My wish for the future of playbook if RIM is coming with a new one and I am sure they are is:

1: keep the 16g 7" playbook with wifi as it is and keep the price at $199.99 or $249.99
    2: drop the 32g and 64g 7" playbooks
    3: introduce 32g and 64g 8.9" or 8. something playbook with 3G/4G or what ever it is and wifi too
    4: micro SD card

RIM don't need to go to a 9" or the 10" tablets I would still keep the same thickness as the 7" going to thinner is not the way you need something meat on it so it doesn't feel like a toy in your hand. With RIM's programs and software on a 8" tablet would be awesome I think.

That just thoughts and wishes for the future of the playbook because I think it and RIM have so much more to offer.
    Last edited by sshrul; 12-27-11 at 04:02 AM.
    lma13 likes this.
    12-26-11 09:39 PM
    1.micro sd slot..
    2. sliding keyboard
    3. 3d screen
    Last edited by bitek; 12-26-11 at 10:10 PM.
    12-26-11 10:07 PM
    1.micro sd slot..
    2. sliding keyboard
    3. 3d screen

Crap! your right I forgot the micro SD card that's #4. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by sshrul; 12-27-11 at 03:58 AM.
    12-27-11 03:55 AM
    Wish list for next gen playbook would be:

1. 8" screen on same chassis, keeping the playbook the same size, but reducing the bezel by half.
    2. High resolution 2048x1200, with a dpi close to 300 (296).
    3. 2gb ram, true multi tasking and a ton of pixels need more ram.
    4. Next gen quad core processor and graphics chip.
    5. LTE or at least HSPA+
    6. Bluetooth 4.0
    7. Inductive charger (like HP touchpad)
    02-05-12 06:40 PM
    Wish list for next gen playbook would be:

1. 8" screen on same chassis, keeping the playbook the same size, but reducing the bezel by half.
    2. High resolution 2048x1200, with a dpi close to 300 (296).
    3. 2gb ram, true multi tasking and a ton of pixels need more ram.
    4. Next gen quad core processor and graphics chip.
    5. LTE or at least HSPA+
    6. Bluetooth 4.0
    7. Inductive charger (like HP touchpad)
    Just to rebutt your first point, I've used the Otterbox case, and it cuts the bezel in half, and it takes a lot of adjustment to get my finger to always go from the very farthest point for bezel gestures, because otherwise it doesn't register. Now, I think RIM could probably fix this if they were designing specifically for that size of bezel, but then the cases would either have to cover the whole bezel, making it impossible for bezel gestures, or cover only a tiny bit of the device, thus making it more vulnerable...

My 0.02
    02-05-12 06:49 PM
    Just to rebutt your first point, I've used the Otterbox case, and it cuts the bezel in half, and it takes a lot of adjustment to get my finger to always go from the very farthest point for bezel gestures, because otherwise it doesn't register. Now, I think RIM could probably fix this if they were designing specifically for that size of bezel, but then the cases would either have to cover the whole bezel, making it impossible for bezel gestures, or cover only a tiny bit of the device, thus making it more vulnerable...

My 0.02
    Most cases don't cover the bezel at all, only ones to worry about would be the heavy duty ones like outer box, but I'm sure they could find a way to design around it.

Edit: also what probably makes it tougher is the raised edges on the outer box, it would be alot easier to come in from the sides if it's flush.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 02-05-12 at 09:58 PM.
    02-05-12 07:09 PM
    keep current size of playbook but give us more viewable screen. get as close to the edge as possible with the screen as mentioned by fernandez21. 8 inch viewable screen. 32 & 64 is perfect, eliminate the 16.. upgrade to more RAM and quad.. wifi is great. dont need the LTE or HSPA+....and of course micro sd.. with this keep at $299 price

this can be done for this price...
    02-06-12 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD