hold on.... hold on.. I'm still searching for the homebrew community. Did I miss it?
    I think that's around the corner, by the donut shop -next to AA.
    but faster to just buy it - homebrewing takes far too long. Far too much work.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-27-11 at 09:46 PM.
    11-27-11 09:21 PM
    Mrs Gatz was censored, Mrs Gatz angered by the immorals

lalala life is so pretty !
    11-27-11 09:27 PM
    It is quite an interesting thing to witness the veteran playbook owners turn on the noob playbook owners with the charge of sedition. In the military they call it fratricide. In the bigger picture, they say a house divided against itself can not stand.
    So I just got a 64gig playbook and I'm not too impressed with it so far but that could change with a little Q and A that I didn't see in the stickyed starter guide. Hardware wise this baby should impress but the software seems humiliatingly lacking, to the point where I'm not sure how to proceed... For a little background on what I'm used to, I am pretty active in the WebOS community helping the touchpad become the 1.9 ghz dual core beast that runs ubuntu/android/webos almost perfectly. I also use an iphone that I taught to use my ipad2 as a screen/box o periphs(since ipad2s aren't jailbreakable yet) for other work things and only prefer my TP for the ubuntu partition and torrenting on the go. With those as my staples am I just spoiled or is there something massive that I'm missing? These are my main questions...

1.Can I test apps? Andriod, webos, and ios all have hacked app sites, evil people steal the apps from those sites but I use them to test apps. If I buy something I hate then I just both supported and encouraged the maker of something I hate which is unacceptable. If I test something I like then I buy the app plus donate what I actually think it's worth too the dev.

2.Bluetooth speakers, are there really no work arounds yet? One thing I thought to do with this was load it with maps/tunes and mount it in my glove box connected to my car stereo/gps through bluetooth. No dice?

3.What can I tinker with internally? I love trying new processor configurations on my touchpad or directly playing with the light sensor readings from my ipads camera.
    4.What do you read in? Being used to stanza Kobo is horribly annoying, you have to use menus to change both brightness and text size; the PBs pixel density is fairly super so it would be a good reader.

5.Can I use this as a phone over wifi? Is there really no skype? I have bluetooth headsets all over my house which are set up to quick connect to my various devices, in America I refuse too stand to order my pizza!

6.None of the free map programs I found worked with the tomtom MKII bluetooth GPS wired into my car, is this something I should research or is it another mainstream bluetooth they didn't give us drivers for?

7. Is the playbook mainly useful to people with BB phones? Searching has said that most of my issues could be solved by pairing it with a BB but that's not a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

8. Where is the homebrew community? Every other OS has hacks, homebrews, and cheats. The PB seems to have none of that, ya just get it, load it, and use it. What do you use your PB for that it excels at?

9. How many of these things are fixed in the beta? I really don't want to mess up the browser which I guess is fairly common but I also don't want to hate the playbook merely due to it's 30% completed OS...

THIS IS NOT TROLLING, I saw the sticky saying people are trolling and if it turns out my expectations are too high for BB then I'll just sell my PB and disappear from here like a gentleman
    You know what... this poster/poser doesn't even indicate they've opened a PB up and let 'er rip... interesting. It's all What ifs, and What abouts...
    11-27-11 09:36 PM
    Beethoven's 9th ends with a chorus singing:

O friends, no more these sounds!
    Let us sing more cheerful songs,
    More full of joy!

You might take note of it.

Cheer up, friend. The OP didn't take offense, and neither should anyone else.
    11-27-11 09:39 PM
    Mrs Gatz was censored, Mrs Gatz angered by the immorals

lalala life is so pretty !
    Don't take it personally Mrs. Gatz - you weren't the only one.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    11-27-11 09:45 PM
    Don't take it personally Mrs. Gatz - you weren't the only one.
    ty (message too short so i had to type this here please ignore that which is in parenthesis)
    11-27-11 09:50 PM
    I think that's around the corner, by the donut shop -next to AA.
    but faster to just buy it - homebrewing takes far too long. Far too much work.
    You won't believe that community! Pub on every corner! Did hit the donut shop, but missed the AA...... oh wait... I shee anuder pub
    11-27-11 09:59 PM
    i am going to say the PB is not for you. I mean you can keep it just to have another device to play with but it will not suit your needs/wants at all IMO
    Is playbook's browser online streaming good? = or better than honeycomb? thats the only thing I care about in a tablet. I just ordered one.
    11-28-11 11:35 AM
    Is playbook's browser online streaming good? = or better than honeycomb? thats the only thing I care about in a tablet. I just ordered one.
    Better.............

(I had an A500 3.2)

So im qualified to discuss french, wait. Scratch, tablet browsers
    11-28-11 11:39 AM
    browsing is great on both devices. There are many choices for browsers on the android tablets too. Stock HC browser is close to a desktop experience. The PB is also. For streaming online both offer flash and html5 and handle most online video well.
    11-28-11 02:57 PM
    deRusett,

I too am new to the Blackberry Playbook. One of your comments was that Bluetooth speakers would not work. Is that really true? Does it also apply to a Bluetooth earpiece? Since there is no Skype app or anything similar, I guess that would be a moot point.

It was an impulse buy at $199. So far I like the functionality of the Playbook, but the lack of apps is quite a turnoff.
    11-28-11 04:34 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD