I just can't believe it when I see comments coming from BlackBerry fans on here that PlayBook users should "move on", or "let it die",etc.

They should give their heads a shake. Aren't we all supposed to be on the same team here, lol?

Posted via CB10
    Are people still clinging to their Samsung Epic 4G and hoping it will still get updated? How about the HTC Evo 4G? Or the MyTouch 4G?

They came out around the same time. I'm nit sure anyone even talks about them anymore beyond memories but they don't want to use them anymore because they have something better.

Nothing wrong with those who still love it to keep using it but to expect it to get updates yet?
    11-19-14 08:40 PM
    Are people still clinging to their Samsung Epic 4G and hoping it will still get updated? How about the HTC Evo 4G? Or the MyTouch 4G?

They came out around the same time. I'm nit sure anyone even talks about them anymore beyond memories but they don't want to use them anymore because they have something better.

Nothing wrong with those who still love it to keep using it but to expect it to get updates yet?
    I would like to state again.
    How long did it take the platform most used in the world to stop updates for MS XP?

Are not BlackBerry devices not worth the wait, want, when?
    Since when did BlackBerry make unworthy devices?

jtvberry
    11-19-14 10:04 PM
    I would like to state again.
    How long did it take the platform most used in the world to stop updates for MS XP?

Are not BlackBerry devices not worth the wait, want, when?
    Since when did BlackBerry make unworthy devices?

jtvberry
    Since they made a uncompleted tablet and it took months and maybe years to get it there. I'm sorry but the pb is slow and old now. It's not a PC, it's not a mac. Most android phones don't get support from the mfg, they get from xda or wherever. Why hasn't my torch received updates? It's newer than the pb.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    11-20-14 05:26 AM
    Since they made a uncompleted tablet and it took months and maybe years to get it there. I'm sorry but the pb is slow and old now. It's not a PC, it's not a mac. Most android phones don't get support from the mfg, they get from xda or wherever. Why hasn't my torch received updates? It's newer than the pb.
    It funny that you should mention the Torch, seeing BB Beta Zone still are creating and testing apps for BB OS7 and below.
    I do hope more positivity is created concerning the future of our dear BlackBerry

jtvberry
    11-20-14 05:42 AM
    I just can't believe it when I see comments coming from BlackBerry fans on here that PlayBook users should "move on", or "let it die",etc.

They should give their heads a shake. Aren't we all supposed to be on the same team here, lol?

Posted via CB10
    If it works for your that is great. But the realities are it isn't all that great of a device and you can do a lot more with other devices today. We use to have the huge fan here that like to call Apple's product the CrapPad.... but even he woke up and saw that without developers, without updates and improvements, there was better ways to get things done. He moved one, why can't we?
    11-20-14 07:40 AM
    The mistake was made years ago: the board of directors missed the "After School Special" where little Billy (BlackBerry) was really smart and inventive but kind of homely and dorky and the bullies (the media and mass-market consumers) made him (BlackBerry) feel insecure but after trying so hard to fit in (Storm, Storm 2, BBOS7 touchscreen devices) and still not being invited to the cool-kids parties (consumer market success) little Billy (BlackBerry) did that stupid thing that Sandy did at the end of Grease, Billy (BlackBerry) became a (the p is silent) pslut (full-touch "apps" driven consumer product) and turned his back on all his great unique great personality traits... but he (BlackBerry) wasn't slutty enough to score, and even the schoolyard bullies (Netflix, Instagram) knew it and wouldn't sleep with him. If Billy (BlackBerry) had more self respect and stuck to what made him special and learned to love himself, he would have stayed the course (don't expect to have consumer market share) and although there would have been some adjustments to make (the company would have to downsize from a company with a large consumer product following) there would have been clear purpose and pride in being the best at what he was good at, and lots of people (not the majority of consumers though) like him as he really is.

Further investments in PlayBook OS by Chen would be foolish, that ship as sailed.

Still, I for one would like to see the PlayBook OS updated to include some improvements for speed and stability, and I'd be willing to pay for it. Wouldn't it be cool if a Kickstarter campaign raised a million bucks to pay the developers to update the PlayBook OS? I think you could pay 3 or 4 developers with that and get a LOT done in PlayBook OS, just 50� from every PlayBook owner would do it.

(for those outside North America: an "After School Special" were short movies that were aired after school-aged children got home from school, and were often about life lessons, like being true to yourself or how to deal with a friend who's doing bad things etc.)
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 11-20-14 at 08:46 AM.
    11-20-14 08:10 AM
    My poor old eyes say they want a tablet that's bigger than the PB.
    11-20-14 08:13 AM
    If it works for your that is great. But the realities are it isn't all that great of a device and you can do a lot more with other devices today. We use to have the huge fan here that like to call Apple's product the CrapPad.... but even he woke up and saw that without developers, without updates and improvements, there was better ways to get things done. He moved one, why can't we?
    I recently bought one of the fastest, biggest eco system tablet out there...One of those to "replace" the PB and to be quite honest, granted its small number of apps available, the PB has nothing to be ashamed of. The PB was well thought device. Accessibility of things, the multitasking which by the way is UNMATCHED, the speakers, the built in Apps which for alot of users is what we need, it really defined what a tablet should feel like. I have now tried, Win8 Tablets, Android tablets, Apple tablets etc you name them, including the so much praised Surface which is more a laptop than a tablet. Win8 feels like you are using a thumb as a mouse. The whole OS is pure JUNK including for a "tablet". The android tablet has processes and apps that never close. You need an additional app to close these..Ridiculous..same with Apple products..they also require iTunes for everything you do. Only the Win8 offers a pure way to trust and manage things through the network but PB does it even better... Is up to each individual to move on if they want to. Those that still find use for a device that is old and perhaps does as well as new ones, have the right to vent as well. They have a right to praise the product if they want to and they have a right to ask for more if they want to...those who want to move on, move on, dont bother with the threads..

**As I was writing this, I needed a calculator A simple CALCULATOR for my new tablet and I had to go thru junk of apps from Android to find one...The calculator on the PB is just beautiful and brilliant and it comes with it..Just one more example of why I refuse like many others to move on..THere is space for something new and even better.
    11-20-14 01:02 PM
    I recently bought one of the fastest, biggest eco system tablet out there...One of those to "replace" the PB and to be quite honest, granted its small number of apps available, the PB has nothing to be ashamed of. The PB was well thought device. Accessibility of things, the multitasking which by the way is UNMATCHED, the speakers, the built in Apps which for alot of users is what we need, it really defined what a tablet should feel like. I have now tried, Win8 Tablets, Android tablets, Apple tablets etc you name them, including the so much praised Surface which is more a laptop than a tablet. Win8 feels like you are using a thumb as a mouse. The whole OS is pure JUNK including for a "tablet". The android tablet has processes and apps that never close. You need an additional app to close these..Ridiculous..same with Apple products..they also require iTunes for everything you do. Only the Win8 offers a pure way to trust and manage things through the network but PB does it even better... Is up to each individual to move on if they want to. Those that still find use for a device that is old and perhaps does as well as new ones, have the right to vent as well. They have a right to praise the product if they want to and they have a right to ask for more if they want to...those who want to move on, move on, dont bother with the threads..

**As I was writing this, I needed a calculator A simple CALCULATOR for my new tablet and I had to go thru junk of apps from Android to find one...The calculator on the PB is just beautiful and brilliant and it comes with it..Just one more example of why I refuse like many others to move on..THere is space for something new and even better.
    If I were to recommend any device to anyone, please give a chance hey to pick two and BlackBerry for obvious reasons said here, then MS
    Simply the best of anything.

How many times have you heard how PB has outlasted every other new and old.

Something that works needs to be done, and out of the mouths which says PB was only half done.
    Well I have noticed they are saying move on to.

What am saying is, finish off what was started, even if it is based on the slaughterer BB.
    Maybe not move on, but move on top.
    And I say it's half done as well.

jtvberry
    11-20-14 04:18 PM
    Sadly, after killing off its first tablet that they never put anything behind, I wouldn't trust BlackBerry ever again no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    If it's priced reasonably I don't see why you can't give it a chance. Even using it a little and getting a refund is a possibility.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-20-14 04:53 PM

4G? oh you mean by US marketing standards....
    11-20-14 09:15 PM
    So please tell me, because I have no knowledge of what it would cost to update or upgrade.
    I am presuming upgrading would possibly cost more.
    Does anyone have any figures on the cost of updating.

I'd try an give myself an idea of upgrading base on the update figures.

jtvberry
    11-20-14 10:12 PM

My opinion. I like my win8 tablet much better than my pb. After the first couple days with it the pb got retired. Guess it all depends on the person. I use to love my pb but now it's just slow and old. I have no desire to use it again.
    11-22-14 07:43 AM
    I really like my Surface Pro 2 it can do anything an Ipad, Android Tab and a Playbook do much better. It is however too big... This is why wanted a PlayBook.
    I can literally pull it out anywhere... The size is just perfect. I can read at all times without the bulk. Best of all damn thing is pants dropping. I was on the bus reading about complicated stuff... totally looking like a hipster. When this girl just started conversation... "Is that A Playbook?? Turns out she is also a crackberrian an addict at that. Taking her for coffee tonight. Point being imagine what a new BlackBerry tablet could do for you. Wish me luck! Lol

