Really looking foreward to using this mint condition 32GB Playbook that a friend gave me and she said it belonged to a friend of hers back in the day. Just wondering it is possible to date a Playbook based on serial numbers or anything? I had no idea what was on the device, nor did I know how to navigate a Playbook. I also used some site called GoodEReader (I believe) last week, connected it to my laptop and was able to get some Android BAR compatible apps on it but unfortunately I discovered that if the apps were updated after 2.2 then they no longer worked. Of 18 apps only a few still worked. WattPad, Wikipedia, Nobex Radio, Crackberry, and a handfull of word puzzle games and a first person shooter game. The others like Google and Facebook, Twitter, etc I just use the websites for and they are still not bad. Also the Origami Browser seems pretty good but if you are going to use FB and Twitter through it, it might not work. Reddit in Motion app still works great and there is a decent photo editor app that works called Photo Studio that I used on my 9780, 9790 and 9900.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-24-18 08:14 PM
    Here is the video when I first got it functioning. It took 2.5 hours to jump start the battery after sitting for many years.

Mecca EL likes this.
    07-25-18 07:28 PM
    Here is the video when I first got it functioning. It took 2.5 hours to jump start the battery after sitting for many years.

Nice! Glad to see it charged up for you. There is life in these Playbooks yet depending on what your needs are...
    RJ Oakley likes this.
    07-28-18 03:11 AM
    Nice! Glad to see it charged up for you. There is life in these Playbooks yet depending on what your needs are...
    Thanks and yeah I can definately do more on it than I can on my beloved 9900. The 7 inch tablet size is optimal for me now and it was all thanks to being given this barely used Playbook that convinced me. I just read that even the ipad Pro models are going to be smaller in size this fall. You just want to use it more when it is not so clunky.
    07-28-18 03:28 AM
    If you are trying to find production date - it should be somewhere on the box. I'm sure as I bought about a dozen of them from Ebay and I always asked the seller to verify the date.

And I recommend to install Battery Guru app (hopefully it's still in BB World?) to check battery health.
    08-04-18 11:14 AM
    Thanks very sharing. Great story. Love my two PlayBooks. Hope you get some use out of it. Enjoy
    08-04-18 05:10 PM
    If you are trying to find production date - it should be somewhere on the box. I'm sure as I bought about a dozen of them from Ebay and I always asked the seller to verify the date.

And I recommend to install Battery Guru app (hopefully it's still in BB World?) to check battery health.
    unfortunately no box. I did get the black stretchy fiber bag or case with the blackberry logo with it. Yeah I was hoping there was another way but I guess not.
    08-05-18 10:54 PM
    Thanks very sharing. Great story. Love my two PlayBooks. Hope you get some use out of it. Enjoy
    'preciate it. I like the long battery life!!
    08-05-18 10:55 PM
    unfortunately no box. I did get the black stretchy fiber bag or case with the blackberry logo with it. Yeah I was hoping there was another way but I guess not.
    Most probably not. But I assume the year itself is not so important. If battery health is over 90%, your PB can be considered almost new.
    08-06-18 02:50 AM
    Most probably not. But I assume the year itself is not so important. If battery health is over 90%, your PB can be considered almost new.
    No Idea what the battery health is but I can go at least 2 full days, and thats with playing a lot of Nobex Radio app. Based on the condition I would think that someone tried it out and stored it for the next several years.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    08-07-18 06:01 PM
    Nobex radio down today?? Was working perfectly for the last month and now favs won't play. Rebooted and it played until I changed channels and nlw not playing again.
    08-19-18 06:44 PM