Love my Playbooks, but recently noticed an issue with the original one. I have been working on my new Playbook (64 GB wifi) and noticed it is faster, and stays connected to Wifi better than my original (32 GB I got in late 2011 I think). It does not automatically connect to my Wifi anymore and often does not stay connected while working on it. The new one stays connected and automatically connects every time. In general it seems faster as well. The biggest issues is Wifi connection problem since it is hard to work on email or surf.

They have the same programs and are setup about the same. They both have the same version of OS 2.1.0.1526. I have checked security setting, permissions, tested on same Wifi, cleaned browsers (when I do connect BB works well on both when connected, Maxthon is much better on new one, I am now trying Origami on both), etc., but have been unable to fix the problem. Any thoughts on potential cause?
    07-24-13 07:44 PM
    like a cpu it likes to be wiped every now and then. Should fix your issues
    07-24-13 07:58 PM
    Strange,.. wifi issue, like your, was in my 2011 PB too, but we're fixed with updates before 2.0 arrived... Never returned.

When I got my 2nd PB, with 2.0, both worked very nice with wifi and remained . No problems.

Maybe you can try a wipe in PB 32 and reinstall 2.1. You can try work with more disponible space for faster performance.
    07-24-13 08:05 PM
    That's interesting, I purchased a used playbook a 32gb its probably one of the first to be launched and it is much slower than the new one I purchased from walmart when they were on sale.

Good observation!
    07-24-13 09:20 PM
    I am not very tech savy so do you mean back it up and wipe clean using security wipe?
    07-24-13 09:49 PM
    I am not very tech savy so do you mean back it up and wipe clean using security wipe?
    Yes a security wipe or a complete reload of the OS using BB Link or desktop software on pc.
    07-25-13 11:43 AM
    I wiped it and reloaded from the backup. Works great! It is faster and is much more like the new one. Thanks for the help!!
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-26-13 09:47 AM
    Love my Playbooks, but recently noticed an issue with the original one. I have been working on my new Playbook (64 GB wifi) and noticed it is faster, and stays connected to Wifi better than my original (32 GB I got in late 2011 I think). It does not automatically connect to my Wifi anymore and often does not stay connected while working on it. The new one stays connected and automatically connects every time. In general it seems faster as well. The biggest issues is Wifi connection problem since it is hard to work on email or surf.
    They have the same programs and are setup about the same. They both have the same version of OS 2.1.0.1526. I have checked security setting, permissions, tested on same Wifi, cleaned browsers (when I do connect BB works well on both when connected, Maxthon is much better on new one, I am now trying Origami on both), etc., but have been unable to fix the problem. Any thoughts on potential cause?
    Maxthon is an android browser so I suppose you sideload? I dunno, but sideloading android apps to me is a crapshoot. Unless it is tested very well. I don't do it and my PBs have been fine and never have needed a wipe. I know there may be people that swear on it. But you asked for potential causes.
    Well spoken man likes this.
    07-26-13 01:18 PM
    Interesting I did not know that it was an Android app. I did not sideload, I got it from BB Apps World and installed directly from there to my Playbook. I like it a lot, but I am also really happy with BB browser and Origami. I may just use those to avoid future problems.
    07-26-13 10:34 PM
    oragami browser is the way to go
    07-26-13 10:55 PM
    How do you wipe the playbook without using security wipe, is there a away to brick like bbsak or something?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:09 AM
    Interesting I did not know that it was an Android app. I did not sideload, I got it from BB Apps World and installed directly from there to my Playbook. I like it a lot, but I am also really happy with BB browser and Origami. I may just use those to avoid future problems.
    Oh sorry. I didn't know they made a PB version. I did use it on Android so just assumed. My bad...
    07-27-13 11:33 AM
    No problem. I appreciate the help. Maxthon is running much better although I will only use it as needed.
    07-27-13 02:52 PM
    Like Cynycl said, go get Origami Browser.
    I think you will like it better than any other browser. Most people do.
    07-27-13 03:01 PM
    I have been using it for the last few weeks and really like it. Do you know if Opera will be available for Playbook?
    07-27-13 03:38 PM
    I have been using it for the last few weeks and really like it. Do you know if Opera will be available for Playbook?
    If is not here yet, it probably won't be. Although, obviously, there are developers of new apps that have not given up on the pb or us, its users.
    07-27-13 05:20 PM