Upon receiving a new Playbook for Christmas, I charged it a few days ago. Last I plugged it in only to notice that it was not charging. Oddly, it doesn't appear that the charge cable is going in all the way. I have two BB Bolds and tried that charger... no luck. I also tried the USB to Computer cable... no luck. No sure what to do it!! I was so proud that I stuck with the BB Brand versus going to the "Orchard" but now not so sure!! If this issue can't be easily fixed, that is it with me the RIM brands!!
    12-22-12 07:37 AM
    Did you happen to try and connect it upsidedown? I know mine was a tight fit at first but just a little push and it went all the way. What is it not doing? Is the light pulsing? Does it do anything?
    12-22-12 07:44 AM
    It has been recommended that you DONT use your phone chargers! Check the USB port for any signs of damage, as kbz suggest, people often put the connector in upside down
    12-22-12 07:49 AM
    Err... yeah. What can I say, I suck. The old "upsidedown/I have no clue/Christmas has ahold of my nerves" mistake. Problem solved.

Always knew I could come here to clear things up. Anyone good with a leaky toilet?

Thanks
    12-22-12 07:55 AM
    You should now check the usb port. Make sure that the connector inside the port is level and not sloped or bent downward or upward as that can happen when the plug is in upsidedown. Use VERY GENTLE pressure to level it in its slot so that you don't continue to stress it.
    12-22-12 08:42 AM