Contacted BB Web site Warranty Service: after receiving "Ticket number" confirming an eventual call from Rep still no news after a week.
    Question: What would be recommended as next step?
    (Acquired new PB 64GB Wifi Amazon/Softronics on September 17 2013: after initial set up, keyboard and touch screen responding heavily with minimum of accuracy: hitting once or 3-4 times letters and numbers for onscreen text. On screen scrolling sluggish and slow. While inserting PB in original sleeve On/Off button fell off! On a positive note, excellent Bridge Link between PB and my BB10 mobile phone.)
    Last edited by kevin2b; 10-02-13 at 11:39 AM.
    10-02-13 11:26 AM
    Call again or exchange if the time period to return isn't over.
    kevin2b likes this.
    10-02-13 11:34 AM
    Contacted BB Web site Warranty Service: after receiving "Ticket number" confirming an eventual call from Rep still no news after a week.
    Question: What would be recommended as next step?
    (Acquired new PB 64GB Wifi Amazon/Softronics on September 17 2013: after initial set up, keyboard and touch screen responding heavily with minimum of accuracy: hitting once or 3-4 times letters and numbers for onscreen text. On screen scrolling sluggish and slow. While inserting PB in original sleeve On/Off button fell off! On a positive note, excellent Bridge Link between PB and my BB10 mobile phone.)
    Like above poster said, if you are within the return period (30 days?) just exchange it for another. Definatly a DOA out of the box pretty much.

call Vendor first to see if they will exchange it for another unit....First. If that fails, then go to RIM and they should fix you up. They are still good giving support for this thing we call a Playbook.

c
    kevin2b likes this.
    10-02-13 12:08 PM
    Did you register for this 90 day support? It's like a "bumper to bumper" warranty on a car. Call them to make sure which is best to use.
    PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US
    Carl Estes and kevin2b like this.
    10-02-13 12:32 PM
    Yes I registered for the 90

Kevin K2b
    10-02-13 07:38 PM
    .... Yes I did register my PB for the 90 days on BlackBerry website. Thank you for the tip. Will call RIM first thing tomorrow!

Kevin K2b
    10-02-13 07:43 PM
    Will call also call Vendor "Shoptronics Canada" and see what they have to say. Thank you!

Kevin K2b
    10-02-13 07:45 PM
    Got a new one I am sending to BlackBerry also. They have been over two weeks getting back to me. I just got my return package from FedEx today. The layoffs must have hit them also. Just give them a little time.
    kevin2b likes this.
    10-03-13 12:37 AM
    Back to your question about return, repair, or exchange. My PB was only a week old but I could not operate the power button. I opted for the exchange, which is they charge your credit card full PB price, they send a replacement 2 day FedEx, they send a paid 2 day FedEx box for you to send the broken PB back, they refund your credit card when they receive your PB. I asked my rep to run a serial number check and she said it was new and not refurb. If you want to keep the same PB you would have to opt for repair. Don't know how long that would take. Mine has been flawless and will be 2 yo Jan 2014.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-03-13 08:43 AM
    My replacment (I don't think it was a repair), took 4 days if I recall. Left the pacific northWET on a Thurs, shipped to Tenn, and got the new unit the next Tues!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-03-13 09:45 AM
    Got a new one I am sending to BlackBerry also. They have been over two weeks getting back to me. I just got my return package from FedEx today. The layoffs must have hit them also. Just give them a little time.
    Thank you. If I read you correctly you prefered dealing with RIM than Vendor (30 day return). You requested repair or exchange for new PB?

Kevin K2b
    10-03-13 10:06 AM
    Thank you. If I read you correctly you prefered dealing with RIM than Vendor (30 day return). You requested repair or exchange for new PB?

Kevin K2b
    Yes I sent it in to BlackBerry. I didn't want to pay the return shipping to the vendor and chance another DOA unit. With BlackBerry they sent me a prepared FedEx package at no additional cost to me. I know that I will get back a working PlayBook from them.
    kevin2b likes this.
    10-04-13 03:32 AM
    Yes I sent it in to BlackBerry. I didn't want to pay the return shipping to the vendor and chance another DOA unit. With BlackBerry they sent me a prepared FedEx package at no additional cost to me. I know that I will get back a working PlayBook from them.
    Conclusive. Cost and efficency wise. RIM it will be. Regards.

Kevin K2b
    dazzleaj likes this.
    10-04-13 08:56 AM
    Just received my New Playbook from repair from TN US. Fast RIM 3 day servicing and FedEx delivery! Excellent Client Service from RIM.

But... aside for the On/Off button repaired, keyboard still heavy 50% non responsive. Sluggish OS. Back to my Z10 and to 90 days servicing!

Kevin K2b
    10-11-13 11:25 PM