Anyone know anything about the new video service Blackberry is going to be releasing with the new update in February? I would like to get a Playbook, but one of the big things I've read about is it's not the easiest to get movies on it. Just wondering if these videos are purchased or rented for the Playbook, if they will only be able to play on it or you will have the option to watch on other devices such as a computer and transfer back and forth between a Playbook and PC?
    01-18-12 07:29 PM
    01-18-12 07:34 PM
    As far as I know it's USA only at first. beyond that I don't know.
    01-18-12 07:34 PM
    the great canadian company goes south first. bummer.

i know, economies of scale, licensing, distro deals and all but total bummer.

although, until they stop paying will smith 20 million to act in a movie it cost 200 million to make. i download at other places. really, 20 million for a few months "work", not me baby. no entertainer or production company is worth that, to me.

want to spend 200 making a 2 hour movie? how about raising min wage, or paying my sons teacher more. why in all that is good does a person who dedicates their lives to educating our youth get paid less than the caterer for a hollywood film?

say no to hollywood. well with your wallet anyway.
    TinRobot and sdk1 like this.
    01-18-12 10:30 PM
    with ur theory we should just quit watching sports as well, in any industry the most talented are the highest paid. im sure at one time will smith was makimg min wage as well
    01-18-12 10:51 PM
    with ur theory we should just quit watching sports as well, in any industry the most talented are the highest paid. im sure at one time will smith was makimg min wage as well

No. For me sports is the same thing. Way overpaid to entertain. I like sports but I don't think its worth 180 per seat to see a hockey game

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-18-12 11:05 PM
    he was in debt throughout the fresh prince.
    01-18-12 11:22 PM
    is there something im missing?

i have no problem watching drag and dropped movies that i downloaded from my pc.

i mean if anything ya can use Any Video Converter.
    greeneriko likes this.
    01-18-12 11:25 PM
    is there something im missing?

i have no problem watching drag and dropped movies that i downloaded from my pc.

i mean if anything ya can use Any Video Converter.

Now this I totally agree with.
    01-19-12 10:30 AM
    I don't watch movies on my device or PB, but if I did, this would be the way to go.
    I'd really rather watch them on the big screen...
    01-19-12 10:45 AM
    The Playbook is one of the easier devices to get media on. I'm not sure where you/he got the Playbook was hard to get movies on.

You literally drag and drop...
    01-19-12 11:06 AM
    The Playbook is one of the easier devices to get media on. I'm not sure where you/he got the Playbook was hard to get movies on.

You literally drag and drop...
    I think the OP may mean streaming movies a la Netflix, not copying video files to the PB. Of course, one can stream movies from Amazon Prime, but for all I know the OP is Canadian or from somewhere else outside of the U.S. where Amazon Prime is unavailable.
    01-19-12 11:11 AM
    I think the OP may mean streaming movies a la Netflix, not copying video files to the PB. Of course, one can stream movies from Amazon Prime, but for all I know the OP is Canadian or from somewhere else outside of the U.S. where Amazon Prime is unavailable.
    You're probably right, but he did say "on it", not "to it". =P

Regardless, there are lots of threads discussing streaming/content options. I suggest the OP does a search.
    01-19-12 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD