1. Don't know, I don't use it.

2. Not until 2.0 comes out. Has no one ever started an email and attached a file to it?

3. Correct.
    I tried to thru my hotmail but it wouldn't let me do an attachment
    02-09-12 09:37 AM
    I tried to thru my hotmail but it wouldn't let me do an attachment
    Sorry, again I don't use hotmail but I have no trouble with gmail or yahoo mail. Maybe someone that uses hotmail will chime in.
    02-09-12 09:40 AM
    pob75...
    re:#2 just save your document, open up your email and attach the file to it
    02-09-12 08:30 PM
    I messed up on quoting but this is from POST #10, UI (user interface) navigation and bezel swipes

In mail with the list on the left and an open email on the right. Tapping on a blank area on the email will make it full screen and a similar tap when full will go back to list and smaller email.panel again.

BJ, My first read thru so maybe already discussed: I am a 2 weeks in owner of a 64gb with 1.0.8.6067 and "maximizing" an email from the double pane : I grew frustrated trying this - my double tap wasn't working, so I tried a two-finger double tap and VOILA! - [I][U]but that is not the final answer![I][U] Turns out it was the way I was holding my finger : I was tapping with the tip of my finger (trying to avoid fingerprints), and when I double tapped with the "pad" of my single finger - VOILA!

So - both actually work and I will experiment elsewhere now too. One finger tap as if being "fingerprinted" or two finger tap using the "tips" to avoid larger finger prints.
    Last edited by DocDRM; 02-10-12 at 09:21 AM. Reason: referenced wrong post
    02-10-12 09:18 AM
    pob75...
    re:#2 just save your document, open up your email and attach the file to it
    there is no option on hotmail to do an attachment
    02-10-12 10:17 AM
    there is no option on hotmail to do an attachment
    No option for that in gmail either... what's worse is even though bridged, you're limited to certain documents for attaching. Hopefully this is changed in 2.0...
    02-10-12 10:38 AM
    No option for that in gmail either... what's worse is even though bridged, you're limited to certain documents for attaching. Hopefully this is changed in 2.0...
    Really? Mine must be special.
    02-10-12 10:52 AM
    Really? Mine must be special.
    Interesting... are you using the PB's native browser to get to gmail or are you using a third party browser to get to gmail? Reason I ask is because your screenshot looks like what I would see on a desktop while the one I see on my PB resembles more like a gmail/bridged Messages combo view where the left pane is a message list and the right is the current message's contents. On mine there is no attachments section...

Then when I bridge to my phone and use the bridged Messages app to compose an e-mail, it'll recognize certain extensions when I pull up the attachments section. One extension it does not is CSV and it does not even show up when you browse the directory.
    02-10-12 12:03 PM
    Interesting... are you using the PB's native browser to get to gmail or are you using a third party browser to get to gmail? Reason I ask is because your screenshot looks like what I would see on a desktop while the one I see on my PB resembles more like a gmail/bridged Messages combo view where the left pane is a message list and the right is the current message's contents. On mine there is no attachments section...

Then when I bridge to my phone and use the bridged Messages app to compose an e-mail, it'll recognize certain extensions when I pull up the attachments section. One extension it does not is CSV and it does not even show up when you browse the directory.
    Hi, using the native browser and gmail in basic html mode which can be chosen if you scroll the left panel to the bottom.
    dimm0k likes this.
    02-10-12 12:33 PM
    Hi, using the native browser and gmail in basic html mode which can be chosen if you scroll the left panel to the bottom.
    Ahh, there we go! Thanks for that!
    02-10-12 02:00 PM
    This might be obvious to most, but I just noticed.

In AppWorld, when on the Purchase or Download screen for a given app, at the bottom left of the page you'll see a sample image or a screen capture for the app.

You can side scroll to view additional images!
    02-12-12 10:25 AM
    I wish I had known this, but before starting your PlayBook watch the tutorials here

[HTML]http://demos.blackberry.com/playbook/na/us/gen/?=topicfirstsetup
    [/HTML]
    baysed408 and biffb like this.
    02-15-12 01:26 AM
    Hi - I haven't seen this stated anywhere... Does the playbook music player push audio through the HDMI port?

UPDATED: Never mind.... Tried it and it works like a charm! Plugged hdmi into my AV unit. Sound and screen both.
    Last edited by gjcBold; 02-16-12 at 12:12 PM.
    02-15-12 02:11 PM
    If you have tried to fix any problems or continue to have a problem with the PB holding a charge, or it shuts off by itself while using, call for Support..

The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: [email protected]

I registered for the 90 day Tech support. Is there somewhere I need to register for the one year warranty?
    02-17-12 04:29 PM
    I registered for the 90 day Tech support. Is there somewhere I need to register for the one year warranty?
    It should go hand in hand... but you can call them again to make sure.
    mike in nc likes this.
    02-17-12 08:17 PM
    under "storage & sharing" you can find network indentification. contaning
    "TabletNetwork Name"
    "Workgroup"
    "Username"

should these be changed just for security purposes? I am assuming these are pretty much all default names when you purchase your PB
    Thanks
    02-18-12 07:14 PM
    That portion identifies your PB when connecting to filee or wifi sharing... I have left mine to the default.
    mike in nc likes this.
    02-18-12 08:32 PM
    I have not seen anything on how secure the browser is, I mean, can I go to a site from my PB and purchase say an ebook, and insert my credit card number and all that information?
    Thanks
    02-18-12 08:38 PM
    Make sure the web site you are on is secure before you enter any personal information, the same as if you were on a PC.
    02-18-12 10:59 PM
    Wouldn't it be great if the keyboard was related to your country setting and gave you the appropriate country extension to replace ".ca", i.e. I'm in Australia so most sites I use end in ".au".
    Actually if you hold your finger on the .com it'll change to .ca, .org, etc...
    02-20-12 02:34 PM
    NOTE for OS2.0: be sure to lock "Enterprise" mode in order for screenshots to work.
    02-21-12 02:24 PM
    This thread has been EXTREMELY USEFUL in teaching me all the hidden tricks my PB can do since I purchased it back in December. Now that OS2 is out (just finished installing) I wonder if those more knowledgeable will be kind enough to start a new storm of messages teaching us the new tricks the PB can do with the new OS. That would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance! PS: if there is a different thread that will be dedicated to that, please answer with link. Cheers.
    02-22-12 06:04 AM
    This thread has been EXTREMELY USEFUL in teaching me all the hidden tricks my PB can do since I purchased it back in December. Now that OS2 is out (just finished installing) I wonder if those more knowledgeable will be kind enough to start a new storm of messages teaching us the new tricks the PB can do with the new OS. That would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance! PS: if there is a different thread that will be dedicated to that, please answer with link. Cheers.
    Agreed. As many of the tips and tricks may no longer be valid in OS2, this thread should be renamed to "Newbie Tips and Tricks - Playbook OS1" with a link to a new thread for newbies and OS2. Then close this thread.

Just my opinion though...
    02-22-12 08:18 AM
    Here is one for now..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/
    hernanbalda likes this.
    02-22-12 08:32 AM
    Some 1 can help!

Video Chat application not installed in playbook, also few other apps.. what to do....?
    through playbook out of window or work with it...
    02-24-12 07:38 AM
365 ... 89101112 ...