hello guys,
    i just got a new playbook.
    Looks nice, but the worse thing that is nearly all the apps are not free
    1. any suggestions on where to get good free apps
    2. any recommendations on what to do nxt? after jailbreaking
    02-18-12 05:43 PM
    no need to jailbreak. os2 is supposed to be out in a few days (21st). should be lots more apps then too.

i would just enjoy as is for a couple of days, get the update and then go from there.
    02-18-12 05:49 PM
    ok another questions.. whats the diff between the Android Player and jailbreaking and installling the android market itself, any notable difference?
    02-18-12 06:12 PM
    Air Browser is a free file manager, folder explorer app.

Poynt for mapping, directions and nearby venues. Georendr for more mapping. Mapapp.

Free Simple Browser.

A number of games are free.

Compremote Lite - control your main computer from the pb including mousing, scrolling and keyboard.

Typing this new sentence after firing up compremote on computer and pb. moved the mouse pointer back to fix typo
    02-18-12 06:51 PM
    How do I put a DVD I own onto the PB?
    02-18-12 09:06 PM
    Most people use Handbrake.

I personally use DVDFab, which rips pretty much any protected DVD.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-18-12 09:09 PM
    Ok. Thanks!
    02-18-12 09:11 PM
    I don't want to sound mean, but you should do a search and some reading, as there are numerous threads about this topic. Also, you should have started your own thread since your question is completely unrelated to what the OP asked.

That been said, I use Freemake, and it works like a charm. It's very intuitive and gives you a lot of options plus a lot of presets, so you don't have to worry about getting it right.

Hope this helps.
    02-18-12 09:14 PM
    Sorry RIM doesn't fork out millions of dollars to devs so you can mooch free apps.
    Dale Thomas likes this.
    02-18-12 09:22 PM
    Sorry RIM doesn't fork out millions of dollars to devs so you can mooch free apps.
    Somewhat true but at the same time I'm not sure how the OP could miss the fact that there are 100's of good free apps.
    OP, tell is what type of apps you are looking for.
    Also, as mentioned, next week this (app shortage) definitely will not be an issue.
    02-18-12 09:41 PM
    If you want free apps and the ability to root/jailbrake, sell your PB and get an android.

A lot of android apps are free because they are ad supported. I like this about playbook apps - ad free!

If you can't spend a couple of bucks to thank a dev for their hard work - bad on you. Hey here's a thought - go to work tomorrow and tell your boss you are working for free. Bet he thinks its too bad all the help isn't free
    peter9477 and Dale Thomas like this.
    02-19-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD