I puchased a PB at Office max yesterday for the new $199 sale price. I traded in a 7 year old Celeron laptop and was given a $50 credit.

$149 plus crappy laptop = no brainer.

Now my problem. From first boot I see 2 unlit pixels but only under black screens like the boot up. Every other color looks good. Not a green dot like other dead pixels.

So if I go to exchange it they are now out of stock. They can locate one but that will take a few days and may not happen. I can try and get a refund but then my $50 may be held hostage for a future laptop/tablet purchase. (Kindle Fire is a e-reader per their rules)

So from the huge pixel club.... If I keep this thing will they grow? can someone say... I have had mine for 6 months and the 2 dots still look the same and can only been seen in certain conditions?

Thank you.
    11-21-11 12:53 PM
    I puchased a PB at Office max yesterday for the new $199 sale price. I traded in a 7 year old Celeron laptop and was given a $50 credit.

$149 plus crappy laptop = no brainer.

Now my problem. From first boot I see 2 unlit pixels but only under black screens like the boot up. Every other color looks good. Not a green dot like other dead pixels.

So if I go to exchange it they are now out of stock. They can locate one but that will take a few days and may not happen. I can try and get a refund but then my $50 may be held hostage for a future laptop/tablet purchase. (Kindle Fire is a e-reader per their rules)

So from the huge pixel club.... If I keep this thing will they grow? can someone say... I have had mine for 6 months and the 2 dots still look the same and can only been seen in certain conditions?

Thank you.
    no. it is unlikely the number of pixels will grow (but possible). it is as much likely that they will disappear with time (also very small chance) as it looks like you have stuck (not dead) pixels.

here is a thread on stuck dead pixels that was posted a few hours ago for your reference:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-again-671729/
    11-21-11 01:33 PM
    They are in the process of locating another PB. It may not be found or may come in with the same issue. So... I will see.

This location I was told by the store manager will no longer carry the PB. Other locations will still carry them.
    11-21-11 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD