Hi all,

I have found that when I boot my PB up, the audio is gone. I do a reset (Volume Volume Power buttons) and it restarts with the audio intact. Is there a fix for this? It is not lifethreatening, but it is an annoyance.

Thnaks
    12-20-11 11:13 AM
    Are you saying when you come out of stanby you have no audio or everytime you start from an off state.

In either case you may need to re-load the OS.
    12-20-11 11:24 AM
    From the off state....Reload the OS?!?!?! How does one do that?
    12-20-11 01:28 PM
    I am going to assume don't the volume turned down. There may be an app that's causing some issue. I can't think of anything else. If you installed some app recently and noticed the problem after try deleting the app. If all else fails try re-loading the OS. It's an extreme measure but sometimes has to be done just like on a PC.
    First using desktop manager backup the PB.
    After you have a backup file unplug and turn off the PB.
    It may take a minute or two to fully shut down. In a dark room you can see when the backlight turns off.
    Plug in the USB and turn on the PB.
    You will get a pop -up with an option to update. Its only there for 15 seconds or so.
    It may take awhile to complete.

After you re-load the OS but before restoring via your backup file check the operation. If it works but then stops working again after restore via backup file then I would guess it's an app or corrupt file causing your issue.
    Again this is extreme measure but unless someone else can come up with a better solution it may be the only way.
    RIM is only a phone call away. They may have you do what I suggested but this may be a issue that they are aware of and know an easier way.
    12-20-11 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD