No, I have not. To be honest, I went for the pb because of its BRIDGE to my bbphone. Otherwise, I was not very interested in Tablets and I'm not an Apple fan so never really gave consideration to that. I had briefly looked at a friend's Android Samsung something and was not impressed.

But I guess that may be the wave of the future - some form of docking with a fully-developed phone hooking into a system of peripherals - hopefully, wirelessly.

As for hooking the pb or phones to an hdmi - again, wired is a tangle and the pb with either the keyboard or the bbphone does not work all that smoothly - cursor move and scrolling is just not quick or smooth. But it's still early in this evolution.
    these things would be slick if they weren't droid,,, there are 3 models, only difference being the size of the phone that it docks w/ & maybe the processor speed,,, i'm rrreeeaaalllyyy likin' this one--->>> ASUS - PadFone Infinity ,,, they ain't cheap tho,,, $800-1k/US,,, & they're not available in the U.S yet, but soon should be,,, caveat: the screen is useless without the phone...
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    05-01-13 12:18 PM
    That man has more faces than the instrument dials have on a 747!
    He also has less brain cells than a Airbus working parts after a France Airbus beancounter subcontracted maintenance, and both they together decided it was not a directive but optional....the Thale that was left......

Welcome to BlackBerry, a division of Microsoft.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-01-13 05:10 PM
    At least Airbus batteries don't catch fire in the air, eh?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-01-13 08:37 PM
    He also has less brain cells than a Airbus working parts after a France Airbus beancounter subcontracted maintenance, and both they together decided it was not a directive but optional....the Thale that was left......

Welcome to BlackBerry, a division of Microsoft.
    Impossible!!!! What will we be left to complain about when that happens?
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-02-13 09:00 AM
    Coming soon, end of the year... it all sounds too familiar.

While Herr Heins is "thinking about it" and waffling about, Samsung has 7" and 8" tablets ready for release in May. The Galaxy Tab 3 has a 7" screen with the same 1024x600 resolution as the Playbook but with expandable MicroSD storage, a GSM/HSPA model that doubles as a phone, Android 4.1, all priced less than the Playbook. There are rumours of an ASUS Win8 7" tablet as well.

So yeah, nobody will pay an iPad premium for a large BB10 tablet and nobody will pay Playbook money for a small one either, not when there are more compelling alternatives already in the market and in the pipeline. That effectively shuts out Blackberry from the tablet market.
    The tab 3 sounds super crappy anyway.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-02-13 09:06 AM
    Neither will the Z10s! I've seen more life in a tramps vest than that battery has got?
    05-02-13 09:10 AM
    My friends, I have enabled the time travel machine to go back to January 2012, when Heins became CEO of RIM:
    Thorsten Heins: Not the right CEO for RIM - Fortune Tech

"I don't think there is a drastic change needed."
    "Sometimes we innovate too much."

RIM should've called somebody like Steve Jobs to come in, cut the fat, push a sharply focused product line, then execute hard and fast. Instead we get someone who slowly, gently guides the ship... onto the rocks.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 09:29 AM
    My friends, I have enabled the time travel machine to go back to January 2012, when Heins became CEO of RIM:
    Thorsten Heins: Not the right CEO for RIM - Fortune Tech

"I don't think there is a drastic change needed."
    "Sometimes we innovate too much."

RIM should've called somebody like Steve Jobs to come in, cut the fat, push a sharply focused product line, then execute hard and fast. Instead we get someone who slowly, gently guides the ship... onto the rocks.
    The sudden stop at the end is what always causes the problem! Not how you get there?
    05-02-13 02:42 PM
    If I told you every plane took off with a list of faults, some major as they could not find anything in a tight time allocated diagnostic/engineer check at the gate for the cost of the gate time...

A)Would you believe me

B)Would you keep flying
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 02:56 PM
    The sudden stop at the end is what always causes the problem! Not how you get there?
    We talk of ships crashing not empty brandy bottles SOM! LOL
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 03:00 PM
    If I told you every plane took off with a list of faults, some major as they could not find anything in a tight time allocated diagnostic/engineer check at the gate for the cost of the gate time...

A)Would you believe me

B)Would you keep flying
    Yes!

And

Yes!

Within certain constraints its the final decision of the captain as to the air worthiness of the aircraft. The only problem is every default must by law be entered into the aircraft logbook, in my case the F700. One copy kept on board and one copy at the registered home base of the aircraft. The captain must enter any defects discovered whilst away from his registered base and if he decides he will fly with the defect he has to make a "red line entry" in the logbook. In other words if it goes down then the authorities and insurance companies go looking for the pilot?

Not much good to you if your a passenger but then are we not all bb passengers and our pilot doesn't even record "red line entries"? Welcome aboard.
    05-02-13 03:21 PM
    Yes!

And

Yes!

Within certain constraints its the final decision of the captain as to the air worthiness of the aircraft. The only problem is every default must by law be entered into the aircraft logbook, in my case the F700. One copy kept on board and one copy at the registered home base of the aircraft. The captain must enter any defects discovered whilst away from his registered base and if he decides he will fly with the defect he has to make a "red line entry" in the logbook. In other words if it goes down then the authorities and insurance companies go looking for the pilot?

Not much good to you if your a passenger but then are we not all bb passengers and our pilot doesn't even record "red line entries"? Welcome aboard.
    ^Hehehe, SOD makes up.for lost brandy time in his career these days

My name is Thor, I will be your purser....the captain is located at the rear of the craft, we are dumping fuel to make the plane move faster but this may incur extra costs so for your further convenience have also removed all security equipment and this has made your flight cheaper, welcome aboard this DREAMliner...we thankyou for choosing Hitler Airways a subsidiary of Microsoft World Domination Enterprises Europe Ltd
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 04:32 PM
    It makes me wonder if BB's profitability came about by cost-cutting, the same thing that Mark Hurd did at HP but he ended up cutting too much.

Watch that Air Crash Investigation series on TV and you'll never want to fly again....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-02-13 07:38 PM
    It makes me wonder if BB's profitability came about by cost-cutting, the same thing that Mark Hurd did at HP but he ended up cutting too much.

Watch that Air Crash Investigation series on TV and you'll never want to fly again....
    As far as we Touchpad owners are concerned it was Leo who fouled the nest.
    rnhld and sad_old_man like this.
    05-02-13 09:05 PM
    No doubt about it cost cutting is what kept the firm near a marginal profit and kept the cash hoard intact. Some of it made sense such as dropping activities not core to the business, reducing an overly large legal department, reducing layers of management and closing excess manufacturing capacity. Other cuts made little sense such as farming out support which will inevitably negatively affect the customer experience.
    05-02-13 09:18 PM

Now I'm out of a job then I can spend more time in the cellar.
    05-03-13 06:48 AM
    The aristo will be the successor to Playbook.
    05-03-13 10:22 AM
    Thats just denial, you always spend too much time in there already lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-03-13 11:26 AM
    Thats just denial, you always spend too much time in there already lol
    See I knew you had a surfalence survallance servelenc secret camera in my cellar?
    05-03-13 12:12 PM
    What happened to Arizona? Did you solve all their problems overnight with your superior Intelligence.
    05-03-13 12:28 PM
    What happened to Arizona? Did you solve all their problems overnight with your superior Intelligence.
    It's still in the USA I hope?
    werebear3 likes this.
    05-03-13 12:34 PM
    It's still in the USA I hope?
    They just recently adopted the Gold and Silver standards for purchasing. Maybe you can convince them that Alcohol could be a better standard yet.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-03-13 03:35 PM
    They just recently adopted the Gold and Silver standards for purchasing. Maybe you can convince them that Alcohol could be a better standard yet.
    I don't understand the first part because I don't know what those standards are or mean but it's the second part of your post that worries me. Please don't tell me it's one of those 'dry states for gods sake?

ps congrats on the 'ambassador' thingy.
    Tim1131 and FF22 like this.
    05-04-13 06:32 AM
    See I knew you had a surfalence survallance servelenc secret camera in my cellar?
    Now now you know that's in the bedroom streaming you and the wife to my cellar
    05-10-13 02:32 PM
49 12