Registered the PB on BlackBerry website, emaile support a week ago (eight days ago actually) reported defective charger, waited 3 days, no reply, called them and was told to send another email, waited 48 hours, called again, explained the situatio, was told to send another email quoting case #, waited 72 hours, called again, was told to send another email, asked to speak to someone in charge, was told that can only be reached via email, asked for direct email to reach exact dept, sorry nothing can be given out! Asked if I can excalate the case, was told to send another email and just wait, eventually will receive a response and to have a little patience but cannot give a timeline for a response! Hung up on me. Did BlackBerry fire the whole department? Cant believe that the level of support has dropped so bad from BlackBerry. Anyone have a way to reach this dept? I am very dissapointed in the company I have supported since they began! Not impressed, no wonder everyone is switching to the competition. Its supposed to have a 90 day free support warranty, might get a response on day 91 if I am lucky or is it unlucky, WOW

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    01-10-14 08:52 PM
    You need to start with phone support. They will try to help you and also assign the case number.

Without a support ID number in your email, the email does not make it to support.

Just to be clear, emailing prior to calling to have a support case started will get you no where.
    01-10-14 09:13 PM
    My Playbook came with a defective charger. I called customer service and gave them the details, and they sent me a new one within a week. This was about three or four months ago. I think I got the phone number from the website.
    01-10-14 09:51 PM
    Thanks, will try calling and just start from scratch, totally rediculuous

01-11-14 01:46 AM
    Did BlackBerry fire the whole department? Cant believe that the level of support has dropped so bad from BlackBerry.

Yes, management has laid-off 99% of the technical support staff, outsourced some technical support, and retained a small team working from their homes and this team is focused on enterprise clients. Some folks on this forum seem to think the layoffs targeted the software and hardware development teams.

Posted via CB10
    marknmel likes this.
    01-11-14 07:16 AM
    Update...finally received an email from support. Told me to make sure the charger was plugged into the playbook properly.lol. Plan on calling tomorrow and I will just create a new ticket. I think there is only one person working at blackberry in the support dept. I also think she is learning English as a second language at the same time. Terrible spelling mistakes and very bad sentence structure in the reply I received. Maybe she was 6 years old!
    01-13-14 12:00 AM
    I know how frustrating it is. The best way to put this to bed, is to get the Travel Rapid Charger from Amazon, a BB charger, with a magnetic charging port that attaches to the three pins on the bottom of the PB. 15 bucks, and it saves the micro-usb port for the Data backups and transfers, reducing wear and tear. You can attach it blindfolded, and if you walk "thru it" it just breaks away fro the PB. No brainer.

Do this while you are waiting for Cust. Service to get you a replacement OEM charger.........

c
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    01-13-14 09:56 AM
    Update...finally received an email from support. Told me to make sure the charger was plugged into the playbook properly.lol. Plan on calling tomorrow and I will just create a new ticket. I think there is only one person working at blackberry in the support dept. I also think she is learning English as a second language at the same time. Terrible spelling mistakes and very bad sentence structure in the reply I received. Maybe she was 6 years old!
    Probably a Sykes support agent providing technical support for BlackBerry.
    01-14-14 12:47 AM
    Update, spent 1.5 hrs on the phone and got no where. Tried to create a new ticket but took them all that time to come back and say playbook support is only available thru email! Mr Chen! Please fix this problem! Cant even use this playbook! Please fix playbook support! Two weeks now and not addressed!

01-14-14 10:56 PM
    Update, spent 1.5 hrs on the phone and got no where. Tried to create a new ticket but took them all that time to come back and say playbook support is only available thru email! Mr Chen! Please fix this problem! Cant even use this playbook! Please fix playbook support! Two weeks now and not addressed!
    Did you purchase the PlayBook through a retail channel or is it one of the ones they have been clearing out lately? I think the employee discount clear outs state they don't come with support or warranty.

If you bought it through a retail channel, this is the first time I heard that it was email support only now.
    01-15-14 07:34 AM
    January 20th and still no word from blackberry! Purchased from Staples. Their response is contact blackberry as they have nothing in stock.blackberry won't reply and when I contact them by phone, their response is to wait for a reply via email as this is the only way to deal with it. 10 days without a fix is not acceptable to say the least. Not happy! Actually, very pissed!
    01-19-14 11:53 PM
    If you have no luck with BlackBerry, try Staples again. Their online site has the PlayBook charger.

The PlayBook chargers can fail where the plug folds. I have one now with that problem. It you play around with the folding mechanism, you might find an angle where it connects and charges. We have had a two or three of the original PlayBook chargers fail, usually somewhere in the cord.

The Premium International Travel Charger is a better charger because of the more durable cord. It also comes with all the mains adapters. About a year ago I found them in the Clearance Bin at staples for $5 and bought three of them. The second link is to this charger on the CrackBerry store.

BlackBerry ACC39343101 Perform Wall Charger, Black | Staples®

BlackBerry Premium International Charger | BlackBerry Wall Chargers | CrackBerry Canada

01-20-14 07:25 AM
    I have a new one coming today (as a backup to my other two) and would be hugely upset if this happened. A couple of your posts trigger red flags for me, however. The fact you report being hung up on, and the personal attacks on the woman that tried to help.

Even though you have every right to be frustrated you will get further by remembering a couple of things. First, it is not only WHAT we do or say but HOW we do it (our "tone"). It does not get us anywhere to be 100% right when we alienate the person that we want to help us. Secondly, our best guess at "intent." As unhelpful as the woman was being, she probably does not intend to refuse service, create more frustration, make you feel as though you do not have a right to ask.
    You are probably well aware of all this and a master communicator, so my apologies in advance if that is true. It is just when I am justifiably upset, I get a lot further when I can remind myself to slow down and try to nicely enlist help from the service person.

Posted via CB10 with "Z" best
    01-20-14 03:51 PM