hey guys,

does anyone know if RIM will be releasing some of these accessories finally when OS2 comes out?

I found this on Amazon:
    BlackBerry Playbook USB Desktop Sync Dock by: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It's a desktop sync cradle with USB (not just a power connector). Nice!

I'm also eagerly (and patiently) awaiting that case + keyboard that Kevin teased us with a few months back.. WHERE IS IT?

ADDODD
    01-09-12 10:20 AM
    It's not available at Amazon UK, and I can't seem to find a review I once read about it, but it really doesn't work. You will find thousands of these gimmicky devices from Hon Kong, and there is a reason they're not sold in mainstream internet or brick and mortar stores. Stick with OEM, you'll be glad you did.
    01-09-12 10:27 AM
    agree 100% on getting OEM. the reason this one caught my attention is that it says "by blackberry"... wondering if this is an OEM cradle coming from RIM some time soon...?

and where's that damn case+keyboard already! I'd have bought two by now!
    01-09-12 10:48 AM
    I'm hoping that the oem keyboard/case is announced/shown at CES.
    01-09-12 11:37 AM
    If you want a portfolio instead of just a case Brookstone has a nice one on clearance for $20.

Leather Portfolio for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

They also have a slimmer case even cheaper, $15.

http://www.brookstone.com/blackberry...ctList|712166p
    anon(2514601) likes this.
    01-09-12 11:46 AM
    I'm hoping that the oem keyboard/case is announced/shown at CES.
    Read somewhere recently that it would be released in January. I assume whether it's January or not, that means "before or with 2.0".
    01-09-12 12:02 PM
    Reasons why that dock is a bad idea

1)wireless sync is faster
    2) plugging in and out of usb port will ware down the usb port (which is why ibrought oem dock)
    3) OEM dock is a rapid charger (charges faster) and uses magenetic charger (ie. u dont have to plug in USB - no wear on ports)

If u break your USB port your pb is pretty much screwed if it evers bricks . Those non-oem USB docks hold the pb up using the usb port could u imagine if that cheap piece of crap bent? Your.... 200$ to 800$ (depending when u brought it) investment is scrapped.
    Canuck22, Thunderbuck and Atdmanor like this.
    01-09-12 12:09 PM
    Reasons why that dock is a bad idea
    1)wireless sync is faster
    Could you clarify what you mean? In my many tests so far, file transfer with USB is several times faster than file transfer with WiFi.

I don't use the Desktop Manager "sync" feature at all though... is it that to which you're referring? I wonder why DM sync would be the opposite of regular file transfer...
    01-09-12 01:20 PM
    I agree with the above. USB sync is about 4x faster than wireless sync for me.
    01-09-12 01:47 PM
    I agree with the above. USB sync is about 4x faster than wireless sync for me.
    it was on the crackberry.com front page around may/June/july... wifi sync is around 5x faster... but if u cant set it up or ur wifi is crap then... cant help much. Personally i still use usb sync though... but i dont do require to do it often as I just dropbox and bluebox the files i need.
    01-09-12 04:12 PM
    Read somewhere recently that it would be released in January. I assume whether it's January or not, that means "before or with 2.0".
    Where are people reading this? I have never seen or heard anything official by RIM but have heard lots of "I've read somewhere they will release it when OS2 is out". I'm quite anxiously waiting for the keyboard case combo and would pretty much pay up to $100 for one of these. It would be ridiculously helpful for notetaking, productivity on the go, document editing, lengthy email writing etc. given that I don't have a netbook or laptop and do all my work on a desktop.

Wondering if there's anyone at CES that can inquire and get a more firm release date from the RIM booth... even a confirmation from them (as unreliable as their word has been) that they ARE going to release it sometime would be great.
    01-11-12 06:57 PM
    If you want a portfolio instead of just a case Brookstone has a nice one on clearance for $20.

Leather Portfolio for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

They also have a slimmer case even cheaper, $15.

Clip Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet at Brookstone
    That clip case looks very cool, and it looks as though it might be able to be used with the charger stand that I already have!
    01-11-12 08:59 PM
    That clip case looks very cool, and it looks as though it might be able to be used with the charger stand that I already have!
    I got the clip case from Brookstone today and it is, indeed, very cool. And, I can use the rapid charger without removing the case!
    01-19-12 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD