Is it just me or is anyone else noticing 'Newbies' with 1 post stating big claims?

I.e. - Skype working, I'm getting a 480+ download right now etc...

The first thing i look at when I see a potential big claim is how many posts that person has made.

Today seems like there are a lot....doesn't smell right to me.

Just my opinion.
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    01-29-13 04:44 PM
    It is suspicious at least. I was thinking the same thing
    01-29-13 04:47 PM
    Is it just me or is anyone else noticing 'Newbies' with 1 post stating big claims?

I.e. - Skype working, I'm getting a 480+ download right now etc...

The first thing i look at when I see a potential big claim is how many posts that person has made.

Today seems like there are a lot....doesn't smell right to me.

Just my opinion.
    Death to the noobs! Off with their heads!
    Tsaishen and redk like this.
    01-29-13 04:47 PM
    Best response is to ignore, if you feed the bs, it just grows and everyone smells bad.
    pchapple13, kbz1960 and BB_Bmore like this.
    01-29-13 04:59 PM
    I'm a long time reader, but first time poster. I learned a long time ago to just keep my mouth shut, and listen, unless I've got something really valuable to add to the conversation.

So I'm just going to go back to shutting up, now.
    curve-20 and dmlis like this.
    01-29-13 05:01 PM
    I'm a long time reader, but first time poster. I learned a long time ago to just keep my mouth shut, and listen, unless I've got something really valuable to add to the conversation.

So I'm just going to go back to shutting up, now.
    Here's to no value at all comments in totally off topic threads! [clink]
    thecellarseller and RicThot like this.
    01-29-13 05:08 PM
    Honest mistake on my part for checking out this website and thinking I could actually join the community and talk about the update coming soon. Before posting I checked on google and the only thing I found was a 37 meg update sometime in Dec relating to 2.1.0.1314. When I posted it was not meant to draw in a crowd or to make up things. When I turned on her playbook it stated there was a 481 meg update. Glad to feel the love around here. Please remember, you were all noobs on this website at one time
    01-29-13 05:14 PM
    Honest mistake on my part for checking out this website and thinking I could actually join the community and talk about the update coming soon. Before posting I checked on google and the only thing I found was a 37 meg update sometime in Dec relating to 2.1.0.1314. When I posted it was not meant to draw in a crowd or to make up things. When I turned on her playbook it stated there was a 481 meg update. Glad to feel the love around here. Please remember, you were all noobs on this website at one time
    No worries, mate. At least we finally have something for the noobs and the nerds to discuss round here! Bring on BB10, bay-bee!
    01-29-13 05:19 PM
    How 'bout them Jays?
    01-29-13 05:23 PM
    Why is it that newbies get bashed anyway? Is it because nerds have no one else to pick on except newer nerds?
    juacas and seamonky like this.
    01-29-13 06:14 PM
    The crackberry faithful (crackberrians?, crackberries?) are maybe a little overly sensitive - especially right now - and are used to people jumping over from imore or the Android or windows forums trying to stir up trouble. I'm sure there's no offense meant to honest questions and excitement.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-29-13 06:29 PM
    The crackberry faithful (crackberrians?, crackberries?) are maybe a little overly sensitive - especially right now - and are used to people jumping over from imore or the Android or windows forums trying to stir up trouble. I'm sure there's no offense meant to honest questions and excitement.
    Cool name. Miles Vorkosigan is one of my three all time favourite characters. The others are Flinx and Slippery Jim DiGriz /end offtopic
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-29-13 06:40 PM
    I was wondering if my post would generate some discussion. I was merely stating that I've seen a considerable uptick in Newbie posts regarding big advancements in this or that at a time when most playbook users are acting like 13 yr old boys about to go on their first date hoping that they will get some. Anyone coming in and throwing out a big teaser at this frenzied time will send all those playbook users into a dark room banging away on their tablets until there is dent on the screen where it says 'Update' only to emerge blind and disappointed...with a sore index finger.

...just saying...

Now if you excuse me I have date with playbook in a dark room.....
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-29-13 06:48 PM
    Why is it that newbies get bashed anyway? Is it because nerds have no one else to pick on except newer nerds?
    Hehehe that's funny!!
    curve-20 likes this.
    01-29-13 07:03 PM
    There are a lot of pricks on here - take it with a grain of salt. I had similar thoughts as you when I first joined. Anyhow, some people are just rude. Ignore them. This IS a discussion community and it's purpose is to discuss all things BlackBerry. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
    seamonky, Lowfatdog and curve-20 like this.
    01-29-13 09:21 PM
    Crackbabies
    01-29-13 09:24 PM
    There are a lot of pricks on here - take it with a grain of salt. I had similar thoughts as you when I first joined. Anyhow, some people are just rude. Ignore them. This IS a discussion community and it's purpose is to discuss all things BlackBerry. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
    Prickberries
    01-29-13 09:33 PM
    I think you shouldn’t be allowed to post until you reach 250 posts...
    Barljo and dmlis like this.
    01-30-13 05:49 AM
    I think you shouldn’t be allowed to post until you reach 250 posts...

Perhaps you meant, "...when you read 250 posts."
    Lowfatdog likes this.
    01-30-13 06:14 AM
    Please remember, you were all noobs on this website at one time
    There are some mean, angry people on here who will jump on you for any little reason. A fellow BB addict has told me he just doesn't come here anymore because of the attitudes. It's a shame because most of us share a love for a wonderful product. It should be a happy, joyful site. FWIW, though, bad attitudes are commonplace in fora all over the internet.

Please stick around and add to the fun. You'll learn to identify the nasty people soon enough and you'll be able to ignore them.
    chaosdivine and curve-20 like this.
    01-30-13 06:48 AM
    Yes, IMO Elephants are bigger than Hippos!
    jcbrunson likes this.
    01-30-13 06:54 AM
    There are some mean, angry people on here who will jump on you for any little reason. A fellow BB addict has told me he just doesn't come here anymore because of the attitudes. It's a shame because most of us share a love for a wonderful product. It should be a happy, joyful site. FWIW, though, bad attitudes are commonplace in fora all over the internet.

Please stick around and add to the fun. You'll learn to identify the nasty people soon enough and you'll be able to ignore them.
    Well it is in the rules that abusive behaviour towards other members is strictly forbidden. If anyone feels they have been treated in an abusive manner by another member, they should alert a mod immediately. I would rather see so-called "longstanding" members getting removed from the site than a new member, who may have a lot to give to the site in the future, being scared off. Just my tuppence worth. Now bring on BB10. YeeHar!
    01-30-13 07:06 AM
    Hear hear!. Welcome to the real world. I know exactly how you feel!

By the way do you like brandy?
    01-30-13 07:11 AM
    Yes, IMO Elephants are bigger than Hippos!
    Bigger in what way - size or weight?

Also to contribute to the other noob/nerd discussion, be careful using pejorative terms to describe people you don't particularly like around here. It always comes back on you since it is usually the pot calling the kettle black. Cmon folks, TODAY IS THE DAY. Happy BB10 day! Nerds and Noobs UNITE!
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 01-30-13 at 07:25 AM. Reason: just for kicks
    01-30-13 07:16 AM
    This is an excellent thread to keep the prissy and self righteous occupied.

Genius
    01-30-13 07:32 AM
27 12