Hey guys

I am brand new to the playbook-world (and blackberry itself ) I received my playbook yesterday and ... wow - what a awesome device

I searched alot in the internet but still not sure about that sideloading, hacking, rooting etc...

So my simple question is:

I want to install android apps on my playbook - do i have to root it? and is this possible with the latest update installed?
    04-12-12 04:26 AM
    You do not have to root to sideload Android apps. Visit the Apps and Games section of this forum and dig into the stickies in Android Side-Loading

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-12-12 04:32 AM
    First you should learn all about your device before side loading, rooting, or breaking it. A little knowledge is dangerous.
    Congrats on your device and Welcome.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-12-12 05:31 AM
    First you should learn all about your device before side loading, rooting, or breaking it. A little knowledge is dangerous.
    Congrats on your device and Welcome.
    How rude of me! I forgot to welcome you to the Playbook users club and Crackberry.
    04-12-12 05:53 AM
    thanks! :-)

another important question:

Is it possible to link the playbook and a handy via bluetooth to (for example) accept incming calls etc.?
    (Handy = no blackberry handy)
    04-12-12 06:06 AM
    thanks! :-)

another important question:

Is it possible to link the playbook and a handy via bluetooth to (for example) accept incming calls etc.?
    (Handy = no blackberry handy)
    Not possible even if you did have a BB phone. Your PB will not accept calls, only thing it can do in that manner, is if you have a BB phone it will show you on screen who's calling while bridged and allow you to mute the ringer.
    04-12-12 06:24 AM
    I am brand new to the playbook-world (and blackberry itself. I received my playbook yesterday and ... wow - what a awesome device.

I want to install android apps on my playbook - do i have to root it? and is this possible with the latest update installed?
    Why did you buy a BlackBerry PlayBook if you want to run Google Andriod applications and root the tablet? Even the DingleBerry developers have given up their quest. The sooner Research In Motion removes the BlackBerry Android Player subsystem the better.

And do not bother posting mindless drivel about the BlackBerry PlayBook sucking because you cannot run your favorite du jour Google Android application.
    erhan8 likes this.
    04-12-12 08:01 AM
    I don't bought it - i'm a developer and get it for free. ;-)

I am really impressed by this device, just wanna know what is "possible and what is not" - so relax. :=)

one (last i guess) question:
    the message and the facebook application are running strange on my book. (from the start)

kind of laggie, displaying delay etc. is that normal? (Cause of everything runs smooth as )
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-13-12 02:15 AM
    I don't bought it - i'm a developer and get it for free. ;-)
    I am really impressed by this device, just wanna know what is "possible and what is not" - so relax. :=)
    one (last i guess) question:
    the message and the facebook application are running strange on my book. (from the start)
    kind of laggie, displaying delay etc. is that normal? (Cause of everything runs smooth as )
    Yep, some infusion needed
    Welcome abord.
    For your FB app issue, I suggest it may depend of your wifi connectivity. Plus, I must confess that the app itself is not ;;; hum ;;; very polished. So that I usually go straight to the web site with the browser: much better experience IMHO.
    04-13-12 03:28 AM
    hmm thats sad, but ok

thanks for the answer
    04-13-12 04:32 AM
    Hey guys

I am brand new to the playbook-world (and blackberry itself ) I received my playbook yesterday and ... wow - what a awesome device

I searched alot in the internet but still not sure about that sideloading, hacking, rooting etc...

So my simple question is:

Well believe it or not, you have come to the right place, tho rooting is not possible with the new official 2.0 os, sideloading is possible for now. You are correct, the PB is an awesome device, but a BlackBerry phone will make it even more awesome, you should consider picking up one, or at least get a cheaper used one in the CrackBerry Marketplace or on ebay just to try out the bridging experience. Good luck and welcome to CB.
    04-13-12 06:07 AM
    hmm thats sad, but ok

thanks for the answer
    Don't be sad...go to the web, that's the awesomeness of PB!
    04-13-12 07:20 AM
    Nubuu Welcome. As a developer, how about getting Mint.Com to run on the PB. We are all waiting.
    04-13-12 07:25 AM
    I said I bought my PB to run Android apps too...got ask the same question.

I meant, Android Apps were going to be available and could fill the gaps until there are native apps. I know what I bought.

I found out it is pretty good already. It is getting better everyday.

But it does seem to me if you're a developer you're a bit behind...
    04-13-12 07:28 AM
    You do not have to root to sideload Android apps. Visit the Apps and Games section of this forum and dig into the stickies in Android Side-Loading

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/
    Well said, just continue helping us newbies. thank you.
    04-13-12 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD