hey everyone,
    got myself a 32gb playbook and loving it. use it more than my laptop to pretty much do alot of stuff including posting this thread.

I work in IT and i was going to suggest a company I am going to meet with to standardize their mixed up mobile platforms and go with blackberries, a bes server and possibly playbooks for their traveling employees.

anyways, my question regarding OS 2.0 is if there is a so far confirmed list of features added. i've looked around onthe net and so far i found:
    - native email client with BES support (addon?), pop3 and imap
    - native calendar (sync via BES?)
    - native contacts/address book (synv via BES?)
    - native android apps player

is native BBM confirmed?

any other features that are so far available in os2 or on the confirmed of upcoming addons to the final product?

cheers and i appreciate your responses and replies.

thanks
    01-03-12 11:17 PM
    anyways, my question regarding OS 2.0 is if there is a so far confirmed list of features added. i've looked around onthe net and so far i found:
    - native email client with BES support (addon?), pop3 and imap
    - native calendar (sync via BES?)
    - native contacts/address book (synv via BES?)
    - native android apps player

is native BBM confirmed?

any other features that are so far available in os2 or on the confirmed of upcoming addons to the final product?
    Actually absence of BBM is confirmed, for the first release of 2.0, at least for now.

Note also that while the rest of your list is confirmed, I don't believe that "native android apps player" is actually confirmed yet. I could have missed an official statement about it, but in the only one I've seen (David Smith's original blog post about the delay until February) it was not mentioned. Doesn't mean it won't be in there, but I'm pretty sure it's not confirmed yet because it's not certain it will be ready for the February release.

The only other thing mentioned in that post that you missed is "new video store" (or words to that effect).

Anything else is, I suspect, speculation, though there's lots of that to be done: USB host mode, A2DP (in the latest beta but not confirmed to be in 2.0), Netflix, and more. It's getting too close to Feb for me to be much interested in speculating, personally...
    Bash_Man likes this.
    01-03-12 11:27 PM
    thanks peter9477.... what I'd like to see is the ability to connect to a network share like a NAS to browse documents, music, pics, etc...

i store everything to my NAS unit thats connected to my router, would be nice to be able to browse files off of there. maybe if android player is on there, then there is probably something out there app wise.
    01-03-12 11:36 PM
    forgot to ask. what about the ability to rename and sort bookmarks in the browser? is that something thats confirmed or hinted of?

Password Keeper?

i did find info on grouping apps in folders and moving most used apps to the higher level by dragging them there.
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 01-04-12 at 12:28 AM.
    01-03-12 11:47 PM
    forgot to ask. what about the ability to rename and sort bookmarks in the browser? is that something thats confirmed or hinted of?

Password Keeper?

i did find info on grouping apps in folders and moving most used apps to the higher level by dragging them there.
    i don't think they have officially confirmed many features... I do see in the beta release the browser allows you to rearrange the order of the bookmarks when you put it into list mode. However, my list didn't stay in that order when I reopened the browser. It does show that they are at least working on the bookmarks system for the browser though.
    Bash_Man likes this.
    01-04-12 12:52 AM
    Note also that while the rest of your list is confirmed, I don't believe that "native android apps player" is actually confirmed yet. I could have missed an official statement about it, ...
    I just happened to be re-listening to the Q3 earnings report again for another reason, and heard (at around 16:30) Mike L describing what 2.0 would bring, and he did clearly mention the "Android Player" along with the native PIM stuff.

I suppose we could call that official, if we wanted to delude ourselves a bit and pretend that we can rely on something mentioned in passing during an earnings report, and that there's no way the feature might not be ready and delayed at the last minute.
    Bash_Man likes this.
    01-04-12 11:07 AM
    i don't think they have officially confirmed many features... I do see in the beta release the browser allows you to rearrange the order of the bookmarks when you put it into list mode. However, my list didn't stay in that order when I reopened the browser. It does show that they are at least working on the bookmarks system for the browser though.
    Thanks for the info stillers2
    01-04-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD