PLAYBOOK HERE WE GO!!!
    Come to daddy!
    Downloading as we speak.
    AWESOME
    06-30-11 09:45 AM
    Can't install til tonight. Please let us know if this one actually does something!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 10:33 AM
    did the desktop update and it caused a problem syncing so am going to do a clean instal of the new desktop rather than update
    06-30-11 11:52 AM
    OK I did a clean instal and so far so good but still doing the initial long first sync.
    Also, it does not auto detect the BB when you usb it to the mac, you have to click the BB icon on the dock to launch it.
    So far it has synced:
    Pictures: OK
    Music: OK
    Calendar: (taking it's time but when I new desktop for mac is used it starts a fresh sync with the sync services and just know that in a moment I will get a warning sync alert saying something like it wants to changes the entries from a General to PROFILE, just so the mac can read them, have had this only when I had a new mac or when I had to reinstall DM for mac)
    STOP! No I did not but did get an alert saying there was 29 calendar sync alerts, so it showed me the each one, one on the mac how it looks and one of the 9780 how it looks and all it was that the text was a little bunched together on the 9780 view so I choose to re sync them with the mac to override the other 28 small issues.
    Same with the NOTES, It wanted to ask if the mac of BB was going to be the over riding one, so I choose again mac as when viewed on the screen side by side it was just that the text on the mac was pasted in a nice clean few paragraphs as the BB was a the same but without a few paragraphs when viewing. It on both of then is the same exact text but one is nicely laid out and the other is slight squashed up with no nice paragraphs, if you know what I mean)
    Anyway all seems good and while you are here I will now try another sync:
    Yes all good to go....HOWEVER I took a note of how many calendar entries I had in pre new DM for mac and had 3080, now I have 3085 (Which always happens to me when I do a brand new sync with a new mac or BB DM, out of experience I know it tend to duplicate a couple of dates going back so will quickly scan on the ical and delete.
    Need a noce Latte then back in the office trying the PLAYBOOK
    06-30-11 01:37 PM
    Just popped up my mac screen on full view and checked out all the last 4 yrs scanning for the top of screen looking for the culprit duplicated ALL DAY EVENTS and checking to see where those pesky duplicates are hiding (I always have this issue when I get a new mac or have to load up a new DM for mac)
    And interestingly I kind of knewish the dates from the last few time and deleted the 5 duplicates BUT I clicked onto them and opened them up and at the bottom in funny text is said PALM>DAT...I think? So It must have been a bad crossover from the days when I had Palm pda's....anyway all working fine now.
    Still going to have that latte and a go with the PB
    06-30-11 01:56 PM
    All good in the hood!
    Synced a few playlists from itunes. loaded up a few photos and videos too and all played and views just GREAT!
    At the moment i cannot see a back up option with it, if you can find it then do let me know.
    Bravo and Thank You RIM and those beta testers.
    06-30-11 04:36 PM
    Not sure if anyone else has had problems, but I synced perfect the first time and now desktop manager opens, I can click on the playlist/movies/etc. I want but the sync button is greyed out and when I click i"import media" the whole thing locks up. I have tried an uninstall and re-install but same thing happens.

Any ideas?
    07-05-11 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD