on BB10. I was thinking of getting a full physical keyboard BB10 when they will come out but this effect captured my attention at 00:37 (I don't know if viewers outside the UK can view the video)

BBC News - Blackberry 10: Thorsten Heins's plan to revive RIM
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-29-12 12:13 PM
    Nice interview and demonstration. Makes me want to wait for BB10 devices. BB10 seems to have potential. I hope they effectively deal with battery life and bugs that tend to drain the BL after awhile. The biggest negative I had with my one-and-only Blackberry device, a Pearl Flip, was the horrendous battery life. It was so bad that the battery would drain before the day was up. And it wasn't a battery issue. Once the system was fired up for the first time, BL was good for awhile. Then, after fully setting it up and such, BL magically dropped off a cliff.

That was my one and only experience I had with BB smartphones and it left me more than just soured. Not just the BL, but the system and UI was reproachable. If RIM deals effectively with things from the past, they could retake significant marketshare.
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    10-29-12 12:30 PM
    I don't have any real battery issues with my BB 9300. It lasts around 2 days with an average use (30-40mins calls, 10-15 emails, 10-15mins of browsing a day). I tested other devices (e.g. samsung note 1, samsung galaxy 2) and I can honestly say my BB's BL outlasts the BL of those devices. But in general i think if we are looking for a good BL on a mobile we need to go back to the old good times (see Nokia 6110)

Yes, BB10 appears a promising platform. I am free of contract right now so I just wait for them.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-29-12 12:40 PM
    Lol, is at the first time you've seen the lock screen transition? I think Kevin posted a 30 minute video a while ago of him just swiping up and down on the lock screen
    10-29-12 12:47 PM
    hehe..yes it is. Who is Kevin? Point me to the video, I would love to see more of that (even for 30 mins)
    10-29-12 12:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/members/kevin-michaluk-6/

Founder and fearless leader of Crackberry. He's the guy that makes Crackberry...Crackberry. He also currently resembles cousin it.
    10-29-12 12:57 PM
    hehe I see...shall I bow now? Anyhow, meet dave_h_946, the ultimate creator of 50 posts (51 now). I am the one who makes my posts...posts. I only need 1400 to reach you and some more thousands to reach Kevin's...but I am getting closer
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-29-12 01:13 PM
    One thing I hope RIM will consider with BB10 hardware is the angle of the front facing camera (FFC). I hate having to angle my phones toward my neck or chest for my face to be centered in the display. It seems all FFC-equipped phones are like this. When I hold my phones at a normal distance and a comfortable, display-observing angle to my eyes - generally perfectly perpendicular - my face is always partly below the bottom edge of the display. - like half or 3/4 of my face showing.
    10-29-12 01:56 PM