Ok, so you keeners probably knew this like the back of your playbook but I didn't.
    So the story goes: My partner and I had to do a.presentation for some MBA students this eve. Tha last few days we have been putting stuff together, well really he was putting it together and I was just constantly telling him what he was doing wrong

So now he is going to send me the ppt but l remember I no longer have ppt on my desktop (long story )...so after swearing like a truck driver he says "you have ppt on the Playbook don't you? " I say "no there are only word and excel icons". He sends me the files anyway - i download the attachments and voila! There it is, open up in ppt. I thought wow,great but surprised that there was no icon. Did some quick searching and realized it came in 2.0(purchased Playbook after 2.0).

Nice little surprise. Anyone have similar nuggets they have unearthed lately on the best $per$ tech purchase you could have made over the last year?
    02-08-13 01:23 AM
    You can download a free app in app world called "CreatePPT"

Functionality is basic though.
    rsmit107 likes this.
    02-08-13 02:43 AM
    Great PowerPoint player. Combine an HDMI cable and you're ready to go.
    David in Durham likes this.
    02-08-13 04:31 AM
    And add BlackBerry bridge to control the whole thing with your BlackBerry phone from anywhere in the room. Pretty slick!
    02-08-13 06:27 AM

You can download a free app in app world called "CreatePPT"
    Functionality is basic though.
    Yes,the part I didn't mention was before the file came over I did download an app but when I opened the actual ppt file it opened up in the native player
    02-08-13 09:55 AM
    Blackberry may have more surprises. Download Discover Now! 2.0 free from app world and also use the help function which may answer most questions. DN!2.0 has a video discussion including the power point functios avaiable in Docs to Go.
    anon(3789651) likes this.
    02-08-13 02:30 PM
    Great PowerPoint player. Combine an HDMI cable and you're ready to go.
    That's the reason I bought my first PlayBook! (So I didn't have to lug a laptop around to do presentations)

And add BlackBerry bridge to control the whole thing with your BlackBerry phone from anywhere in the room. Pretty slick!
    And Remote Control has been a huge boon too! (As well as getting the techies excited, cos however high they have climbed up the management ladders, they are all gadget-freaks at heart.....)
    DC506 likes this.
    02-08-13 04:01 PM