Just bought a new 64gb playbook in addition to my 16gb. The new playbook has poor touch screen response and i find that i new to tap multiple times to get a response. This is the same with other gestures as well. The gestures and taps work properly about half the time. Suggestions?
    12-29-11 12:16 PM
    exchange it
    12-29-11 12:32 PM
    Sounds defective to me.

Return or exchange.
    12-29-11 12:47 PM
    I got exactly the same issue with my 64 G playbook that I just received last night.
    Please post any updates, it may be really helpful.

Thanks.
    01-11-12 02:00 PM
    Wait a second, did you exchanged your playbook?
    Is it possible that I got the playbook that you exchanged?....

Seriuosly, please let me know if you were able to get it exchanged.

Thks

Wisnu
    01-11-12 04:01 PM
    i am on the sameboat my touch screen is going crazy, i got this as a xmas gift, how do i go about to exchange it?
    01-13-12 09:58 PM
    i am on the sameboat my touch screen is going crazy, i got this as a xmas gift, how do i go about to exchange it?
    Most stores have a 30 day return policy, so if you got it from a store, walk in and try to get a different unit.

Or call RIM customer care center and make your case. Your PB has an year warranty from RIM, so they will either repair it or give you a new unit.

Good luck with it.
    01-13-12 10:04 PM
    I got exactly the same issue with my 64 G playbook that I just received last night.
    Please post any updates, it may be really helpful.

Thanks.
    Are you new to the playbook? Just wonder because of the bezel being touch sensitive when I first got mine it took me awhile to realize that you can't be touching the bezel too far in or the touch doesn't work right since you are all ready touching a sensation bezel area.
    01-13-12 10:12 PM
    I've often found the PB touchscreen to be less responsive than some other devices; my hope (based on what I've read from this forum) is that the sensitivity is improved somewhat in the new OS.
    01-13-12 11:24 PM
    I've often found the PB touchscreen to be less responsive than some other devices; my hope (based on what I've read from this forum) is that the sensitivity is improved somewhat in the new OS.
    Is it? If so. Then that's amazing news.
    01-14-12 12:51 AM
    Do you have sweaty palms/fingers by any chance? or do you use the PB with wet hands? This can interfere with the touchscreen sometimes.
    01-14-12 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD