Hi Everyone,

RIM Change Logs suck monkey's a$$ and we all know every update brings tons of little changes, improvements and sometimes bugs that are not told to us officially by RIM but we slowly find them and report them.

With every update we get at least 10 different threads with findings and questions, etc. Not a single one of them has a good overview of what it brings and if it does, it's buried deep inside the thread so people have to read pages and pages of useless posts to try and fish any kind of usefull information. This is the main reason we get so many threads, people cant find the info they are looking for...

I mean, just look at the main thread for 1.0.7 (the one linked from the main page blog article), what's the first post? ".................."

We are a big community here with tons of very helpfull people, we need to get organized! Mods, please help, we can have volunteers to open a good thread for each release and then as people post inside summarize within the first post with a good structure (New Features, Side Fixes, Bugs, Notes, Etc.)

I work 14 hours a day so I don't have much time for this but I am sure there is a lot of people in this community more than willing to do it.

How do we do it? Someone who is willing to takle this task please create a good summary of changes found so far for 1.0.7, with a link to that manual someone found, etc. Create a new thread and then MODs, please merge all the 1.0.7 threads inside that one.

What do you guys think? can we get organized here?
    Last edited by Lumute; 07-19-11 at 09:37 AM.
    CurtJ and doug1010 like this.
    07-19-11 09:35 AM
    The biggest thing this OS update did so far was to break my BlackBerry News app. It does not start any more.

It does, however, improve a few little things. I had listed a few things hat I would like to see improved and only three out of nine were included in this new update.
    07-19-11 11:34 AM
    The biggest thing this OS update did so far was to break my BlackBerry News app. It does not start any more.
    Just a quick note. BlackBerry News is working fine for me. Have you restarted after the update?
    07-19-11 11:40 AM
    Just a quick note. BlackBerry News is working fine for me. Have you restarted after the update?
    Yes, I did. Maybe I will just re-restart. Will report back.

EDIT: Still not working.
    Last edited by BBWatchCA; 07-19-11 at 12:01 PM.
    07-19-11 11:54 AM
    Try deleting app restarting then downloading again. Mine works as well.
    07-19-11 12:17 PM
    This will work the green circle of death has happened to me twice if you delete it reinstall the app it will work like new. For some reason the app eventually seems to get overloaded.

Also, after my update my GPS started working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 12:21 PM
    Hi Everyone,

RIM Change Logs suck monkey's a$$ and we all know every update brings tons of little changes, improvements and sometimes bugs that are not told to us officially by RIM but we slowly find them and report them.

With every update we get at least 10 different threads with findings and questions, etc. Not a single one of them has a good overview of what it brings and if it does, it's buried deep inside the thread so people have to read pages and pages of useless posts to try and fish any kind of usefull information. This is the main reason we get so many threads, people cant find the info they are looking for...

I mean, just look at the main thread for 1.0.7 (the one linked from the main page blog article), what's the first post? ".................."

We are a big community here with tons of very helpfull people, we need to get organized! Mods, please help, we can have volunteers to open a good thread for each release and then as people post inside summarize within the first post with a good structure (New Features, Side Fixes, Bugs, Notes, Etc.)

I work 14 hours a day so I don't have much time for this but I am sure there is a lot of people in this community more than willing to do it.

How do we do it? Someone who is willing to takle this task please create a good summary of changes found so far for 1.0.7, with a link to that manual someone found, etc. Create a new thread and then MODs, please merge all the 1.0.7 threads inside that one.

What do you guys think? can we get organized here?
    Its a good idea. If you are a veteran beta leak updater, you will be familiar with the scattershot information that follows each new phone OS release. Being as there is only one Playbook right now, it might be doable.

One oddity following upgrade is that while Blackberry Bridge apps appear on the "All" screen, and seem to be working fine, the "Blackberry Bridge" screen is empty, and I can't copy the Bridge apps from the "All" screen to the "Blackberry Bridge" screen.
    07-19-11 12:29 PM
    You can delete apps without getting a stupid update notification. I am sorry but that alone is going to eliminate a dozen or so NEW threads on this forum alone. I am sure the servers, admins and moderators would be happy about that.

You can delete a saved VPN connection.

You can delete a saved wifi connection. It is great not seeing the Home Depot, Wegmans, Staples, etc saved connections.
    07-19-11 12:35 PM
    I really hate the way each update of my 9650 results in s step backwards on some apps, functionality or the need to wipe, reload or otherwise deal with them. Updating is always an anxious process.

I really had hoped PB would be different, but it seems it is not???
    07-19-11 12:35 PM
    You can delete apps without getting a stupid update notification. I am sorry but that alone is going to eliminate a dozen or so NEW threads on this forum alone. I am sure the servers, admins and moderators would be happy about that.

You can delete a saved VPN connection.

You can delete a saved wifi connection. It is great not seeing the Home Depot, Wegmans, Staples, etc saved connections.

Oh an I can have my wifi turned on AND my Airplane Mode on at the same time.
    07-19-11 12:37 PM
    It looks like they fixed that bug where i get notifications to update apps which I have already updated. All of those notifications no longer appear
    07-19-11 12:42 PM
    Thanks. After I reinstalled it, it is working now.
    07-19-11 01:19 PM
    Perhaps something was improved with the running of Javascript. Prior to this release, the apps The Province, The Gazette, and the Vancouver Sun, would load, but would show a Javascript error upon loading. You would simply click the error message a few times and it would go away and the app would continue to load and then run.

Now, when I click on these apps, I receive no Javascript error messages; hence my supposition that perhaps something was improved in the way the Playbook handles Java.
    07-19-11 01:53 PM
    I really hate the way each update of my 9650 results in s step backwards on some apps, functionality or the need to wipe, reload or otherwise deal with them. Updating is always an anxious process.

I really had hoped PB would be different, but it seems it is not???
    Can't recall RIM ever pulling an update for the 9650, did they really just pull the PB update?
    07-19-11 02:24 PM
    Lol, no no no, guys, the whole idea of this thread was to discuss getting organized in general and finding a way to make it easy for people to find info about new releases, not to start discussing specific changes in 1.0.7 or problems with those changes...

I was kind of hoping an initiative from someone to sumarize all those findings into the fist post of a new thread! and MODs to merge all similar threads into that one, and then follow that example and do the same for every release...
    Last edited by Lumute; 07-19-11 at 02:41 PM.
    07-19-11 02:38 PM
    - Fixed issue with lock orientation in portrait (prior it would be hit/miss trying to press the button when in portrait mode)
    -Airplane mode under settings

I'll update this if I see more
    07-19-11 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD