Hey guys I just got my Playbook set up this evening and it is wonderful! Paid $177 for it through Amazon and I got the 32GB model. I am also a teacher and just about everything we use in our school is Apple. Yes, I have a MacBook Pro, iPad, wife uses an iPod touch, etc. but I have to be honest with you all before I am labeled a fan-boy of Apple, the Playbook is a nice, refreshing approach to tablet computing! I love the interface, the speed, the screen, everything about it just says "refined". The build quality exceeds what I had expected and the only other non iOS tablet that I had ever owned was a hacked Android tablet from China that I had purchased thinking I would make that my device of choice for fun/personal use...which I did for about three months until it locked itself up never to come out its digital coma. So...I was a bit reluctant about going with anything Android again. Now, I know that the Playbook is not a straight up Android OS like the Nexus 7 and such but I like to think I bought a quality product (the Playbook) that had designers putting some thought and time into it. I was right. I'm sold. I've got pretty much everything that I use on my school issued iPad already set up on the Playbook (e-mail, contacts, calendar, gmail) At first, I was a bit intimidated by all of the gestures needed to run a playbook, but really there are only about 4 or 5 necessary to easily use it. I am currently still using my BB 8900 Javelin and even though it is nearly 4 years old I still love that phone and I will be setting up my BB bridge here shortly. Again, just wanted to share my thoughts about how pleased I am with the overall package that RIM put into this and the fact that I am saving nearly $400 off the price of it's original retail has me sold. Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll be back with questions in the near future!
    01-31-13 08:40 PM
    Welcome. I bought one also not too long ago and fell in love with it. I used it everyday and use my laptop less and less. If you have any questions in the future (and I know you will), the people on here are great and extremely helpful.
    01-31-13 09:07 PM
    Finally a positive thread in the forums. Welcome.
    01-31-13 09:11 PM
    Enjoy the ride.
    01-31-13 09:13 PM
    Fortunally there are a lot of positive threads like this one on the forum and it is normal : the PlayBook is such an amazing tablet and I'm not kidding
    02-01-13 12:56 AM
    Good choice. For bang for bucks the Playbook kicks everything else into the long long grass.

I was given an iPad but having bought my wife a PB for christmas I liked it that much I went straight out and bought myself one.

Awesome tablet...

Cheers

Danny B
    02-01-13 01:05 AM
    I love mine. I got it for 180$ out the door and I hope BlackBerry survives so I don't have to look back. Most people are impressed by how it works only lacking in apps compared to others. But with the combo of BlackBerry and PB I don't care. It can do the whole internet almost.
    02-01-13 01:20 AM
    Welcome, and enjoy
    02-01-13 08:05 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! You've come to the right place for help. I've owned my PlayBook for about 18 months and I use it everyday. Enjoy!
    02-01-13 09:00 AM
    Welcome to the fold!

I have had my PB for nearly a year now and im still in love with it. Yes i will likely get a iPad mini at some point but thats mostly for facetime with iPad using friends of mine. My PB has been on holiday with me, on cadet training weekends and summer camps (where it is usually muddy!) and yet it survives everything i have thrown at it so far. Whats more it does everything i need it to which is the most important thing!

Good luck and have fun!
    02-01-13 11:05 AM