Supporting Communism Worldwide via my STA100-5 Z30 ?
    11-22-14 04:21 PM
    Here's hoping that a new PlayBook with BB10 comes out soon. If one comes out, I'm buying it.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-30-14 08:18 PM
    Here's hoping that a new PlayBook with BB10 comes out soon. If one comes out, I'm buying it.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! The PlayBook batteries are not as healthy as they once were. I'd hate to be reduced to buying a Surface Pro.
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-30-14 08:30 PM
    I really like my Surface Pro 2 it can do anything an Ipad, Android Tab and a Playbook do much better. It is however too big... This is why wanted a PlayBook.
    I can literally pull it out anywhere... The size is just perfect. I can read at all times without the bulk. Best of all damn thing is pants dropping. I was on the bus reading about complicated stuff... totally looking like a hipster. When this girl just started conversation... "Is that A Playbook?? Turns out she is also a crackberrian an addict at that. Taking her for coffee tonight. Point being imagine what a new BlackBerry tablet could do for you. Wish me luck! Lol

Supporting Communism Worldwide via my STA100-5 Z30 ?
    Damn right am wishing Ya all the best.
    Greatest thing is how any bb device has the power, to be free from gender discrimination, just by how you had something interesting and it never mattered about the age.

Looks you both were on the pull with absolute mutual interests

Good Luck

jtvberry
    11-30-14 09:47 PM
    Damn right am wishing Ya all the best.
    Greatest thing is how any bb device has the power, to be free from gender discrimination, just by how you had something interesting and it never mattered about the age.

Looks you both were on the pull with absolute mutual interests

Good Luck

jtvberry
    What are you talking about?
    11-30-14 09:49 PM
    What are you talking about?
    Wish OgLon3r some luck man and hope the best for an update, upgrade, new OS or a completely new PB, or as I hope a WB (WorkBook)

jtvberry
    11-30-14 11:58 PM
    I just saw this and think to myself, are we on this level.
    Because we should be.

Please check out this video if you don't already know and seen it.

http://technabob.com/blog/2014/09/02...mart-bracelet/

jtvberry
    12-01-14 09:05 AM
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Love the playbook but can't stand how they just ditched it. Not sure I would go for another one after that crap show.
    Carl Estes and mamasan47 like this.
    12-01-14 12:30 PM
    Didn't I just saw this post on a different thread.. PLS let's not make any assumptions.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    12-01-14 04:42 PM
    A new BlackBerry tablet would be nice. I'd like a tablet with all the capabilities of the Passport minus the phone stuff. A stylus on board would be nice as well. With the current technology, a tablet as powerful or more powerful than the Passport should be easy to make. Still, I get Chen's opinion on differentiation. Most tablets look alike. If BlackBerry wants to sell, it needs something that iOS, Android and Windows Phone aren't already giving. What ways can we be different? Colors? UX and UI changes? Gimmicks? All things being implemented. I just want people to recognize BlackBerry for being what it is. Couldn't get over people confusing my PlayBook with the the friggin' Kindle Fire... Whatever Chen's plan is, I hope it comes out, gets marketed well, and makes BlackBerry a less unknown player.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 and ots1960 like this.
    12-01-14 09:22 PM
    A new BlackBerry tablet would be nice. I'd like a tablet with all the capabilities of the Passport minus the phone stuff. A stylus on board would be nice as well. With the current technology, a tablet as powerful or more powerful than the Passport should be easy to make. Still, I get Chen's opinion on differentiation. Most tablets look alike. If BlackBerry wants to sell, it needs something that iOS, Android and Windows Phone aren't already giving. What ways can we be different? Colors? UX and UI changes? Gimmicks? All things being implemented. I just want people to recognize BlackBerry for being what it is. Couldn't get over people confusing my PlayBook with the the friggin' Kindle Fire... Whatever Chen's plan is, I hope it comes out, gets marketed well, and makes BlackBerry a less unknown player.

Posted via CB10
    You mean a windows tablet.
    anon(5597702) and mamasan47 like this.
    12-02-14 06:36 AM
    The iPad 2 supports the latest version iOS 8, which was released September 17, 2014 for all devices, making it the only iOS device to support 5 major versions of iOS (including iOS 4, 5, 6 and 7.

The iPad2 is old and decrepit but Apple has shown great respect by not abandoning the owners of that old tablet. Will you have confidence in BBY to do the same if they release a new tablet?
    12-02-14 01:18 PM
88 1234