Did anyone not see this coming
    * cough *

Though, as the regulars here can testify, as I've never believed that BB10 would arrive on PB anyway (for various reasons that I won't repeat), it doesn't surprise me.

I will however admit to surprise that they actually announced it. I figured they would simply let the clock run out and when 2014 arrived without BB10 on PB, there'd be the dawning realisation that it wasn't ever going to happen.

So, kudos to Thor.

He must have realised that this announcement would put BB's (and his personal) credibility in the toilet... but he announced it anyway.
    eddy_berry and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 11:31 AM
    My first and last purchase of a product by BlackBerry, never ever again will I be fooled again by them.
    Skype was supossed to be useable on my PlayBook was my understanding when I bought mine two months ago.

My new phone will be a Nokia again, whenever the subject of phones comes up among friends or at work I will actively discourage everyone to buy BlackBerry again.
    06-28-13 11:32 AM
    The anti-blackberry fanboy club keeps growing by the second. Good going Twhore.

I'm glad he announced it though. I was going to bite the bullet on July 5th and get a Z10 against my better judgement.

I can understand a later than expected BB10 release, but I cannot excuse a blatant lie.
    playbook_swiper1, Tim1131 and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 12:19 PM
    * cough *

Though, as the regulars here can testify, as I've never believed that BB10 would arrive on PB anyway (for various reasons that I won't repeat), it doesn't surprise me.

I will however admit to surprise that they actually announced it. I figured they would simply let the clock run out and when 2014 arrived without BB10 on PB, there'd be the dawning realisation that it wasn't ever going to happen.

So, kudos to Thor.

He must have realised that this announcement would put BB's (and his personal) credibility in the toilet... but he announced it anyway.
    I didn't see it that way... at the AGM, shareholders could now ask that Thorsten be replaced because of this announcement. He's got balls, I'll give him that.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions
    06-28-13 12:24 PM
    I have been holding off on replacing my very tired Blackberry phone, as I use bridge and was waiting for a BB10 update/confirmation. This weekend I will be out getting a new phone possibly the Nokia as I do not see any point in purchasing a BB10 phone, so yes Blackberry you have lost another customer, if they had announced an updated bridge today I would possibly have stayed but I am not waiting any longer, time to move on, RIP Blackberry it will not be long now, as most of the faithful have started to fall.
    DariusG1996 and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 01:04 PM
    Rocking out to Sirius XM on my Playbook right now then I may use RDP to connect to my work PC and take care of a few things then I may convert a movie to MP4 and watch it later or stream a sporting event on my Playbook. All while bridged to my 9810. Not really missing BB10....
    06-28-13 01:16 PM
    Well that was expected. If they hadn't got bb10 on here by now then they had missed the boat. I'm not really bothered by no bb10 as much as it actually means no further development and no new apps. That really sucks and is really bad pr for bbry. I will still use it as I do now but that is going to get less and less relevant.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:32 PM
    My mum has my 9700, a PB 3G and doesn't care about BB10. My dad has a Q10 and a ChromeBook, also doesn't care about BB10 on the PB.
    I have a Q10, Z10 and a LTE PB, I would like a functional Bridge.

06-28-13 01:32 PM
    Who's going to start the campaign for them to unlock the bootloader so we can get some better use outta these things?
    who needs it? why do we need to beg? why why why? even after this cold insult you want to still beg? man!
    thanks
    -paul
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-13 01:41 PM
    To all those who say playbook is old hardware and cannot run a new os.

Please have a look at iPad 3. That thing is getting iOS 7.
    I have IPad 1, it hasn't iOS6, it's not getting iOS7. Iphone 3GS is not getting iOS7. To be fair the IPad 1 struggles to run iOS5 and it regularly crashes. Sometime software moves beyond hardware.
    I bought my playbook thinking it was getting OS10. I just hope we get OS2.2 with some new improvements that the current hardware can cope with. It would be nice to see some BB10 apps like remember.

And please give us BB10 phone owners a full functioning bridge like my old phone had!
    bozvandam, eddy_berry and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 02:04 PM
    Let's resurrect it.
    Make Bb unlock the boot loader or do it ourselves.
    i am already working on it. ;-) calm down and relax. ;-)
    thanks
    -paul
    06-28-13 02:09 PM
    Not happy at all. Guess it's time to consider alternatives for the future.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-28-13 02:10 PM
    My mum has my 9700, a PB 3G and doesn't care about BB10. My dad has a Q10 and a ChromeBook, also doesn't care about BB10 on the PB.
    I have a Q10, Z10 and a LTE PB, I would like a functional Bridge.

Isn�t the bridge working with the Q10 and Z10? I use the bridge a lot with my 9900 and my wife�s use it a lot with her PB and another 9900.
    06-28-13 02:54 PM
    I have IPad 1, it hasn't iOS6, it's not getting iOS7. Iphone 3GS is not getting iOS7. To be fair the IPad 1 struggles to run iOS5 and it regularly crashes. Sometime software moves beyond hardware.
    I bought my playbook thinking it was getting OS10. I just hope we get OS2.2 with some new improvements that the current hardware can cope with. It would be nice to see some BB10 apps like remember.

And please give us BB10 phone owners a full functioning bridge like my old phone had!
    The difference is that Apple releases a new ipad every year. Playbook owners are permanently stuck with a garbage tablet now.
    06-28-13 02:56 PM
    who needs it? why do we need to beg? why why why? even after this cold insult you want to still beg? man!
    thanks
    -paul
    Can we demand lol
    06-28-13 02:57 PM
    Last year I was called insane, troll, etc. by the fanboys here when I said I wanted Android on the playbook.

But the fact is the playbook hardware is still great and can compete with many more recent tablets.

I would be ready to PAY fro an Android development.
    Last edited by Bakamushi; 06-28-13 at 03:11 PM.
    RS_Ford likes this.
    06-28-13 02:58 PM
    Got my PB the day after it was released. Paid full price. Have just been waiting for things to get better. This is truly disappointing. I already have two iToys, but still prefer the PB because of the bridge software. Oh well.
    06-28-13 03:24 PM
    At least this will stop the discussions.
    Now hang on there pardner. This IS the Crackberry forums we're talking about here
    06-28-13 03:27 PM
    I hope they counter balance that news with news of a new PlayBook coming.
    Lol
    06-28-13 03:29 PM
    Isn�t the bridge working with the Q10 and Z10? I use the bridge a lot with my 9900 and my wife�s use it a lot with her PB and another 9900.
    It works for internet and a couple other things but there is no BBM SMS etc
    06-28-13 04:05 PM
    thanks
    -paul

Attachment 177048

Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-28-13 05:55 PM
    I won't be recommending any BlackBerry product to friends, family and co-workers who are either using pre-BB10 BlackBerries or are thinking of trying out BB10.
    Funny, I know of nobody who owns anything by RIM.
    06-28-13 06:13 PM
    I know this will get shot down but.... I currently use the gn2 and the phone is epic, any app you could ever wish for plus a battery that is near imposdible to drain on a daily basis plus a screen that makes web browsing a dream. Im currently between playbooks having owned 2 but was visiting crackberry on a daily basis to see when bb10 was released so I could invest in another one but now it's pointless and I can honestly say to the people who slate ios or Android, make the jump, stop being frustrated, and ipad 2 or any recent high end android tab will blow playbook awsy.
    Thats it for me, no more posts, I so wanted to love this thing but in the end, its not to be.
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    06-28-13 06:20 PM
    Make sense CJH_. Playbook users need unlocked bootloader. Or, just open source the playbook operating system.
    06-28-13 06:20 PM
    My Playbook was my first BB product. It will also be my last.

"Amateur hour is over"....lol
    FF22 and Magnesus like this.
    06-28-13 07:35 PM
103 12345