Hello Crackberry experts. We have just had a new service provider come in and update our wireless network at work. It is a free service but needs a login name and password. I can login and access BB Appworld but when I try to update an app or download an app I get a message saying 'cannot validate blackberry id'. Any assistance is welcome.
    08-15-12 01:00 PM
    I've been getting an error message on my PlayBook also -- "Security/Certificate Error. Please check your time/date settings and try again." No clue what those settings (which seem fine) have to do with logging into BB ID (or why PB is asking me to login anyway). Frustrating.
    08-15-12 01:46 PM
    Hello Crackberry experts. We have just had a new service provider come in and update our wireless network at work. It is a free service but needs a login name and password. I can login and access BB Appworld but when I try to update an app or download an app I get a message saying 'cannot validate blackberry id'. Any assistance is welcome.
    Have you gone to the rim webpage for bbid and maybe reestablished your bbid?
    madman0141 likes this.
    08-15-12 03:56 PM
    Had similar issue and BBID was able to correct with no problems.
    08-15-12 06:05 PM
    Have you gone to the rim webpage for bbid and maybe reestablished your bbid?
    Yes, I have done that. I can get access from other wifi sites, just not this one. I am thinking it may be in their server settings. I will ask the service reps and see if they can see what is going on.

It would of been nice to take some options/ideas to them from this site, but obviously the issue is a little obscure. Thanks anyway.
    08-15-12 10:16 PM
    Escape525 I notice that you're normally domiciled in Aus and now you're in Afghanistan .... wondering which country you've got your PB registered to in the Settings.

Maybe you would be best to use a proxy server like HideMyAss (http://hidemyass.com/) and choose a country where Blackberry sells, like the US or Canada.

So - in Settings change your location to say the US and then on the PB web browser look up HideMyAss, then choose a US based server, then go to PB App World and see if you can do what you want to do.

Just a thought .....
    Last edited by Heavens1; 08-15-12 at 10:47 PM.
    08-15-12 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD