Hey guys, I just bought a 16GB playbook off of ebay for 200 bucks that comes with a case and needless to say I am extremely anxious to get it. I saw them on BestBuy.com for 169.99 but like somebody said in a previous post that it was probably better to buy it from ebay because of Best Buys "warranty" policy on the refurbs. But anyways I was just coming on here to ask what I should do with this thing when I get it, as far as rooting, apps, cases and stuff like that.. I am just coming back to BB after I upgraded my 8530 for Android(HORRIBLE) then to WP7 and if I fall in love with this Playbook ( which i'm sure I will) I am definitely on my way back for the BB smartphone.. Bridge looks to amazing to miss out on.. Thanks guys!
    01-22-12 05:49 PM
    I would suggest checking this thread for lots of tips:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/

There are several threads about cases. I would recommend trying it out as is before worrying about rooting. It only adds limited functionality currently. There is a Rooting sub-forum if you are interested.

Welcome to CB
    01-22-12 06:05 PM
    I'm looking for one around $160!
    01-22-12 06:22 PM
    FYI - You could have gotten a new 64 GB PlayBook from shop.blackberry.com for $299.

1. Case depends on preference. I personally like my Dicota TabBook.
    2. Other accessories - HDMI cable is a must to connect to HDTV.
    3. Games and apps - too many to cover. I love Conqu, Evernote, Slacker, and Scrapbook (to name a few). As for games, Madden 12, Doodleblast, Dead Space, and Pinball are among my favorites.
    4. Rooting - depends on your comfort level. Personally, I'm just going to wait for the official release of OS 2.0.

If you are thinking of getting a BlackBerry handset, let me recommend the Bold 9900/9930. The keyboard is great and can be used as a wireless keyboard/mouse for the PlayBook as part of OS 2.0.

Hopefully you enjoy your PlayBook as much as I enjoy mine.
    01-22-12 06:26 PM
    So was I but for the refurb 16gb a case and shipping it was about 215 so I decided to browse ebay.. definitely worth it!
    01-22-12 06:28 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

As ScionicMan said.... Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also the Blackberry Playbook 101 will take you off on other stuff, like rooting and such.

Enjoy!
    justwar88 likes this.
    01-22-12 06:38 PM
    Welcome and enjoy!
    And please, do use the helpful links everyone was so kind to provide for you.
    01-22-12 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD