Is there a way to edit the file names once on the PB ? I tryed via BB Bridge, and I don't find a way to do that.

Also, can't acces the PB files from the 9900 while on bridge.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for the Help.
    04-21-12 10:15 AM
    Is there a way to edit the file names once on the PB ? I tryed via BB Bridge, and I don't find a way to do that.

Also, can't acces the PB files from the 9900 while on bridge.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for the Help.
    i use 2 methods:

1. A free file managing app 'air browser', and
    2. my laptop when sharing files.

the 2nd method is particularly convenient as it can be done w/o using USB cable if both the PB and a laptop are on the the same wi-fi.
    Talon88 likes this.
    04-23-12 06:03 AM
    There are some great, comprehensive tips here. +1!
    04-24-12 11:40 AM
    How can I change the name of Bookmarks in the browser on the PB? For instance, a bookmark for Photobucket is called "file sharing, video sharing and image editing..." why can't I just rename it Photobucket? How-to someone??
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    05-02-12 08:34 PM
    Yesterday, I have bought a Playbook 32GB.
    I plugged in to charge with the supplied charger. It shows red LED for few seconds then green LED flashes 5 times and turns off. I kept it on charging for more than 6/7 hours. No luck.
    I googled and found the following answer.

“If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it. It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.”

Still No Luck…
    Please help
    05-04-12 01:11 AM
    @captus If you bought it used, then you'll either need to go to an authorized blackberry repair or service centre, or you're out of luck.
    captus likes this.
    05-04-12 01:47 AM
    Yesterday, I have bought a Playbook 32GB.
    I plugged in to charge with the supplied charger. It shows red LED for few seconds then green LED flashes 5 times and turns off. I kept it on charging for more than 6/7 hours. No luck.
    I googled and found the following answer.

�If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it. It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.�

Still No Luck�
    Please help
    I bought a refurbished PB and I think I used my phone charger to charge my PB which apparently is a very bad thing. I ended up with similar symptoms.
    I think the solution was to plug it into my PC, start up DM, let it wipe it and then reload the OS.
    Don't unplug it until it tells you too then charge it up again.
    Haven't had a problem since then.
    And be careful that you on use the supplied BB charger.
    captus likes this.
    05-04-12 08:14 AM
    @captus If you bought it used, then you'll either need to go to an authorized blackberry repair or service centre, or you're out of luck.
    No, I have bought a fresh piece. I think it must be unsold since mfg and the battery got dead... I have given back to the seller. Let's see what he does...
    05-06-12 06:53 AM
    I bought a refurbished PB and I think I used my phone charger to charge my PB which apparently is a very bad thing. I ended up with similar symptoms.
    I think the solution was to plug it into my PC, start up DM, let it wipe it and then reload the OS.
    Don't unplug it until it tells you too then charge it up again.
    Haven't had a problem since then.
    And be careful that you on use the supplied BB charger.
    It was a fresh piece. I have returned it to the seller. If he isn't able to fix it, it will try thru DM.... thanks..
    05-06-12 06:57 AM
    my playbook is paired with other devices but can not connect. help pls.
    05-14-12 07:08 AM
    my playbook is paired with other devices but can not connect. help please.
    It can't be used like a speakerphone, but if you cannot get bridge working, make sure you are following aLl directions properly.
    05-14-12 08:32 AM
    I have a question while using bridge and 9900 as a remote. Is there a way to scroll down a page without touching the PB screen when I am using the 9900 as a trackpad or keyboard ?

I am able to do pretty much everything with both devices but can't seem to get that to work
    There's another way I found besides holding alt and scrolling with the trackpad. I did a search and didn't see this anywhere, sorry if I'm repeating.

I was experimenting and wanted to be able to do it all one handed. With the cursor visible on the PB screen, select a key on the BB keyboard as if to start typing. When the letter appears on the BB screen, at that point you can scroll with the trackpad one handed. Works great for me. I hope it's useful.

Edit: I have found that some apps this does not work on, nor the alt hold or alt+left shift. But so far all web pages and some apps I've tried. You'll have to experiment. Alt then left shift works best across most applications
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-18-12 at 07:52 PM.
    05-17-12 11:58 PM
    my playbook is paired with other devices but can not connect. help pls.
    I had the same problem. Funny enough, it worked after a while and I didn't know what I did to make it work.
    05-21-12 09:31 PM
    Sorry, long thread and I might have missed it...

Is there another way to take a screen capture besides holding the two volume keys down?

its not working for me.

EDIT:

Nevermind... my work perimeter was unlocked... once I locked it, screen shot works..
    See also -> http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29585
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 05-22-12 at 03:00 PM.
    05-22-12 02:44 PM
    I just purchased Playbook #2 because my 3.5 yr old son wouldn't leave mine alone. Nevertheless, I'm trying to download the very first update, and it keeps failing. It finally got to Installing new software, but it failed again for the 4th time.

Could there be a problem with my Blackberry ID? I of course used the same one as my other playbook and my bold 9900.

I need to get this downloaded today. Please help
    05-22-12 07:25 PM
    did you try doing it through DM?
    05-22-12 11:08 PM
    Hi everyone,

I am a proud PB owner for 3 hours now

That being said, please don't laugh when you hear my question :
    -dowloaded Asphalt6 and that other Combat games that were free in the AppWorld, everything is fine.
    -downloaded "TabletTVFree" and "TopGearNews", they appear as "installed" in MyWorld, but I can't find them on my PB. Where I am supposed to look? They aren't in the main App menu. Is there another menu with all the Apps installed?

Many thanks,
    Chris.
    05-24-12 10:31 AM
    some icons will be hidden, swipe up...also you may have another page....swipe across.
    05-24-12 10:34 AM
    Did both, swiping up shows a full menu with 2 pages, on which i can find the pre-loaded apps + asphalt6 and combat...
    05-24-12 10:38 AM
    ok....this i where i run screaming for help lol.

deleting and trying again is one way, and are you sure you searched all of the home screen? sometimes they can be hiding. Hold in potrait mode and see if you can see them.
    chrisro likes this.
    05-24-12 10:44 AM
    Yeayyy, I was blind and now I see
    Portrait mode did it, I found the little evils hiding there. Nice feature

Many thanks,
    Chris.
    rsmit107 likes this.
    05-24-12 12:51 PM
    wow this is really nice post man thanks for sharing
    07-31-12 08:04 AM
    Is there a way to insert auto text without the PB inserting a space at the end of the word? I know it's a minor inconvenience to have to backspace to insert punctuation but I thought I'd ask anyway.
    07-31-12 08:58 PM
    Is there a way to insert auto text without the PB inserting a space at the end of the word? I know it's a minor inconvenience to have to backspace to insert punctuation but I thought I'd ask anyway.
    Commas and periods are automatically placed correctly, try it. They are backed into place next to the word.
    playbookinBC likes this.
    07-31-12 09:15 PM
    Yes, you are right after buying playbook i really don't know what to do with that. After reading some online posts i able to operate that play book.
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    08-01-12 12:32 PM
365 ... 1011121314 ...