Hey guys,

Just got my new playbook and have some questions for you, that i haven't found anywhere else.

1. Using the browser if i try to go to 192.168.1.1 my router's IP, it doesn't seem to work. I would like to know if this is possible because i have a lot of devices in my network that have an admin interface and it would be awesome to have access to them from my PB.

2. Since i have a NAS, i have a shared folder on my network that i have all my movies, music, photos etc. Is there a way i can access them from my PB or is there an application for doing this?

Thanks in advance
    01-02-12 08:54 AM
    Hey guys,

Just got my new playbook and have some questions for you, that i haven't found anywhere else.

1. Using the browser if i try to go to 192.168.1.1 my router's IP, it doesn't seem to work. I would like to know if this is possible because i have a lot of devices in my network that have an admin interface and it would be awesome to have access to them from my PB.

2. Since i have a NAS, i have a shared folder on my network that i have all my movies, music, photos etc. Is there a way i can access them from my PB or is there an application for doing this?

Thanks in advance
    1. Are you connected wirelessly to the network when you try to access the router page? Are you sure x.x.1.1 is the correct gateway address?
    Can you elaborate more on the problem?

2. This is something I would *love* to have also. I have asked the guys at 'Files & Folders' but there is some licensing issues which make it trickier to implement... hopefully they can overcome these issues soonish!
    If not, there may be an Android port which may do it.
    rossoneri711 likes this.
    01-02-12 08:57 AM
    Try 192.168.0.1 and see if that address works. My router literature said the address was 192.168.1.1 and it wasn't give it a try.
    rossoneri711 likes this.
    01-02-12 09:19 AM
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance
    Access your router first thru your Desktop/laptop to ensure you have the right IP and Password. My router's IP is 192.168.10.1....different mfgr's use different addresses. If you have the right IP the PlayBook will connect and a dialogue box will come up asking for User Name and Password for the router enabling you to connect.
    rossoneri711 likes this.
    01-02-12 11:58 AM
    I can get to my router on mine - 192.168.1.1

Good question about the NAS. I would like to know. There seems to be no equivalent of "my network places"

Oh and welcome to Crackberry...
    rossoneri711 likes this.
    01-02-12 12:03 PM
    thanks for all your responses guys.

i am really kicking myself since i using 192.168.1.1 whereas it was 192.168.0.1 cant believe i forgot it and didnt even thought about it.

so thats solved. nice to hear other people have NAS so hopefully something will solve this.

again thanks for the replies and sorry for my stupid question
    01-02-12 12:46 PM
    Glad I was able to help. I too have a NAS and also interested in getting it to work with my PB.
    01-02-12 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD