i am the proud owner of a new playbook and im quite happy with it so far i got my my wife the kindle fire because shes a big ereader but i was in the market for a tablet.being a previous blackberry owner and seeing the deals on the playbook i choose it over several others.i didnt realize there was no email client or calendar as i dont have a bberry phone now and i guess it doesnt work without bridge.

is the next update going to have them...and android apps? i would love to have pandora and pulse and a few others but there is plenty to keep me busy.i love the crackberry site and the forums, thanks for any help in advance.
    11-27-11 07:00 PM
    Maybe 2.0 will have those features but nobody can tell you with any certainty. Buy a BlackBerry smartphone and enjoy the combination now and do not worry about the future because it (and Research In Motion) cares little about you.
    rjgjr likes this.
    11-27-11 07:14 PM
    You can use WEB-email if your isp supports it but it is generally one email at a time. Tungle is a calendar app.
    rjgjr likes this.
    11-27-11 07:52 PM
    First off I would ignore BB9700CA. Web based mail such as google, hotmail and others work great on the PB. Also, at the last RIM even in Toronto Rim showed off the native email, contacts and calendar apps. They all ran very nicely and were live and working, not a pony show. Android apps were demoed a little bit as well. I am running the dev. 2.0 on my PB and android apps run and work just like native apps. At this time though there are not many available and will not be until the 2.0 release in Feb.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your BP. I am a day one -15 user and I still enjoy mine and use it every day.
    rjgjr likes this.
    11-27-11 08:18 PM
    is the next update going to have them...and android apps?
    I'm 100% sure the February OS 2.0 update will include native email. Not only has RIM showed it off but the backend infrastructure is present on the 2.0 developer beta. The 2.0 developer beta also makes Android apps available, and many people are already using them.
    rjgjr likes this.
    11-27-11 08:26 PM
    is the next update going to have them...and android apps? i would love to have pandora and pulse and a few others but there is plenty to keep me busy.i love the crackberry site and the forums, thanks for any help in advance.
    Welcome to the world of PB! Lots of info available to help make full use of the PB here. The only thing certain about the expected OS2 upgrade in Feb '12 is that you will probably wait for a shorter period of time than most of us. The OS beta has provided some clues of the good things that hopefully will be included.
    rjgjr likes this.
    11-27-11 08:37 PM
    you can use the web version of pandora. it works fine. you'll find that you'll use the web version for lots of things, like amazon's cloud reader.
    gman-88 and rjgjr like this.
    11-27-11 10:05 PM
    Dont forget to give Slacker a try too.. I use it on pretty much all my devices on all OS...
    rjgjr likes this.
    11-27-11 10:37 PM
    thanks for all the great advice.as a newbie to the forums is there a way to be notified when people respond without going back to the listings? thanks
    11-28-11 07:08 PM
    yes rjgjr.. I believe there is a setting in your profile that you can check the "check box" to receive an email when someone responds to your post. The great thing also is the email shows you the actual response. Its not just saying "someone responded to your post" .. So no need to log on to CB to read the response. Hope that helps...
    rjgjr likes this.
    11-28-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD