Thank you so much for this thread. Being a playbook newbie, this has come in very handy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here. Thanks for all the hard work putting this together...
    01-13-12 01:20 PM
    I had no problem getting the bridge to work with AT&T. Don't know if this means that problem has been fixed or not, but no problem here.

Ditto and I got mine yesterday.
    01-13-12 01:29 PM
    I keep discovering neat little things on my Playbook. Love it.

Until yesterday I never realised you can move between the icon sets/tabs on the main screen by just moving moving the screen left or right! (like you would on an iphone of iPod touch) you just put your finger on the icon tray and move it left and it switches between All, Favourites, Games, Media etc. I found this purely by accident - I missed a bezel swipe for some reason and I moved the screen instead!! Whoa!
    I noticed that if you do use the second screen, a third will be added. if you use the third screen, a fourth will be added. If you change your mind, and don't use one screen, it will be removed. If you don't use but one, there will only be one.

Also noticed that if you hold an apps icon till the all blink, move one on top of another, an option to create a folder will appear.

pretty nifty stuff.
    jivegirl14 and Kerrstar like this.
    01-14-12 12:21 AM
    Current limitations? audio?

Bluetooth file/s transfer to another BB phone and other brands devices [laptop, Android phone/tablet, Macbook, etc.]. You know through a simple old fashion BT process.

I know you can do it thru Wi-Fi for file transfer, but what happen if you want to transfer to your friends/relatives phones, Android tablet while we're not in a Wi-Fi connected environment?

Isn't that supposed to be one of the BT features all along? Another reason I ditched & stop using my iphone 3G/3GS, because of the incapable BT file transfer [I'm aware, I can do it if I 'jailbreak' the iphone... blah... blah]. I'm back using a BB handset again and very happy with it, gave the 3G/3GS to my nieces so they can play Angry Birds, other games, MP3 and light browsing thru Wi-Fi.

I'm using the PB beta OS v2.0.0.6149 beta and yes, I already tried the A2DP, it's ok but it's still compressed and degrade the sound quality, prefer a hardwired with 1/8" jack.

I really hope the official version 2.0 from RIM includes the BT file transfer. I really like the PlayBook compares to the other tablets in the market [please, don't start me with the iCrap, had it & done with it ].
    Last edited by B_Berry; 01-14-12 at 12:16 PM.
    01-14-12 11:11 AM
    Hi there! A new PB user here...

I have read posts here from people complaining about Playbooks PDF reader having problems with opening some files. I've come across this problem and found a simple solution that works for me so far. I tried using a Primo PDF creating software on my pc and it seems to encode the file in a way that lets PB open it. Primo PDF installs in the system as a printer and prints to a pdf file. All you need is to open the file on your PC reader, print it to Primo PDF and save as a new file.

Note that for some reason Primo PDF may be treated as suspicious by anti virus software. If you are not sure abut it, there are other similar programs that would probably do the job...
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    01-15-12 06:35 PM
    www.youtube.com/sushistewpb

hope it helps someone
    ccdawg and mike in nc like this.
    01-15-12 08:28 PM
    Great tips, I just got playbook and I hope this will help me.
    01-16-12 08:52 AM
    Hi there! A new PB user here...

I have read posts here from people complaining about Playbooks PDF reader having problems with opening some files. I've come across this problem and found a simple solution that works for me so far. I tried using a Primo PDF creating software on my pc and it seems to encode the file in a way that lets PB open it. Primo PDF installs in the system as a printer and prints to a pdf file. All you need is to open the file on your PC reader, print it to Primo PDF and save as a new file.

Note that for some reason Primo PDF may be treated as suspicious by anti virus software. If you are not sure abut it, there are other similar programs that would probably do the job...

Thanks, might try it. Tried Calibre, but was complicated and didn't work well for me.
    Additionally, I found that "go books" (an android app) reads all kinds of books with ease.
    01-16-12 01:42 PM
    I just received my new playbook and love it. I do have a couple of questions. First what would be considered normal battery rate drop with light use? Just web browsing and no other apps running. Second would be about battery guru. How do you access the csv export files? Am I missing something? I really enjoy my new �toy� as my wife calls it. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Getting really excited for 2.0.
    01-16-12 03:55 PM
    See THIS THREAD for a 'simple' media streamer that will let your playbook browse select filesystems and play back the files within them.

Paul
    [/blatent self promotion]
    01-17-12 09:20 AM
    For Android phone owners who have a Playbook, these 2 free Android apps are indispensable -
    WiFi File Explorer allows you to see all the contents on your phone, download/upload files between devices, as well as stream media on your phone directly to your Playbook all using the Playbook web browser. Simply activate the app on your Android phone, and follow the instructions it gives for your Playbook browser.

ES File Explorer is a monstrously fully functional file manager that you can use in LAN mode while connected with your phone's mobile hotspot to send/receive files between your phone and PB. The difference between this and the first app is that you use this UI from your phone, whereas WiFi File Explorer's UI is accessed on your Playbook. Better yet, the developer already has this app waiting in the wings for OS2 on the PB, hopefully still free!

Note that both apps require your android phone to be set as a mobile hotspot but the beauty of them is that you can turn off your carrier's data so the connection is purely between the two devices, not being sent over the internet, therefore not using your monthly data plan. It's also faster than Bluetooth.

If you're like me and buy phones that take MicroSD cards, you can store more stuff on that and have fast and ready access to it from your PB, virtually expanding the storage capability of your PB. You'll never have to pay for anything higher than a 16GB tablet and you can take that MicroSD card from phone to phone for years.
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    01-18-12 08:28 AM
    Where is Adobe? Are you listening? "Your PDF Reader for PB is so very bad. Please fix it ASAP!"
    01-20-12 08:11 AM
    hi m a newbie, i have questions 1. is there any way to open a link in new tab ? like in comp or bb 9900 right click on link and than open in new tab.... this would be a great help while searching on google. 2. i am from pakistan and app world doesnt work here msg appears app world is not available in ur country. is there any way to crack to app world on pb ?
    01-20-12 11:59 AM
    hi m a newbie, i have questions 1. is there any way to open a link in new tab ? like in comp or bb 9900 right click on link and than open in new tab.... this would be a great help while searching on google. 2. i am from pakistan and app world doesnt work here msg appears app world is not available in ur country. is there any way to crack to app world on pb ?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DEj0lAiqC8&feature=g-upl&context=G2dc01d1AUAAAAAAADAA[/YT]
    nieedo3 and pcwilliams like this.
    01-20-12 04:08 PM
    How to restore your BlackBerry PlayBook OS to the current version (v1.0.xx) if you�ve installed the Developer Beta OS (v2.xx)

How to restore your BlackBerry PlayBook OS to the current version (v1.0.7) if you’ve installed the Developer Beta OS (v2.0) �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    01-20-12 08:48 PM
    i tried this but didnt workout ....

can u please tell me where i can download free apps for PB like file explorer or my file explorer?
    01-21-12 10:49 AM
    hi guys, i have been trying to install a APP on PB from PC but unable to do it..can anyone please guide me how can i install APP on PB from PC ?
    rcoff512 likes this.
    01-21-12 11:50 AM
    It says download from PB. This is likely to be a beta issue, for me anyway. Can't tell what version you're running.
    01-21-12 07:52 PM
    Highly recommended!! not only for convenience, and to use as an alarm clock but also to save wear and tear on the USB connector.

It is likely to be charged at all times with this, so you don't have to use the playbook with the USB connector plugged in because the charge is low - not only is that awkward, but it is easy to damage the USB connector accidentally by accidentally dropping or tweaking the cable...then you are in bad shape especially because there will be no way to charge it or connect to the desktop - this is the Achilles heal.

rapid chargers have been spotted in the wild for $13 or so, retail is what $60? Get em while you can.

If you have problems with the charger, it could be the charger end of the connector as well or both - it takes two connectors to make a connection the USB port is fragile and subject to strong torque from the cable - so getting the cradle is a good investment. If you're talking about usb try a different charger like a phone charger - or the USB cable to your PC and see if it seats better, as a test to see which end it is...a new charger is cheaper than a new playbook.

sometimes dirt or oxidation causes connector problems in which case look here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ms-try-652183/

Regarding batteries:

just got me a charging pod, now i gotta get one for my torch.

lovin my playbook
    01-21-12 08:35 PM
    i tried this but didnt workout ....

can u please tell me where i can download free apps for PB like file explorer or my file explorer?
    i still got it for me, there are many free on appworld, we just gotta get that for ya.

try using port 80 and a usa proxy then connect to wifi.

if this still wont work there is another thread using a vpn to access USA appworld.
    nieedo3 likes this.
    01-21-12 08:39 PM
    to open a link in a new tab simply hold your finger on the screen over the link and an options bar will open......just like cut and paste
    nieedo3 likes this.
    01-22-12 01:13 AM
    swipe down from the top and you will see a spoked wheel at the left upper corner. click on that and it will bring up the toggle for switching to degrees.

Hi,
    I was just wondering if there is an option in the included weather app (accuweather) to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius ? I'm so used to seeing degrees in C. But I can't seem to find the option to change it in the apps. Thank you.
    Last edited by Kerrstar; 01-22-12 at 10:22 AM.
    01-22-12 09:00 AM
    i still got it for me, there are many free on appworld, we just gotta get that for ya.

try using port 80 and a usa proxy then connect to wifi.

if this still wont work there is another thread using a vpn to access USA appworld.

i tried this but unable to download any app msg appears 0003-0005, i also tried configuring vpn, but i simply have user id and pass but in pb setting gateway mombo jombo..... still stuck
    01-22-12 12:53 PM

i tried this but unable to download any app msg appears 0003-0005, i also tried configuring vpn, but i simply have user id and pass but in pb setting gateway mombo jombo..... still stuck
    have you tried a canadian proxy? or uk?
    01-22-12 03:41 PM
    Just got the 64GB Playbook because I couldn't resist the price even though I already have a Galaxy Tab. I have a few questions and would appreciate help.

1) What's the best transparent protective screen for the Playbook? (I live in Canada.)

2) Is there a URL shortener? Right now, unless there's a twitter, email, or facebook button on a website, there's no way to send a link of a web page. I tweet a lot.

3) The camera's shooting in 1280x720 resolution, whereas, according to the marketing hype, it's supposed to be 1080p. Is there a way to adjust the video? I've found nothing. Not that the 1280x720 isn't great. In fact, the best thing about the Playbook is the camera and screen resolution.

4) Is the zoom on the camera optical or digital?

5) Why is the manual so uninformative and lacking in detailed explanations?

6) Why are the Playbook's accessories so expensive given their truly shoddy quality? I've opted for a third-party case. What's the mark up? 5000%?
    01-24-12 10:45 AM
365 ... 678910 ...