Yes, we are referring to the video store on the Playbook. The $1 sale is over as of today, so all movies are back to their ultra-jacked up prices that we PB cheapsters are unwilling to pay.
    The 99 cent sale started around Thanksgiving. Sorry for those that missed it. In addition to the high prices, they would not disclose the DRM license folder you would need to backup the movies. I really don't know how they expected a 16 gb PB owner to buy more than one or two movies if they could not back them up somewhere else for storage purposes. Really bad business model.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    01-01-14 08:28 PM
    Just rented Croods for $0.00 USA.

The Most Interesting Device In The World, BBZ10! Keep Moving My Friends!
    01-01-14 08:48 PM
    Just rented Croods for $0.00 USA.

The Most Interesting Device In The World, BBZ10! Keep Moving My Friends!
    Just an "Extended Preview" unfortunately! I, too, thought it was the full movie!
    Trini-34 likes this.
    01-02-14 01:23 AM
    That would be especially true for the movie d/ls that expired today.
    yeah,,, exactly...
    01-02-14 06:21 PM
    I really don't know how they expected a 16 gb PB owner to buy more than one or two movies if they could not back them up somewhere else for storage purposes.
    As long as I don't do a full wipe of one's Playbook or otherwise delete DRM folders and files, that isn't true in my case. (I have never been able to execute a "full backup" of either of my Playbooks, so I don't know how a full backup, then a full wipe, then a full restore would work.)

In any case, when one downloads a movie from the Blackberry Video Store, the largest file (by far) is an .ismv file. (One or more DRM files or files in DRM folders may be created but any such files are very small.) This .ismv file can be found by using file/folder managers such as “File Browser,” “Ghost Commander,” and others.

One can also use the “Blackberry Desktop Software” program on a Windows (and other OS’s?) desktop/laptop connected to a Playbook to find .ismv files for any movies downloaded from the Blackberry Video Store. I find those .ismv files in the “Devices/Videos” subfolder. Then, one can move those .ismv files off the Playbook to another device to save storage space on the Playbook.

When one wants to watch a movie for which the .ismv file was moved off the Playbook, one moves that file back to the “Devices/Videos” subfolder, using the “Blackberry Desktop Software” program.

The above process has worked for me. Admittedly, it takes 10-15 minutes to move an .ismv file off the Playbook and another 10-15 minutes to move that file back to the Playbook.

If using the Playbook’s Video Store app to play movies whose .ismv files have been moved back and forth, the first time one tries to play such a movie the “Watch Now” button may not be evident. However, my experience is that if one activates the “Download” button, the app then finds the transferred .ismv file and the “Watch Now” button then reappears.

NOTE: I last tried the above on January 2, 2014--with only one .ismv file. In light of language the Video Store was providing when I originally downloaded these movies, I wasn’t sure if moving .ismv files off and back on the Playbook after 1-1-2014 would be trouble free.

Even though I first had to press the above “Download button” and the ismv file’s date changed to January 2, 2014, the movie still played as before. No guarantee that others will share this experience.

This thread addressed the above matters and more:

forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/how-store-playbook-video-store-movies-883712/

However, this thread hasn’t been updated as of 2014.
    01-03-14 01:39 AM
    As long as I don't do a full wipe of one's Playbook or otherwise delete DRM folders and files, that isn't true in my case. (I have never been able to execute a "full backup" of either of my Playbooks, so I don't know how a full backup, then a full wipe, then a full restore would work.)

In any case, when one downloads a movie from the Blackberry Video Store, the largest file (by far) is an .ismv file. (One or more DRM files or files in DRM folders may be created but any such files are very small.) This .ismv file can be found by using file/folder managers such as “File Browser,” “Ghost Commander,” and others.

One can also use the “Blackberry Desktop Software” program on a Windows (and other OS’s?) desktop/laptop connected to a Playbook to find .ismv files for any movies downloaded from the Blackberry Video Store. I find those .ismv files in the “Devices/Videos” subfolder. Then, one can move those .ismv files off the Playbook to another device to save storage space on the Playbook.

When one wants to watch a movie for which the .ismv file was moved off the Playbook, one moves that file back to the “Devices/Videos” subfolder, using the “Blackberry Desktop Software” program.

The above process has worked for me. Admittedly, it takes 10-15 minutes to move an .ismv file off the Playbook and another 10-15 minutes to move that file back to the Playbook.

If using the Playbook’s Video Store app to play movies whose .ismv files have been moved back and forth, the first time one tries to play such a movie the “Watch Now” button may not be evident. However, my experience is that if one activates the “Download” button, the app then finds the transferred .ismv file and the “Watch Now” button then reappears.

NOTE: I last tried the above on January 2, 2014--with only one .ismv file. In light of language the Video Store was providing when I originally downloaded these movies, I wasn’t sure if moving .ismv files off and back on the Playbook after 1-1-2014 would be trouble free.

Even though I first had to press the above “Download button” and the ismv file’s date changed to January 2, 2014, the movie still played as before. No guarantee that others will share this experience.

This thread addressed the above matters and more:

forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/how-store-playbook-video-store-movies-883712/

However, this thread hasn’t been updated as of 2014.
    Yes, you can move the movie file (.ismv) around as long as you don't lose the license (DRM folder) on the PB. The point was that the Video Store would not tell me what DRM folder(s) to back up in conjunction with the .ismv file(s). They actually told me there was no way to backup or store the movies. So you must do a backup of the PB to have any chance of the movies playing after a wipe of the PB. It would have been much easier to just back up the correct DRM folder. I found 6 DRM folders on the PB with Files and Folders:

playbook:/var/drm
    playbook:/base/etc/drm
    playbook:/etc/drm
    playbook:/pps/services/multimedia/drm
    playbook:/base/seed/rootfs/var/drm
    playbook:/base/seed/rootfs/var/pps/services/multimedia/drm

I suppose I could chance it and just back up those and see but we have to find this out for ourselves. You are limited to 5 d/ls with license with most of the movies (that's where the "you can d/l to five different devices" comes in, e.g. each device must have the license installed on it for the movie to play). However, the ones that said no d/ls after 1/14, those will all be unplayable if you don't do a license backup somehow and you have to do a wipe. Just sayin.

Here's the Video Store documentation I'm going off:
    http://rovicorp.force.com/PublicKB1/...e/RES000001642
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 01-03-14 at 08:46 AM.
    01-03-14 08:29 AM
    a full backup/wipe/restore WILL reinstall .drm/licenses & movies WILL be playable...

One can also use the “Blackberry Desktop Software” program on a Windows (and other OS’s?) desktop/laptop connected to a Playbook to find .ismv files for any movies downloaded from the Blackberry Video Store. I find those .ismv files in the “Devices/Videos” subfolder. Then, one can move those .ismv files off the Playbook to another device to save storage space on the Playbook.When one wants to watch a movie for which the .ismv file was moved off the Playbook, one moves that file back to the “Devices/Videos” subfolder, using the “Blackberry Desktop Software” program.
    you can also drag & drop to "my videos" in pc,,, this WILL NOT copy .drm's, so use caution,,, ALWAYS do full backup to be safe...
    01-03-14 08:52 AM
    Reviving this thread! Movies on sale for $1 for Playbook! The list includes:
    - World War Z extended cut
    - Star Trek Into Darkness
    - Alien Resurrection

Keep looking people! Add to the list!
    Monsterlad likes this.
    04-18-14 06:12 PM
    I just bought Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters in the last week for a buck. Unrated cut. Decent flick, definitely worth that price.
    04-18-14 06:56 PM
    also out there but hard to find by searching:
    - Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    - Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
    Monsterlad likes this.
    04-18-14 07:10 PM
    I just bought Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters in the last week for a buck. Unrated cut. Decent flick, definitely worth that price.
    I got it on blu-ray, and it is a pretty good movie for the most part. I wish I had the digital copy.
    04-20-14 05:54 AM
    I got it on blu-ray, and it is a pretty good movie for the most part. I wish I had the digital copy.
    You can get it now for $1 in the Playbook video store! Go for it! We won't tell anyone!
    04-20-14 06:19 AM
62 123