hello, after weeks of reading the forums here I've just ordered a playbook for my wife's christmas present. she is a blackberry fan and the price is fantastic at the moment.
    11-09-13 05:17 PM
    hello, after weeks of reading the forums here I've just ordered a playbook for my wife's christmas present. she is a blackberry fan and the price is fantastic at the moment.
    Hope she understands exactly what she's getting, a Broswer, Photo Display, Video and ummm..... That's about it. Zero apps.
    11-09-13 05:44 PM
    Got 2 and use them daily and believe me, I have alot of android device choices. Speakers still blows me away. Be sure and get a rapid charger for her stocking stuffer. Accessories are also cheap.
    11-09-13 06:03 PM
    Hope she understands exactly what she's getting, a Broswer, Photo Display, Video and ummm..... That's about it. Zero apps.
    You must have gotten one of those defective ones. My Playbook can do a lot more than that.
    11-09-13 06:24 PM
    My PlayBook is still used every day - although my Z10 is starting to take over a bit. Depending on what your wife expects, she should be happy with it. If she's a BlackBerry fan she'll love it. I still love mine despite all the negativity. Let's be honest - it's tech that's a few years old but still holds up for general use.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    11-09-13 06:32 PM
    Welcome to the forum. I hope she enjoys her PB. I got two and enjoy them everyday and still not wondering for another tablet. For the price you can't do any better. But you will read otherwise from someone else. Just tell your wife to stay away from certain multiple personality leprechaun. He tend to hijack your threads and muttering non sense.
    11-09-13 06:52 PM
    Nice gift for sure! I had three playbooks but ended up selling one as I only have two hands! Seriously use one of them on a nightly basis. You might want to find the charger with the magnetic connector as they are well worth it but may be hard to find! I have one for each. Also bought the pod style one and keep that one at the office as a back up. I use the original playbook charger for my Q10

Q10 running10.2.1.641 leak and loving it!
    11-09-13 08:42 PM
    Still people out there who think it can't do email...?

Posted via CB10
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    11-09-13 11:28 PM
    Hmmm lets see...as of May 2012 there were 99,500 total apps in AppWorld and 25% were just for the PlayBook. Nope it doesn't do a damn thing.

Dude Milo might I suggest you upgrade to i-Pilot:

i-Pilot | Accessories | Products | Minn Kota Motors

I understand it helps trolling quit a bit.
    Last edited by Zildjian71; 11-11-13 at 01:38 AM.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    11-09-13 11:51 PM
    Well I have had the tablet a week.
    I need some suggestions for apps as there really doesn't seem to be many decent free ones around and what are are hard to find. I feel blackberry app world lacking but I can live with that for a decent machine like the play book, however....
    My main concern is the machine is a bloody nightmare to connect, wi fi to my pc won't work, cant transfer files to it via bluetooth, usb backs up but won't transfer pictures.
    The only way I can get pics on it is to upload to dropbox and download them one by one to the playbook. There's no way I can do this with video content.
    Bit useless really. At least my wife will have a nice tablet for browsing the net and thats about it
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-22-13 02:26 PM
    Have you looked at the Help which should be available on your playbook screen? Under Connections you will find a list of things you do to accomplish file sharing. Are you saying this doesn't work? There are many other things you can find undef Help.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-22-13 02:51 PM
    Hi Chris and welcome to the asylum. I have eight playbooks and your wife will be just as pleased with her new playbook as I am with mine even after all this time. As a precaution I would advise against taking any notice of the cat or the grape. They are undertaking therapy and cannot be trusted mentally. Any problems you have with your playbook and need advice on just ask on this forum and you will be helped by a number of members, unless your me of course and then I get no help but that's another story........ Once again welcome Chris.........
    11-22-13 03:11 PM
    Hey! Thanks for the warning, and welcome to CrackBerry!
    11-22-13 03:13 PM
    Ooooooppppppssss I'm gone.........
    11-22-13 03:16 PM
    I need some suggestions for apps as there really doesn't seem to be many decent free ones around and what are are hard to find. I feel blackberry app world lacking but I can live with that for a decent machine like the play book, however....
    My main concern is the machine is a bloody nightmare to connect, wi fi to my pc won't work, cant transfer files to it via bluetooth, usb backs up but won't transfer pictures.
    The only way I can get pics on it is to upload to dropbox and download them one by one to the playbook. There's no way I can do this with video content.
    Bit useless really. At least my wife will have a nice tablet for browsing the net and thats about it
    Okay, what goes wrong with wifi to your pc? What version of Windows? There are two places to tweak for wifi sharing in Settings. There's actually one or two blog posts from a while ago on how to get it operating? Also, what happens with USB connections?

What kind of apps? There's a number of free games. Origami Browser is free and quite good.
    11-22-13 07:58 PM
    Hi Chris, are you using bb desktop on your pc or bb link. I personally prefer link which is easier to use and more stable than desktop. Have you switched on wifi file sharing in the pb settings? It's not a major problem it will just be a setting error somewhere. Let us know what software you are using on your pc and we will help you.
    11-23-13 06:52 AM