Forgot at least one thing. Playbook has magnetic charging port with which you can use rapid travel charger. True Nexus7 has the pogo pins and Asus is apparently coming out with a charging dock. From the pictures case interference may be a problem as it is with the BBPB dock charger except for cases like the Blurex. Use the tablet USB port as little as possible to save wear and tear. Another consideration is which big daddy you trust the most with your information. You don't have to work for the government to want to keep your business as private as possible. Thats why I plan to keep my BBPB and use it for online accounts.
    08-01-12 12:52 PM
    - The only downside is the availability of apps, but I was well aware of that when I bought the Playbook and the ability to sideload Android apps is useful, though I feel that they don't run quite as well as they would on an Android tablet. Rather than discounting the tablets so much I feel that RIM would be better off paying Skype/Flickr/Spotify/Dropbox to develop apps for QNX/BB10. I don't care about the latest games, but it is a shame that we don't have access to the most popular cloud-based services.
    The best app I have seen so far for accessing cloud services is Files and Folders, which can access Dropbox, Box, SugarSync, and Google Docs/Drive, and the developer has said here that work on SkyDrive is nearly complete.

I also used the browser to create links on my home page to the Amazon Cloud Player and my Kingston Wi-Drive, a small solid state drive that stores media files and creates its one wifi network to stream them.
    08-01-12 01:03 PM
    Also since google makes their money mining user data I'd never buy an android product. But thats just me.
    May the paranoid unite! Can't agree more with this statement!
    08-01-12 01:35 PM
    OP,

Also since google makes their money mining user data I'd never buy an android product. But thats just me.
    Bingo

in ten years I expect Google to change there name to skynet. Ten years after that when there launching nukes everywhere I wont be able to hide/survive because they know everything about me right down to my favourite toliet paper
    08-01-12 03:56 PM
    May the paranoid unite! Can't agree more with this statement!
    Yeah, about everytime I use the google web interface they would "appreciate" my mobile number so that in case I lose access, I can use that. Sure thing, Big G!!!!

I do appreciate their search and mapping but have no doubt they know every illness I've looked up and every place I've ever thought of visiting and every product I've ever dreamed of.
    08-01-12 06:04 PM
    Bingo

in ten years I expect Google to change there name to skynet. Ten years after that when there launching nukes everywhere I wont be able to hide/survive because they know everything about me right down to my favourite toliet paper
    Costco. And I just this morning noticed they changed the packaging. No more individual paper wraps - now there is plastic around each was it 6 or 12 or whatever.
    08-01-12 06:06 PM
    That sounds right based on the few hands on experiences I've had with the Nexus 7. The PlayBook is in good company.
    08-01-12 11:22 PM
    Yeah, about everytime I use the google web interface they would "appreciate" my mobile number so that in case I lose access, I can use that. Sure thing, Big G!!!!

I do appreciate their search and mapping but have no doubt they know every illness I've looked up and every place I've ever thought of visiting and every product I've ever dreamed of.
    but... but... what about their motto: Don't Be Evil?!? Or is that now shortened to Dr. Evil?

FEELING LUCKY, PUNK?
    bay1902 likes this.
    08-01-12 11:38 PM
    it's a good summary between the two, my biggest gripe is the weight, holding the nexus in one hand is very comfortable. The QNX os is very nice and none of those silly force quit stuff like android (nothing beats native, dalvik is a bit crappy).

The biggest difference however is PRICE, �199 for the Nexus 16GB and �129 for the 64GB. So all in all the question is - is the �70 saving worth the 4x more memory, slightly slower CPU, lower res screen. For me yes 16GB is pitiful when a 32gb microsd card is less than �20.

Plus the swiping is very similar to my Nokia N9 and it's an intelligent use of the borders of the tablet.
    heppyX and masqueofhastur like this.
    09-21-12 05:15 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD