I just got my Playbook this morning. I'm looking all over the forums but can't find the answers I need. I tried to open the bridge browser (I'm assuming this is how I have to browse without wifi). It tells me that I need a tethering plan and it's checking my mobile device. I was under the impression I wouldn't need a tethering plan to use the browser when bridge was being used.

I'm also running the OS that it came with. I see Android apps running on OS 2 beta, is that the only way to run them currently?

TIA
    10-26-11 01:04 PM
    ATT will require a tethering plan. The solution is to delete the Bridge App on your phone. Reboot. Then go here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-6-5-a-621230/ and download the OTA Bridge. This avoids the ATT mess. Be careful with data usage and all should be fine.
    emilyjean05 likes this.
    10-26-11 01:18 PM
    Just what I was looking for!
    10-26-11 01:22 PM
    I just checked & I did have the newest version on my phone. I'm deleting, rebooting and trying again.
    10-26-11 01:25 PM
    They are both the same version numbers, but the one from app world is doctored for att.
    10-26-11 01:35 PM
    Please do not listen to all the negative talk on this board emilyjean05! I am sure you will enjoy your Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    10-26-11 01:56 PM
    I just checked & I did have the newest version on my phone. I'm deleting, rebooting and trying again.
    What mrbjr said is right. The official version is doctored. Load the OTA and all should be well. Works that way for me, ATT and PB/9800.
    10-26-11 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD