Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions
    06-28-13 08:31 AM
    It's a PR disaster. First, they say they will. Now, they won't. This is going to hurt BB10 sales...
    06-28-13 08:34 AM
    Did anyone not see this coming
    Writing's been on the wall for a long time. When stores started dumping the pb actually.Why in the world would any company continue to invest in a discontinued product?
    06-28-13 08:35 AM
    Juste hope something now .... "DIE BLACKBERRY" !!!!
    06-28-13 08:37 AM
    I think pb he is to old, if they released it for pb people complain that it is to slow

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-28-13 08:39 AM
    This sucks, but I can understand if the hardware is too outdated. And if that's the case, update the OS to 2.1 with bug fixes for the browser, etc, and make Bridge FULLY functional with my Q10 (including BBM)!!!!
    06-28-13 08:43 AM
    Looks like BBRY DOES TELL THE TRUTH! They've just updated their slogan! No bb10 on the PlayBook-comign-soon-not.jpg No bb10 on the PlayBook-blackberry-slogan.jpg
    06-28-13 08:46 AM
    The most disorganised busines plan/model i've ever seen.

Not gonna do what we said cos we can't make our own software work on our own hardware and now we are all about one OS.

Oh and by the way were bringing out a new phone that runs on our old OS.

I thought things were changing but same old disjointed decisions, management platitudes and outright lying.

I can't wait to see all the BBRY fanboys justifying this.
    06-28-13 08:48 AM
    To all those who say playbook is old hardware and cannot run a new os.

Please have a look at iPad 3. That thing is getting iOS 7.

BB says it will continue developing current is let's see how that goes.

RIP BB.
    06-28-13 08:49 AM
    To all those who say playbook is old hardware and cannot run a new os.

Please have a look at iPad 3. That thing is getting iOS 7.

BB says it will continue developing current is let's see how that goes.

RIP BB.
    To true - however it must be cheaper to use faster processors and more memory than to produce an eficient OS - what a crock of sh**.

BBRY couldn't code their way out of a paper bag.
    JeepBB and ihys like this.
    06-28-13 08:56 AM
    I kinda figured doesn't it have less ram than the z10? Oh well I don't mind havin it but makes me wonder now what's going to happen to it now?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:58 AM
    Gotta say, this is a major PR disaster when they should be gaining trust
    Last edited by Werner Wortmann; 07-01-13 at 04:21 AM.
    Send Again likes this.
    06-28-13 09:02 AM
    Eat **** Blackberry. You have lost my faith permanently and you are a bunch of lying a$$holes. How many people did you rip off in the last few months who purchased the playbook because you promised BB10 on it.

I've had it with them, they are a joke and Thorstein is a complete windbag who has done nothing to change things.
    Send Again likes this.
    06-28-13 09:12 AM
    Considering their first quarter financials, the handsets may go the way of the Playbook. Fool me once...
    06-28-13 09:30 AM
    Truth be told, I'd much rather they still provide some support for the existing OS, a few tweaks, a few updates.

That and provide a decent version of Kindle (shouldn't be too hard, given they have for BB10 on the Z10).
    06-28-13 09:43 AM
    No bb10 means no me supporting BlackBerry anymore

PM me for details on bb devices I am selling

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:56 AM
    no bb10 means no me supporting blackberry anymore

pm me for details on bb devices i am selling

posted via cb10
    get a life
    06-28-13 10:59 AM
    Enough is enough, as soon as the IPad mini with a retina display comes out, I am getting that and giving my Playbook to my 4 year old to destroy at his will.

Seriously, for two years I have heard nothing but promises and delays from this company. When I first got my playbook I actually went to my CIO to try get get corporate adoption - If I succeeded I probably would have been fired. I have stuck up for RIM in discussion after discussion, argued that it is on the right track, etc. No more.

I am embarrassed when I use my playbook in public, I feel like I have to explain away and apologize for why I have it.

I need to drop my 9810 and get some type of android phone.

I'm done.
    06-28-13 11:02 AM
    Let's be positive. It makes a good, but heavy, book reader. We can play a few games quite nicely.... and... well that's about it.
    06-28-13 11:09 AM
    To Thorsten Heins and BlackBerry,

Go rot in hell, you bunch of incompetent liars

I won't be recommending any BlackBerry product to friends, family and co-workers who are either using pre-BB10 BlackBerries or are thinking of trying out BB10. If you can't support an older product that you specifically said you would provide an upgrade for, how can I trust you clowns with a new device like a Q10 or Z10?

You've let down PlayBook users, developers and anyone foolish enough to believe anything RIM promised. BlackBerry or RIM, it's still the same idiotic company... anyway you shipped less than 3 million BB10 devices in a quarter when Apple shipped 12 million iPhones and Samsung shipped 4 million Galaxy S4's in a month. The end is already here and you're just too dumb to realize that.
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    06-28-13 11:09 AM
    No bb10 means no me supporting BlackBerry anymore

PM me for details on bb devices I am selling

Posted via CB10
    How about you take it to the buy and sell and stop spamming every post. We don't care you are selling your stuff.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:12 AM
    Yeah BlackBerry CEO confirms PlayBook
    tablet won't be getting BB10!
    06-28-13 11:12 AM
    How about you take it to the buy and sell and stop spamming every post. We don't care you are selling your stuff.
    Is it wrong of me to be secretly expecting a glut of PlayBooks to be sold off by disgruntled owners, at derisory prices?

I guess that's not a secret any more...
    kbz1960 and playbook_swiper1 like this.
    06-28-13 11:16 AM
    Look what I found at Goodwill in the $10 bin alongside some 8-tracks, cabbage patch dolls and a furby ...

No bb10 on the PlayBook-1750765_orig.jpg
    06-28-13 11:20 AM
    I'm still keeping my Playbook. OS10 or not won't matter nor does it matter to me. I'm still gonna use it for what I use it for. My opinion. Will I keep this tablet forever? Of course not. Will I look at an Apple or Android? Sure. I actually do play around with the iPad Minis and the Galaxy tabs from time to time, but the size of the Playbook is what's keeping me on the Playbook for now. I hope everyone realizes that the Playbook was the "prototype" (if that's the right word?) for the current QNX powered BB10 smartphones and was light years ahead when it was released, though tragically half-baked. And for those wishing Blackberry to just die, well, that's obviously yinz' opinions. Same story, different day. We all react differently to news. Don't get me wrong, I'm a little disappointed that OS10 isn't coming to the Playbook when they said it would, but I'm not SURPRISED by the news. It's not gonna stop me from using my Playbook for what I use it for. The gestures and things are still very similar on the Playbook and OS10. I am also a little sad that there haven't been too many updates to the Playbook or the apps/games as there used to be, but I understand that BB's focus needs to be on OS10 at this point. I do hope that we will get the next OS 2.2 or whatever incremental Playbook updates.

Still rocking my Playbook/9930 combo. Yinz are free to leave and try other platforms. No one's gonna beat you up for it. As I typically say in my posts, life goes on. Technology changes every second, every minute. We will never catch up to the latest, greatest because it will be surpassed by the next latest and greatest. I don't work for BB, I don't own stock, I don't wish death on any company. I can come and go and buy whatever product I please. I understand many of you feel jilted and feel that BB once again screwed you or gave you a broken promise. But hey, that's life.
    slparry, kelul, Murundum and 3 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:21 AM
103 1234 ...