Hello,

I am considering purchasing a playbook, and I have the following questions. Is each and every application that I can download in BB World for my Smartphone (Tour) also available for the Playbook, or is the playbook limited to specific apps? If not, will those apps be accessible on the Playbook via BB Bridge? Thank you.
    01-10-12 03:54 PM
    "Each and every app" - no. Many, yes. Some for a single purchase price, as well (this is up to the dev when they submit it to AppWorld). PlayBook is a completely separate API. Any app made for BB would need to be ported to PlayBook by the dev. Thankfully, more devs are doing this.

Only specific RIM apps (calendar, contacts, tasks, memo pad, BBM, Messages, and Bridge browser/file browser) are available via Bridge.

OS 2 is bringing native email, calendar, contacts, BlackBerry Remote (control your PB from your BB!), and many other enhancements. Check out the video walkthroughs from CES on the CrackBerry front page today! It's full of awesome! Then go buy your PlayBook.

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-10-12 04:04 PM
    they are different apps. but many of the ones I have on my phone I have found for the pb. not all the apps I have on my phone need to be on my pb as they are for my phone. bbm and email are pretty much the only bridged apps I know of that work. looking forward to having the new ver with email and contacts on the pb
    Bob31464 likes this.
    01-10-12 04:05 PM
    When BBOS10 comes out, it might be possible to write the app once and have it deploy on all models. I am guessing but I am hoping so for us and for the Dev's
    01-10-12 04:18 PM
    When BBOS10 comes out, it might be possible to write the app once and have it deploy on all models. I am guessing but I am hoping so for us and for the Dev's
    This is exactly the intent, aside (obviously) from things that depend on hardware support that may be on only certain models of device (e.g. NFC).

Aside from UI issues caused by things being too small in some cases, all PlayBook apps produced to date should run fine on the BB10 phones when they're out.

(Call it 99.8%... there are always corner cases.)
    01-10-12 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD