Still, I'm impressed that it works at all after all this time. The device itself is very good.

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook had potential.... and had really great speakers for a Tablet, even five years later they sound better than my Surface Pro.

Shortcoming was the GPU and of course the software.... if BB10 had be capable of running on the PlayBook, would have allowed it to be useful much longer.
    dmlis likes this.
    05-05-17 02:53 PM
    it has some great electronics in it and now that it's under $50 you can't get a decent tablet for that price! I've bought some garbage android tablets for my kids for around that price and they lag like crazy and break after a few weeks. If anything the playbook will make a great garage TV for me when I'm working on my RC cars. I'm currently shopping for the official charging stand

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-05-17 06:27 PM
    Still using mine for music and downloaded magazines. Also emails. Works great.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-06-17 12:46 PM
    Facebook and Twitter no longer works on playbook. Outlook should work tho

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 09:07 PM
    Facebook and Twitter no longer works on playbook. Outlook should work tho

Posted via CB10
    I presume you mean they no longer work through Bridge, which I guess is true. Too bad, though.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 10:31 PM
    I presume you mean they no longer work through Bridge, which I guess is true. Too bad, though.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure he meant the apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 09:22 AM
    I am enjoying my Playbook more now than previously. I now have both a 32gb G4 LTE (both bought recently) + a 64gb both with the Blackberry Bluetooth KB + Convertible Case, also have a Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo speaker, everything bought for very little money. The 4G is fabulous, so much faster with my Rapid Charger + 50 meg. service from my ISP, Bell Sympatico, even the stock Playbook browser runs as fast as my desktop iMac. For me the Playbook is a utility for email, weather, banking, Google searches + the excellent cameras + speakers. I am not an app junkie nor a sheep that wants to be locked into either the Apple or Google eco-system. I have installed a number of excellent apps from BBW, even some .Bar files with the Playbook App Manager on Google Chrome, so the Playbook performs exactly as I want it to. Remember that the 32gb +64B were originally $600 + $700., so the build quality is up there with the current top tablets. Let the "NAY SAYERS" obviously who spent full bucks on their Playbooks rant all they want, my Playbooks run just fine.
    05-07-17 09:23 AM
    I receive emails on my Playbooks without wifi on but I am connected to my Passport via bridge. Just to clarify, I did originally set up my email accounts while connected to wifi and dont need wifi on to receive emails as long as I am bridged. This works on all my Playbooks. I own several.

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    How can you manage to do that? The connection with my Z30 only allows sms and BBM, for the rest I have to log into a WiFi. Do you know if a Passport has some extra specs allowing to completely bridge it to a playbook?

From my awesome Z30
    05-07-17 09:48 AM
    I dont think my passport has any additional specs to allow for this. The only thing I can think of is that its my original BB iD account that was used with legacy devices that allow much more than just SMS and BBM but I very much doubt it but you never know for sure. Doubt even BB support would know either. Guess I am just lucky or there is a behind the scene (hidden) setting that I am lucky enough to have enabled by accident

How can you manage to do that? The connection with my Z30 only allows sms and BBM, for the rest I have to log into a WiFi. Do you know if a Passport has some extra specs allowing to completely bridge it to a playbook?

From my awesome Z30
    05-08-17 01:40 PM
    I dont think my passport has any additional specs to allow for this. The only thing I can think of is that its my original BB iD account that was used with legacy devices that allow much more than just SMS and BBM but I very much doubt it but you never know for sure. Doubt even BB support would know either. Guess I am just lucky or there is a behind the scene (hidden) setting that I am lucky enough to have enabled by accident
    Thank you very much, your answer is logical, I hope to find out how to bridge emails to my device.
    05-08-17 01:55 PM
    Thank you very much, your answer is logical, I hope to find out how to bridge emails to my device.
    you just need to download and install bridge from blackberry world
    05-08-17 02:03 PM
    you just need to download and install bridge from blackberry world
    I did it, but emails don't sync. I only get messages and BBM, even with BlackBerry bridge installed, that's why I ask ed whether there were difference between Z30 and passport

From my awesome Z30
    05-08-17 02:14 PM
    I think if you can get hooked up onto the wifi just once, then you will always be able to receive emails from that connection even if your wifi is off on your playbook. I think the trick is to connect to the wifi in question just the one time and get accepted then you will be good to go. At least this is my experience in the past.

I did it, but emails don't sync. I only get messages and BBM, even with BlackBerry bridge installed, that's why I ask ed whether there were difference between Z30 and passport

From my awesome Z30
    05-08-17 02:20 PM

From my awesome Z30
    There is NO difference between the Passport and Z30 or Q10 or Z10. All BB10 devices perform the same with Bridge.
    05-08-17 02:27 PM
39 12