HIE: I was having with my blackberry playbook and i restored it to factory settings , now its deleted all my apps including blackberry app world , there is only the browser left on it . I have been trying to find a way to install blackberry world on it but I cant, I cant even use the camera because the camera app is gone, I assumed it would only delete the apps I uinstalled not the ones that it came with......what should I do now

help please!!!!!!!!!

walter
    06-20-13 12:51 PM
    Hi Wally,

Something must have gone wrong with your restore because all of the apps it came with out of the box are built into the OS and should always be there. You don't need to load anything separately. I would recommend you connect the playbook to your PC and reload the software again, making sure the battery is fully charged this time, that you do not unplug it until it's completely finished.
    06-20-13 12:58 PM
    HIE: I was having with my blackberry playbook and i restored it to factory settings , now its deleted all my apps including blackberry app world , there is only the browser left on it . I have been trying to find a way to install blackberry world on it but I cant, I cant even use the camera because the camera app is gone, I assumed it would only delete the apps I uinstalled not the ones that it came with......what should I do now

help please!!!!!!!!!

walter
    You can first try:

Swipe down from the Main screen and tap the Gear/Settings icon (rightmost icon). Then Select Software Updates, then tap Check for Updates. It should offer updates - take them and give it time.
    just_luc likes this.
    06-20-13 01:23 PM
    If that doesn't work with the pb off, DM open, plug it in, choose update and or repair.
    06-20-13 01:39 PM
    I've had this happen on my dev alphas when trying a security wipe.

I had to use a full OS installer from RIM to fix it. The hard part on the alphas os they wouldn't be recognized by the OS and I had to manually add drivers.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:39 PM
    I wiped my PB last week, and during the set-up process, you should have gotten a notification that an update was available (about 320 MB). If you skip the update, you'll lose all of your system apps. Do as F2 said.
    06-20-13 06:30 PM
    It's best to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to reload the OS, I had the same thing happen after a forced security wipe too. Getting the update would fix a lot, but does not install the wallpapers and such.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 06:48 PM