I've looked all over the Web but can't find the answer to this anywhere! I've been able to watch itv iplayer until 2 weeks ago when it started to redirect me to an itv mobile site ITV Apps for iOS - ITV Mobile - ITV. This happened after I had cleared my entire cache/cookies/local storage for the first time but this may just be a coincidence.
    I've also got javascript enabled which I know can sometimes be the problem.
    Any help please? Thanks
    06-26-13 08:39 AM
    See if anyone else has ideas.

I don't know but clearing cookies might have removed something that identified the pb as a FULL browser. You might want to consider some of the 3rd party Browsers where you can set the USER AGENT - that is tell that site you are using Firefox or IE or something else rather than a mobile device?
    reecy2013 likes this.
    06-26-13 08:53 AM
    Hmmm.... I think the problem is bigger than I thought . I can't install IE, firefox or chrome. My playbook thinks it's a mobile, what have I done?!
    Is there any way of fixing this?
    06-26-13 10:26 AM
    I'm getting confused.

Web sites can use a "string" that a device (pc, mac, macbook, cellphone, etc) sends to the web site to determine the nature of the device. That way it can scale what it sends for the device's screen size or other functions (mouse for drop downs, stuff like that). Occasionally, a site may change its detection methods and suddenly realizes that the pb is a tablet and not a full computer. It will therefore, change its interaction.

The pb's native browser only send that one string, whatever it it. But some 3rd party (free or paid) browsers for the pb allow you to "lie" to the site and say you are a pc using Firefox or IE. The site then sends full data and screen.

Whether that site changed its detection methods or whether you cleaning cache, etc caused the change, I don't know.

Maybe someone else who used the site will get into this thread and help.
    reecy2013 likes this.
    06-26-13 12:23 PM
    I've never used the itv site on my PlayBook before, but I was redirected straight to the mobile apps Page as well. Your best bet is to download Origami from here (http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...elease-809048/) it allows you to access websites as if you were using a proper pc (as F2 explained above) I've just tested it and watched some pokemon without any problems!
    06-26-13 01:00 PM
    Ah I see what you mean. So its not my pb thinking it's a mobile, its the website realising the pb is not a pc. Gotcha. Thanks for taking the trouble to put it in way I finally understand. Still new to this.
    How do I install firefox? After its downloaded it won't install, just comes up with 'unable to find default application' same goes for chrome. Cheers
    06-26-13 01:22 PM
    Will try that now xanderten, thanks
    06-26-13 01:26 PM