I don't know why. But I thought android apps were supposed to be automatically updated in OS 2.0+ in the App World. I've never seen one!!!!! Why!!! I heard Dropbox should be in there? Well it's not. Is there anything i should search for or do??? How can I utilize apps more????
    12-10-12 10:39 PM
    Bluebox is an entry to Dropbox. If you search the App World using "dropbox" you get all sorts of suggestions. Also the file manager "Files and Folders" discussed in a recent thread gives you access to dropbox among other cloud services.
    12-10-12 10:52 PM
    But if dropbix was natively supported by playbook wouldn't it be in the app world? Also requesting another other stock Android appsnthat I can search to test my app store. I was under the impression after 2.0 women android apps were stock loaded into the playbook world
    12-10-12 11:03 PM
    The most useful and arguably the best android app available in app world is Ghost Commander, which is a dual pane file browser. The android app Dropbox works on the Playbook, but must be sideloaded (i.e., it's not available in app world but see the sideloading subforum as how to get around this). You can also access dropbox using the Bluebox app from app world, Files and Folders from app world, or the sideloaded apps X-Plore or ES File Explorer. The main advantage of the Dropbox app is that it will automatically sync your Camera folder with the uploaded photos folder on dropbox. All of the apps, except Bluebox, will allow you to stream media stored in the cloud.
    12-10-12 11:21 PM
    I am confused by the question. Appworld has Android apps but they are not identified. Check out GhostCommander as one. It is free. But the Android Player is just inherent in the pb - it does not show up as a separate app or icon. You can also sideload Android apps that are not available from Rim but that's an other story and method.
    12-10-12 11:23 PM
    I don't know why. But I thought android apps were supposed to be automatically updated in OS 2.0+ in the App World. I've never seen one!!!!! Why!!! I heard Dropbox should be in there? Well it's not. Is there anything i should search for or do??? How can I utilize apps more????
    The developer has to submit the updated app to App World for approval. Once it is approved, you'll get an update notice.
    12-11-12 03:32 AM