03-15-15 12:41 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    The iPad 2 supports the latest version iOS 8, which was released September 17, 2014 for all devices, making it the only iOS device to support 5 major versions of iOS (including iOS 4, 5, 6 and 7.

The iPad2 is old and decrepit but Apple has shown great respect by not abandoning the owners of that old tablet. Will you have confidence in BBY to do the same if they release a new tablet?
    There should be a NICE BIG FAT FULL STOP ON THIS CONVERSATION and BB Gets on with it!!!

jtvberry
    12-02-14 09:01 PM
    A new BlackBerry tablet would be nice. I'd like a tablet with all the capabilities of the Passport minus the phone stuff. A stylus on board would be nice as well. With the current technology, a tablet as powerful or more powerful than the Passport should be easy to make. Still, I get Chen's opinion on differentiation. Most tablets look alike. If BlackBerry wants to sell, it needs something that iOS, Android and Windows Phone aren't already giving. What ways can we be different? Colors? UX and UI changes? Gimmicks? All things being implemented. I just want people to recognize BlackBerry for being what it is. Couldn't get over people confusing my PlayBook with the the friggin' Kindle Fire... Whatever Chen's plan is, I hope it comes out, gets marketed well, and makes BlackBerry a less unknown player.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Surface and Tab3 along with my PlayBook and many times catch myself swiping on the others and wondering why nothing happens. The Tab3 is of course newer than my PlayBook but when it comes to pressing buttons to close screens it seems so dated. The Surface is also a great device but compared to the PlayBook it's very heavy and awkward to use at times. I am finding myself back to using my PlayBook a lot more often lately. I may consider a BlackBerry upgraded tablet but I am certain the others would be leaving my household way before the PlayBook.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    12-03-14 01:01 AM
    I have a Surface and Tab3 along with my PlayBook and many times catch myself swiping on the others and wondering why nothing happens. The Tab3 is of course newer than my PlayBook but when it comes to pressing buttons to close screens it seems so dated. The Surface is also a great device but compared to the PlayBook it's very heavy and awkward to use at times. I am finding myself back to using my PlayBook a lot more often lately. I may consider a BlackBerry upgraded tablet but I am certain the others would be leaving my household way before the PlayBook.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    This is one of uniquenesses of the PB, "durability".

jtvberry
    12-03-14 08:53 AM
    I use my PlayBook and my Galaxy Tab 2 differently. I use my PlayBook in the bed on its charging stand to watch videos and read webcomics. I use the Galaxy Tab for comic apps and Youtube. I have respect for the YouTube app on Android, but it still bothers me that the major draw is apps. My PlayBook stood up to my 8 year old, who destroyed countless phones and cracked the screen on the Galaxy Tab, so I agree with durability.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 05:42 PM
    While we wait for a new Playbook, just give us an app to make our existing Playbooks - "dumb" tablets using the resources from our BB10 phones.
    give us blackberry 10 to our playbook!!!!!!!!!
    02-09-15 03:39 AM
    When it that email dated for? I noticed it referenced the BB10. Sounds like stale news.
    02-13-15 12:56 PM
    A scaled up z30 would be awesome. Keeping the phone capabilities would make it unique among all tablets and would make it appealing to everyone except an apple fanatic. The reason I have a z30 now is that I bought a play book cheap just to have a tablet....I fell in love with it, and eventually bought a z30 because the play book was so good. And they work well together thru BlackBerry bridge.
    Everything about BlackBerry I find to be superior to most of what else is out there and I will buy a tablet if they make one.

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook UK and Pcmx like this.
    02-13-15 03:43 PM
    A scaled up z30 would be awesome. Keeping the phone capabilities would make it unique among all tablets and would make it appealing to everyone except an apple fanatic. The reason I have a z30 now is that I bought a play book cheap just to have a tablet....I fell in love with it, and eventually bought a z30 because the play book was so good. And they work well together thru BlackBerry bridge.
    Everything about BlackBerry I find to be superior to most of what else is out there and I will buy a tablet if they make one.

Posted via CB10
    Kinda funny, opposite situation for me. I bought the PlayBook because my Z10 was so good.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:44 PM
    I had a 9810 when I got my PlayBook. Bridge was better integrated with BlackBerry 7, but I enjoy the convenience of answering texts and BBMs from my tablet now that I have a Q10. I look forward to using the Passport with BlackBerry Blend on my Galaxy Tab for that very reason. At the same time, I feel off about that statement. It would be awesome to see a new tablet from BlackBerry but it isn't in the cards currently. There's plenty of business applications for a tablet so it could work out in BlackBerry's favor if positioned and ADVERTISED correctly. I'd enjoy a BlackBerry 10 based tablet using Blend and crossing over with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:22 AM
    If only dreams could come true: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oncept-913651/

I would marry my dreams
    03-11-15 01:56 AM
    I think it's safe to say we're all excited for a new device although this is a year away from launch at minimum.
    jtv1 likes this.
    03-11-15 02:35 AM
    03-15-15 12:26 PM
    [QUOTE=hreiner1;11469562
    the new tablet is here[/QUOTE]

And....it's a $2400 Android tablet that requires BES12.

New tablet in the works...YES!-bn-hk282_1black_j_20150314165311.jpg
    03-15-15 12:41 PM
88 ... 234