as i browse through some of the threads here, I'm sensing a lot of disgruntled owners! making me think twice haha.
    Don't! It's normal for people with problems to come on here seeking help or just to rant! There is a silent happy majority out there!
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    09-27-11 05:08 PM
    as i browse through some of the threads here, I'm sensing a lot of disgruntled owners! making me think twice haha.
    The transition has taken longer than RIM and QNX planned. So some are a bit disgruntled as you say. The way I look at it is that its something I like using and I enjoy watching it progress along. Some of RIM's decisions we unpopular like not approving IM+ app but looks like in a month we should have the 2.0 OS. This is good since once RIM has the BIG programming outta the way they can get to work on missing features/bug fixes etc.

They probably should have waited but I do get a lot of use from mine.
    09-27-11 05:18 PM
    As some would say - if you've done your research then you know what you've purchased. If you have not completed your research or asked your questions, do so quickly to make up your mind firmly.
    09-27-11 05:50 PM
    Picked up a PlaayBook today at Staples for $349 + $30 tax. Good price but would have been better at $199 after rebate. However, liking it thus far. Am I correct in assuming that the font size cannort be changed? I believe it would have been the perfect tablet with half the size of the boarder and more screen, maybe 8 inches.
    09-27-11 06:15 PM
    yeah, that is how i'm doing it now, but i rather the power button be more accessible because that is how i do it on my other tablets. kind of my universal way of putting tablets to sleep but i guess i'm going to have to make the adjustment.

just pressing the power button is easier. now if i'm in the browser i have to swipe up to go home, hit battery icon then hit suspend. what can i say, i'm lazy

i wish it had a sleep gesture but i guess the designers thought we'd be accidentally putting it to sleep all the time.
    And here is an example of how the PB was slammed in some early reviews: People stuck in their old habits are unable to recognize the superiority and simplicity of the PB UI. I daresay that turning the PB off (which you never really need to do), standby and restart can be enabled faster than any other device on the market. Flick, tap, tap. Litterally that fast.
    09-27-11 06:29 PM
    Picked up a PlaayBook today at Staples for $349 + $30 tax. Good price but would have been better at $199 after rebate. However, liking it thus far. Am I correct in assuming that the font size cannort be changed? I believe it would have been the perfect tablet with half the size of the boarder and more screen, maybe 8 inches.
    The bezel is active. Double tap screen to expand text fields.

The bezel scrolling is one of the coolest things of any tablet OS available.

I paid full retail in May. Lovin' my PB.
    09-27-11 06:33 PM
    There have been numerous polls that show the vast majority of owners love their PB. The whiners post in disproportionate amounts.
    09-27-11 06:39 PM
    i see your loyalty and i'm not hating so don't take it the wrong way. i've yet to draw my conclusion to the PB thus far. waking it up is one thing and i love the swipe across the screen to wake it up. but putting it to sleep, let's be honest here... simply tapping the power button is a better option than "Flick, tap, tap"

now a two finger gesture to put to sleep as someone mentioned earlier would be the best option ever.
    09-27-11 06:42 PM
    something weird i noticed and tell me if this is normal. when i'm on a web page with a flash ad and i want to scroll up or down but make contact with the flash ad the PB doesn't recognize me swiping, it just automatically opens the popup window. ANNOYS THE SH1T out of me. my solution so far is to scroll with the left hand as most ads are on the right side of a page.
    Learn to bezel scroll. Place your finger/thumb on the screen and then slide it to the bezel. The first quarter inch/3-4mms allows you to scroll. Great way to keep down the fingerprints.
    09-27-11 07:00 PM
    Learn to bezel scroll. Place your finger/thumb on the screen and then slide it to the bezel. The first quarter inch/3-4mms allows you to scroll. Great way to keep down the fingerprints.
    haha, thanks. that was driving me insane last night, was about to throw the PB off the balcony! i'll have to get used to the active bezel, definitely a nice feature.
    09-27-11 07:05 PM
    i see your loyalty and i'm not hating so don't take it the wrong way. i've yet to draw my conclusion to the PB thus far. waking it up is one thing and i love the swipe across the screen to wake it up. but putting it to sleep, let's be honest here... simply tapping the power button is a better option than "Flick, tap, tap"

now a two finger gesture to put to sleep as someone mentioned earlier would be the best option ever.
    You don't seem to understand, no one turns their PB off. The flick, tap, tap (or tap, tap if you're on the home screen) is very efficient. The PB UI is the most advanced UI on the market as you will learn. The power button is vestigial as the UI makes it almost obsolete.
    09-27-11 07:08 PM
    OMG...I have had the PB since launch and you just schooled me... I love these forums.
    09-27-11 07:34 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD