I just bought one of these adaptors from Logitech (Logitech Wireless Adapter bundle). Now I connect my playbook to my home sound system switch the speaker selection to "Outside Patio" and I listen to my music in booming stereo while I relax sipping a cold beer in the sun. And if I don't like the song I grab my Playbook and select another one or choose a new station from Slacker Radio..... God I love my Playbook!
    07-02-12 08:13 AM
    I just took delivery of the BlackBerry Music Gateway, which appears to do the same thing. I think Belkin makes one as well. Pretty cool. I am amazed by the range of the Playbook's Bluetooth connection.
    07-02-12 09:36 AM
    Grrr... and I just bought a jobsite radio
    07-02-12 11:13 AM
    Actually, now that I think about it my kid can throw the jobsite radio off a roof and it won't break
    07-02-12 11:13 AM
    The Logitech model works very well. I have had one attached to my main stereo for months. The Belkin model has a problem. The bluetooth range is very limited. It can be fixed but you need to take the unit apart to fix the range issue. Monoprice makes a model that is only $20 and can be powered from a regular wall outlet or via USB. The Playbook has been able to stream music via bluetooth since the 2.0 update. Works well with Slacker but if you want to use Pandora you need something like StayOn so the Playbook does not go to sleep and cut off your stream. Happy listening!
    07-02-12 11:55 AM
    The other toy I have in my arsenal is this (iPod iPhone Dock Connector Female to 3.5mm Plug Cable | eBay) it allows me to connect my Playbook or BB smartphone to any of the proprietary Ipod docking devices and play my music on their system. More and more Ghetto blasters and hotel radios are showing up with Ipod docks pushing the Mac toys in everyone's face and I refuse to be snubbed by them, so I carry my cable and adaptor so I can be RIM driven with a smile on my face!
    07-02-12 01:37 PM
    If I can ask a few questions about both the Logitech and the BB Gateway: Well, maybe one question - how many devices can be paired? Could I pair my bbphone AND playbook? Or are they limited to one device at a time?
    07-03-12 08:58 AM
    You can pair up to 6 devices with the gateway. Only one connection at a time though. When you turn it on it will pair with the last used device.
    07-03-12 01:24 PM
    You can pair up to 6 devices with the gateway. Only one connection at a time though. When you turn it on it will pair with the last used device.
    Thanks. That would have to be mail order.
    07-03-12 03:53 PM
    I got the Logitech at a local Radio Shack. It can pair with at least two devices, my pb and my bbphone.

Although, I've read about this issue, it is odd. The bbphone can control the volume of the attached speakers but the pb canNOT control the volume. One more small quirk of the pb!
    07-04-12 08:41 AM
    I finally hooked it up to my receiver rather than the plain pair of computer speakers I had handy. It is really nice sitting there with my pb UNwired and playing music in my living room through the entertainment center. I can use either the pb or my bbphone. With my universal remote I can control the volume when the pb is in charge.

Leaving that area, I do have to remember to "disengage" the bt so that my pb uses its internal speakers.

Glad the OP started this thread and gave me the incentive.
    07-08-12 11:57 AM
    As stated only one at a time with the blackberry gateway. I'm hoping for Pandora soon as I prefer it to Slacker.I'm going to try to hook it up thru the ipod Bose dock using a cable next and see how that sounds.
    07-08-12 06:30 PM
    As stated only one at a time with the blackberry gateway. I'm hoping for Pandora soon as I prefer it to Slacker.I'm going to try to hook it up thru the ipod Bose dock using a cable next and see how that sounds.
    I know longer sideload but when I did, I had Pandora. If Pandora is a must you could sideload the App or use the website.
    rottonj likes this.
    07-08-12 08:20 PM
    I personally find a nice set of Bose speakers (Bose Companion 2 Multimedia Powered Speaker System - Computer Speakers - Computer Sound Systems - Bose Multimedia Speakers) that are typically used for my laptop/PC, work quite well with my Playbook with an easy RC adapter into the headphone 3.5 mm port.

At any rate, I'm glad you found an accessory that really helps you appreciate the greatness, that is the BB Playbook!
    07-09-12 12:20 PM
    I know longer sideload but when I did, I had Pandora. If Pandora is a must you could sideload the App or use the website.
    Thanks, I have no plans to start sideloading yet as I'm not real tech savy and don't want any problems. Just going to wait it out untill the new BB10 comes out and see what we get.
    07-09-12 08:37 PM
    Sounds like a good setup

I got the bb music gateway. One thing I don't get. Can connect upto 6 devices but only one at. A time. They might as well say a million hookups. But the gateway with my bold and playbook is awesome
    07-09-12 09:11 PM
    Sounds like a good setup

I got the bb music gateway. One thing I don't get. Can connect upto 6 devices but only one at. A time. They might as well say a million hookups. But the gateway with my bold and playbook is awesome
    When looking into the BB Music Gateway, I took the multiple BT connections as a "party" type feature. "Hey, my turn now ". Everyone in the area can get in on the BB love!

Will be my next order when CB puts them on sale - TWO of them!
    07-10-12 12:05 AM
    I like my Bose wireless BT speaker the best. The sound quality is amazing and I can go upto 25 feet. I can listen to mp3 or radio. I can even use it watch movies with sound blasted loud.
    07-10-12 12:37 AM
    The Logitech model works very well. I have had one attached to my main stereo for months. The Belkin model has a problem. The bluetooth range is very limited. It can be fixed but you need to take the unit apart to fix the range issue. Monoprice makes a model that is only $20 and can be powered from a regular wall outlet or via USB. The Playbook has been able to stream music via bluetooth since the 2.0 update. Works well with Slacker but if you want to use Pandora you need something like StayOn so the Playbook does not go to sleep and cut off your stream. Happy listening!
    Was thinking of getting the BB Music Gateway and likely to get the monoprice one now (since it does the same thing without the NFC capability, which I don't need). Thanks for the headsup!
    07-10-12 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD