What is wrong with some of you people? No one claimed they got an update.
    Sorry, not yet.

But I have been deleting Kobo Books every 1/2 hour and then updating just for the cheap thrills and to keep my playbook in shape for the big one.
    05-17-11 10:50 PM
    The rumored move to a new number sequence, to 104, is just salt in the open wound! It's bad enough for someone like me who has always jumped at the latest phone upgrade, no matter the carrier (and even the beta-leaks with spotty results), so at least I have trained myself to hang in there and keep checking and hoping. But if you never bothered with that stuff and this upgrade-fever started with the Playbook, it must be torture! I wonder if, after the carriers get their branded Playbooks, we will see form hold with upgrades rolling out at spaced intervals across the globe, and inevitable leaks before official releases. The first months after a device release, these leaks and even some of the "other-carrier" upgrades are somewhat risky propositions, but as the devices and their OS's mature, the upgrades settle down and load on with much less disruption. It doen't necessarily follow that QNX will follow this pattern though.
    05-17-11 10:51 PM
    just like michael bolton said. said i love you but i lied
    said i got an update but i lied
    05-17-11 10:53 PM
    Sorry, not yet.

But I have been deleting Kobo Books every 1/2 hour and then updating just for the cheap thrills and to keep my playbook in shape for the big one.
    With all that practice, your Playbook will perform the upgrade with ease when the big one hits...lol
    05-17-11 10:55 PM
    With all that practice, your Playbook will perform the upgrade with ease when the big one hits...lol
    WTF Oops, now what?

05-17-11 11:24 PM
    Wow! That must have kept you busy for a couple hours! How many times did you click??
    05-17-11 11:30 PM
    that would be so funny if we got an update right now and you had to wait 72hrs.
    05-17-11 11:43 PM
    LOL, that's a good one. I'd love to see some server stats of how many hits that update server gets a day. Of course, I can never take the word of the first push and have to check it 3-4 times each time myself...
    05-17-11 11:54 PM
    WTF Oops, now what?

This is so fascinating.. I'm trying to get this error message for myself have been tapping the check for updates button since the past hour but no sign of progress!
    05-18-11 12:57 AM
    WTF Oops, now what?

LMAO!!!

Perhaps you should try to think of names for the new Winnipeg hockey team instead (like they were talking on the news tonight)!

Anyhow I think you're playing a practical joke on us with that pic, even though it's good. LOL
    05-18-11 01:06 AM
    that's a bad photoshop job.
    05-18-11 01:43 AM
    that's a bad photoshop job.
    But it's a screen shot and Adobe hasn't put Photoshop for the PB out yet...
    05-18-11 01:45 AM
    But it's a screen shot and Adobe hasn't put Photoshop for the PB out yet...
    you don't need a photoshop or an image editing app in playbook to do the job, copy the file from your pB to your pc and thence edit the image as our dear friend has done mockingly!
    05-18-11 03:24 AM
    Rly?... so you photoshop something and then make a typo like

PRIVIL*A*GES?... RLY??????
    05-18-11 03:31 AM
    I think it's real because I'm getting blocked now:

05-18-11 03:48 AM
    that's enough to keep me away from checking the updates periodically on my pB! Checking the forum is SAFEr!
    Last edited by MUGHALGXT; 05-18-11 at 04:37 AM.
    05-18-11 04:34 AM
    thats so not true.
    05-18-11 05:23 AM
    :derp: this has turned into a big shenanigan cluster.
    05-18-11 06:04 AM
    I think it's real because I'm getting blocked now:

You could at least have used the same font as me.
    05-18-11 06:38 AM
    WTF Oops, now what?

It's RIM saying hey dumb a s ses quit tying up the system checking for updates every freaking minute.
    05-18-11 07:05 AM
    you can tell its real....that's the Canadian spelling
    05-18-11 08:38 AM
    next update may come soon. as per BerryReview article, PlayBook is gonna release on May 25 in Saudi Arabia and they stated it will have arabic language support. so thats it! an update
    05-18-11 09:29 AM
    lol...i **** u not...i rarely even post stuff here...so I won't just start a thread out of boredom...especially not on the day i got my playbook...and Bla1ze had a spell where he was seeing updates no one else could...so it won't be the 1st time it has happened.
    Actually it was Adam Zeis.
    05-18-11 10:41 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD