If iPhones and iPads hold their value then so should the Playbook.
    'If used Toyotas and Acuras hold their value, then so should my Chevrolet...'

Sorry, friend, but you need to get educated on the state of the market. Even brand-new unopened, the Playbooks lost half over half their value on store shelves this past 7 months (Which is why you can now buy a $700+ 64GB Playbook for $299)

Even a used iPad from nearly 2 years ago is worth more than that.

Don't take my word for it, check craigslist or whatever local buy & sell service you use. There are Playbooks for sale and I've not seen one for any more than $150.00.
    Last edited by LisaOnline; 01-28-12 at 09:10 PM.
    01-28-12 08:39 PM
    No need to insult anyone. Matter of perspective.

The only person who would be insulted is the type of person I identified... I don't spend much time worrying about feelings on the internet, therefore, if the shoe fits...

Look, the iPad is about to be on the 3rd version in 3 years. There have been maybe 7 iPhones since 2007. There will be a 2nd Playbook after 1 year, bet on it. The computer, laptop, cell phone, etc bought a year ago has been replaced by newer and theoretically better devices. Someone mentioned cars... Cars are usually on a 2-3 year upgrade cycle. That doesn't exist in the tech world, there you are talking 6 months to a year. Like I said, if you think your little gadget is an investment (or a lease Ha!) so be it. Truth is every fool with something to sell hopes for a bigger fool that's looking to buy.
    01-28-12 09:01 PM
    'If used Toyotas and Acuras hold their value, then so should my Chevrolet...'

Sorry, friend, but you need to get educated on the state of the market. Even brand-new unopened, the Playbooks lost half over half their value on store shelves this past 7 months (Which is why you can now buy a $700+ 64GB Playbook for $299)

Even a used iPad from nearly 2 years ago is worth more than that.

Don't take my word for it, check craigslist or whatever local buy & sell service you use. There are Playbooks for sale and I've not seen one for any more than $150.00.
    I would consider reading posts before jumping to conclusions...
    I said AT THE SALE PRICE.

So if I paid 299 for it im sure someone will buy it for 200, or even 150. Selling anything back at 50% value is a pretty good deal in my mind. When you were in school did you worry about the resale value of your class books?... No, because you used them for what they were intended and then if you wanted to sell it just to get some money back you did that, but you didnt buy them to sell them at a loss... if you do that with item in the world you arent going to be getting anywhere in life.

LOOK AT THIS:
    Why would I spend $800 on an iPad to sell it for $600 (64gb wifi in canada)? that is a $200 loss.
    If i pay my PB $300 and sell it for $100 (64gb wifi in canada) I have the exact same loss, and im sure the vast majority of those PBs that you are looking up are higher than $100. (Plus, if i have a BB I can also get 3g)

It is less of an initial investment and the same risk of resale value.

to discuss this further check out the thread i started
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-value-692858/
    Last edited by FSeverino; 01-28-12 at 10:18 PM.
    01-28-12 10:02 PM
    The only person who would be insulted is the type of person I identified... I don't spend much time worrying about feelings on the internet, therefore, if the shoe fits...

Look, the iPad is about to be on the 3rd version in 3 years. There have been maybe 7 iPhones since 2007. There will be a 2nd Playbook after 1 year, bet on it. The computer, laptop, cell phone, etc bought a year ago has been replaced by newer and theoretically better devices. Someone mentioned cars... Cars are usually on a 2-3 year upgrade cycle. That doesn't exist in the tech world, there you are talking 6 months to a year. Like I said, if you think your little gadget is an investment (or a lease Ha!) so be it. Truth is every fool with something to sell hopes for a bigger fool that's looking to buy.
    Actually, I was only referring to just plain 'ole civility. It's what separates chimps from monkeys. Cro-Magnon from Neanderthal.

Us from you.

Since civility doesn't interest you, I begin by saying that your logic is appears more flawed than your actual facts. Your statements lose credibility when you say things that aren't factually true.

There's a secondary market for everything. And whether someone as obviously smart as you approves or not, people are exchanges items for dollars in the secondary market for a wide variety of thing. And none of them care what faceless voices on the internet think.

So who's really the fool? The one who buys something and when it's no longer useful puts it away in a box somewhere? Or, the person who realizes there may be some intrinsic value left in an item that has no longer become useful to them, but maybe useful to someone else and makes a buck from it, continually reducing their cost basis?

One of them is keeping their dollars working for them on a consistent basis. The other is not.

I'll finish this by saying that it's somewhat Oxy-MORONIC to begin a statement asserting that you don't care what people on the internet think or how they feel, then proceeding to let those same people know what YOU think and how YOU feel about something.

Cheers!
    01-29-12 11:07 AM
    No, it's irony and I said "feelings" not "what people think." Now that we're on the same page, what isn't "factually true?"
    Last edited by RUFFSTUFF1; 01-29-12 at 11:16 AM.
    01-29-12 11:14 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD