Hello!

I just purchased a blackberry playbook today off Craigslist, so please bear with me if I seem completely new to this. I performed a security swipe because the previous owner had is blackberry id on it still. However, after I entered in my information and created my account and finished the tutorial on using the tablet, I opened the homescreen and to my disappointment, the only apps that appeared were the browser and the setup app. I can't find the camera app, the appworld, the Tetris or NFSU, or any other pre-installed apps.

Here is a bit about the specs:

OS Version: 2.1.0.1526 - the odd thing is that blackberry is telling me that the 2.1.0.1526 update is available. However, whenever I run it, it never actually starts (just stays at 0%).
    4 applications installed (only the 2 showing)
    32 gb device

Can someone please tell me what to do??? I was really excited about this tablet but I can't do anything besides going on the web.

Thanks!
    07-09-13 08:51 PM
    Have you tried connecting it to a PC and using BlackBerry desktop manager (or perhaps Link) to restore to factory settings?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:02 PM
    You need to connect to wifi and perform an update to have the full system load. All apps will be present after the update.

Verify your Internet connection is good. Try deleting and reconnecting to your wifi if the update will not work properly.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 09:08 PM
    Hello!

I just purchased a blackberry playbook today off Craigslist, so please bear with me if I seem completely new to this. I performed a security swipe because the previous owner had is blackberry id on it still. However, after I entered in my information and created my account and finished the tutorial on using the tablet, I opened the homescreen and to my disappointment, the only apps that appeared were the browser and the setup app. I can't find the camera app, the appworld, the Tetris or NFSU, or any other pre-installed apps.

Here is a bit about the specs:

OS Version: 2.1.0.1526 - the odd thing is that blackberry is telling me that the 2.1.0.1526 update is available. However, whenever I run it, it never actually starts (just stays at 0%).
    4 applications installed (only the 2 showing)
    32 gb device

Can someone please tell me what to do??? I was really excited about this tablet but I can't do anything besides going on the web.

Thanks!
    Welcome to the playbookw world!

1# Just out of curiosity I would like to know how much you bought this 32gb Playbook off Craigslist?
    2# I suggest you get your Blackberry Desktop Manager to the latest version.
    3# Once you got BDM updated & opened make sure your playbook has more than 75% charge.
    4# Turn off the Playbook by pushing down the power button for 20 secs.
    5# Plug in your Playbook to your computer with the usb cable.

IMPORTANT
    Once you got it plugged in, BDM should detect your device

but as you can see it says that it cannot communicate with your device so what you need to do quickly is to click on "Update" then click "Repair" until you can see it looks for the latest OS available which is .1526 and then hope it actually repairs it correctly and you get all the apps that it comes with normally when its freshly installed.
    07-09-13 09:15 PM
    I've had mine since the end of 2012 and just love it so I feel for you. I don't remember having any problems with the set up but I think you have to install the newest os to get all the features. You have to do it with wifi connected and have charger plugged into wall if I remember correctly.

If that doesn't work, do a factory reset and start over.

Hopefully one of the mods or more knowledgeable people here will answer you soon with definitive information.
    07-09-13 09:16 PM
    Thank you for everyone's help. I'm currently updating the OS (It's only at 7/326 mb and it may need all night at this rate), and I just downloaded the BDM so I'm going to try that right now.

Thanks again!
    07-09-13 09:18 PM
    Bloodyrek, I purchased it for $125 including a charging dock
    07-09-13 09:21 PM
    Thank you for everyone's help. I'm currently updating the OS (It's only at 7/326 mb and it may need all night at this rate), and I just downloaded the BDM so I'm going to try that right now.

Thanks again!
    Don't do anything until the update is completed.
    07-09-13 09:31 PM
    Don't do anything until the update is completed.
    I will try to let it update but every 5 minutes it says that it cannot connect to the update servers and will try to reconnect.
    07-09-13 09:53 PM
    **Update** - It works!!! I let the update run and I got the apps. Thanks everyone!!!
    tryfe, AnimalPak200, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    07-09-13 10:53 PM