This would be a nice-to-have: night mode for the entire PB OS. With first and second generation iPad, three quick presses of the home button reversed the entire screen, universally. Even when I dim to the minimum on my PB, browsing at night still shines a lot of light at my eyes. Kobo's app does a great night mode... Just wish it could be for everything. Would a Developer be able to do this as an app or would this have to come from RIM?
    07-07-12 12:44 AM
    Have you tried enabling the "Automatic Backlight Dimming" during night time?
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-07-12 01:13 AM
    With the current OS, developers have no ability to control behavior in other apps or over the entire pb. I don't know if rim will provide this with bb10.
    07-07-12 09:08 AM
    Are you serious? You must have very sensitive eyes. With auto backlight enabled and screen set to min backlighting the PB screen in all uses is very dim, not at all bright. Actually too dim for my preferences.
    07-08-12 12:14 AM
    Hi all,
    Yes, my system is as dim and autodimmed as it can be, but reading this site while in total darkness still blasts a lot of white light at bedtime (which is not good). Interesting comment that there is no universal reverse possible in the OS. I am not sure that the function of three presses on the iPad home button survived the last major ios update. Ahh well, wishful thinking. Thankful to Kobo for enabling it. Night Readers... untie!
    07-08-12 12:35 AM
    I do a lot of night reading before bed and too love Kobo's night mode. I actually prefer it for all reading. White letters on a black background is less fatiguing to my eyes. I've always used it on my phones too.
    07-08-12 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD