OK, I got my first PlayBook this week, and spent last night getting it set up. I successfully added my Outlook account, but it hasn't synced since that time, and no emails come through. None of my calendar entries have shown up, either.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-03-17 11:45 AM
    You bought a playbook in 2017, that's what you did wrong. LoL

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 11:51 AM
    You bought a playbook in 2017, that's what you did wrong. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Correction: I was gifted a NIB PlayBook 64GB. Quite the gesture.

Now then, can you help? It's not connected to WiFi, but my understanding of BlackBerry Bridge is that it shares a connection with the data coming from my phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 11:58 AM
    You need to connect to wifi in order to set up an account, once its done and its the same account that is set up on your blackberry phone, then your emails will come thru via bridge without wifi turned on

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    05-03-17 12:06 PM
    Hey buddy. Yeah you need to set up Blackberry bridge and connect your phone via Bluetooth. I haven't used it in a while so I'm assuming it's still functional. You need the bridge app on your device. Setup from there is pretty straightforward. Let us know how it goes.
    05-03-17 12:07 PM

Now then, can you help? It's not connected to WiFi, but my understanding of BlackBerry Bridge is that it shares a connection with the data coming from my phone.

Posted via CB10
    That's a very nice gesture, I have and still use my Playbook so I wasn't bashing it. I don't have Outlook connected to mine but i'll set my outlook up tonight and look into it. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 01:03 PM
    To clarify:

Bridge has been setup between PlayBook and device. PlayBook is not currently on WiFi due to login restrictions at work. I was hoping to access emails, calendar, contacts, etc. on the device with or without Wifi.
    New PlayBook Owner-img_20170503_142331.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 02:23 PM
    That's a very nice gesture, I have and still use my Playbook so I wasn't bashing it. I don't have Outlook connected to mine but i'll set my outlook up tonight and look into it. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I wonder if other accounts work.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 02:24 PM
    Sorry for all the posts.

I added FB and Twitter accounts, but they aren't showing up, either, even though there has been activity on both today. Again, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
    New PlayBook Owner-img_20170503_142728.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 02:27 PM
    Good to see a playbook user, I miss it !
    05-03-17 02:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's what's wrong. Bridge gets your info from your BlackBerry OS 7 device and displays it on the PlayBook. That's it.

If you want external mail, you have to use WiFi. If you've got a Bold 9900 for example, turn on Mobile Hotspot and let the PlayBook connect to that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-17 03:47 PM
    Maybe this is too much work.

I have a PlayBook. It's connected to my Q10 via Bridge. I am now on WiFi, and none of my emails, calendars, social media, or contacts are syncing properly.

BBM and SMS do sync properly.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 04:00 PM
    Wow! Awesome I'm going to dig mine out!
    05-03-17 04:05 PM
    BBM and SMS do sync properly.
    Yep, and you cannot get anything else from Bridge. However, your contacts and email can be synced provided you set up your email account on the Playbook. Contacts also sync if your BBID is setup the same as your Q10. No social media will come through. The calendar will also sync through your BBID.
    05-03-17 04:10 PM
    BB Bridge between a BB10 device and a PlayBook does not have the full functionality that BBOS and a PlayBook have. It really is only BBM and texts plus file access and the remote control. When I switched from my 9720 to my Passport I really missed the 'full' BB Bridge. On top of that the Passport keeps losing the bluetooth connection.
    05-03-17 04:48 PM
    Yep, and you cannot get anything else from Bridge. However, your contacts and email can be synced provided you set up your email account on the Playbook. Contacts also sync if your BBID is setup the same as your Q10. No social media will come through. The calendar will also sync through your BBID.
    This is unfortunate, but a definitive answer. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 07:16 PM
    BB Bridge between a BB10 device and a PlayBook does not have the full functionality that BBOS and a PlayBook have. It really is only BBM and texts plus file access and the remote control. When I switched from my 9720 to my Passport I really missed the 'full' BB Bridge. On top of that the Passport keeps losing the bluetooth connection.
    Good to know. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 07:17 PM
    i just got a 64gb one for $30
    i hate how people bash older devices on here, this is supposed to be a blackberry forum. In our throwaway society people forget just because a device is a few years old doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    ratfinkstooley and dmlis like this.
    05-04-17 06:45 PM
    I also just bought a Playbook, a 32 GB version, and it's actually better than I expected. I loaded videos and music on it, I use it for spreadsheets for work, the Bible app works flawlessly, the screen and the speakers on it are superb, and it even has some fun games available from BlackBerry World. The size is perfect too. I spent $40 for this. Very good bargain! It's not a top of the line tablet, but I am not one who enjoys the rat race. I'm comfortable with a tablet that is just functional. So I'd encourage others to check it out at the prices they're selling for.
    dmlis likes this.
    05-05-17 08:36 AM
    Gmail works just fine, even without the bridge hoopla. Hotmail works too. I think.

Facebook is noticed via email, and twitter, I don't use, so I can't comment.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 08:49 AM
    I've got my email accounts working, but I still need to find some good apps for facebook, Slack, and a few others.

Disappointed the BBM Channels and Groups don't work on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 10:22 AM
    I receive emails on my Playbooks without wifi on but I am connected to my Passport via bridge. Just to clarify, I did originally set up my email accounts while connected to wifi and dont need wifi on to receive emails as long as I am bridged. This works on all my Playbooks. I own several.

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    05-05-17 10:35 AM
    It seems to be hit & miss with my Q10. Sometimes emails work great over Bridge, sometimes not at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 10:54 AM
    It seems to be hit & miss with my Q10. Sometimes emails work great over Bridge, sometimes not at all.

Posted via CB10
    That's how it works now... Bridge worked much better on earlier versions of BB10.
    05-05-17 11:08 AM
    Still, I'm impressed that it works at all after all this time. The device itself is very good.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 11:13 AM
39 12