I just bought a Playbook (16gb) from Bestbuy and it was the last one. He thanked me for buying it because he can now remove the display. Found that kinda sad. I asked if they will sell the 4g one when it comes out, he said maybe. Just wanted to let everyone know. and plus I am actually a blackberry user now (by choice).
    07-06-12 04:35 PM
    Congrats on your purchase. You'll love the PB.
    07-06-12 04:47 PM
    There is another recent thread about WorstBuy and the Playbook.
    07-06-12 04:56 PM
    Most Best Buys are eliminating the Playbook. As BB revamps its stores and moves to a smaller footprint, they are going to have to rationalize stock and keep only items with higher inventory turns. The Playbook has not been a big seller for them (words from an employee).

I like my playbook okay. I just wish I didn't have to go to a third party site and sideload really common apps using other third party tools using developer mode. Does anyone else take issue with that approach too? The web browser and email applications aren't that much better to overcome this glaring deficiency. I'm also finding that many of the converted android apps are several revisions old and are slow compared to other devices. Sorry for the mini-rant, but I'm starting to give up hope and I find my playbook getting used less and less. I really wish that weren't the case.
    07-06-12 04:58 PM
    there are atleast 2 other active best buy threads. please post all the stories in those
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    07-06-12 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD